alth

Can I use this option in I-864?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can I attach the tax return photocopy for only the most recent tax year along with a copy ofW2(2007)?

Hello, you need 3 yrs income tax returned copies as required by the USCIS, its best to have complete documents submitted rather than receiving an RFE.

I-751 timeline

3/05/10 - mailed I-751 packet

3/12/10 - arrived at CSC

3/16/10 - online status, NOA mailed but no mail received

3/18/10 - Check cashed

4/15/10 - biometric appointment (notice recv'd in mail - 4/01/10)

4/16/10 - touched

4/18/10 - I-485 & EAD touched????

5/03/10 - Card production ordered

5/11/10 - letter of Approval received in the mail

5/26/10 - email received "letter of Approval" sent in the mail... not yet received till now 6/8/10

7/07/10 - called USCIS why green card has not received yet

7/09/10 - email from USCIS stating that they already sent the GC on May 25th and undeliverable,

adviced to apply for I-90 as it might have been lost in mail

7/25/10 - mailed application for I-90 (replacement of lost or stolen card)

9/16/10 - biometric appointment

9/20/10 - touched

9/21/10 - touched

ISAIAH 40:31

"but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength,

they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint"

[/color]

try this link..

http://rinnahannah.multiply.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Can I attach the tax return photocopy for only the most recent tax year along with a copy ofW2(2007)?

Hello, you need 3 yrs income tax returned copies as required by the USCIS, its best to have complete documents submitted rather than receiving an RFE.

Thank you for your suggestion. But I have problem with the third most recent tax year that's why I'd like to send only the most recent one.

Edited by alth

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I am sorry but the answer given above is wrong.

The instruction says:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statementand/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099,Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the most recent three taxyears , pay stub(s) from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these items will help you qualify.

It asks for the most recent year not all three years.

Furthermore, on the form it says:

I have filed a Federal tax return for each of the three most recent tax years. I have attached the required photocopy or transcript of my Federal tax return for only the most recent tax year.

Once again, you are required to have filed for the three most recent tax years but only need to submit a copy or tax transcript for the most recent tax year. Just give your income for all years and submit copy or tax transcript of 2007.

If you want to give all three tax years, then you are suppose to check the OPTIONAL following box.

If anyone shows me where it is REQUIRED to show copies of all three tax years, please do so.

Edited by Lili

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Yes, Lili is correct, although it may be prudent and wise to submit 3 years if there are any "shaky" years, but it is not a requirement. See below direct quote & source from USCIS.gov (abridged for specific question asked)

HERE

Special Instructions :

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Yes, Lili is correct, although it may be prudent and wise to submit 3 years if there are any "shaky" years, but it is not a requirement. See below direct quote & source from USCIS.gov (abridged for specific question asked)

HERE

Special Instructions :

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

Thank you very much for both of you.

• 10 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The topic has not been continued for a while, although I will try to refresh discussion.

My concern is again about point #19 on the I-864 form...

On the form it says:

I have filed a Federal tax return for each of the three most recent tax years. I have attached the required photocopy or transcript of my Federal tax return for only the most recent tax year.

Above sentence make a problem to me. First part of it is NOT truth in my case, whereas second is true. Why did they change the law (that you need to provide only most recent tax return) if they still possibly asking about three years.

My case is as follows - I am only 25 years old and my employment time is more or less 1,5 year long. I have tax transcript for 2007 year (my income is above poverty line, even that I started working in the middle of the year) and I will be able to provide my pay stubs for the full 2008 year (I will enclose last six, I am again above poverty line). What is more, I read once that it happens that in case like me, NVC asks about joint sponsor claiming that my employment length does not provide enough confidence that I will be able to support my beneficiary.

Question is what I suppose to do to the sentence on the form? I can not check it and sign because part of it is not true, although I fulfill another necessary condition included in this sentence. I have a feeling that I can not leave it blank as well.

I couldn`t find answer to this doubt. I will appreciate any help in this matter. Long time ago I found on VJ (can not find now) somebody in similar situation. This person CROSSED word THREE in the I-864 form sentence and instead wrote word ONE by pen. In addition, he attached explanation on the separate piece of paper. It was accepted by NVC and his I-864 was approved. This is what I am planning to do for now. If somebody else have experience in this matter, or may be I am missing something, or maybe there is a better thing to do I will much appreciate any help.

Thank you and good luck for everybody.

Seba

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.