thejoz

Emails/Chats

13 posts in this topic

Well I'm ramping up to send off the stuff back to Amy so that she can tell the Embassy she's ready for the interview and whatnot.

In terms of the on-going relationship thing, some of the things cited as examples are cell phone bills, emails, chats, whatever, right?

Well, since we've known each other, we have exchanged over like 5,000 emails, and have endless hours of chat logs stored.

I am not in any position to run out an entire ink cartridge by printing up endless pages of emails and chat logs that they may not even look at. What should I do here?

I can use the cell phone bill, I've made a few calls to her recently that can show up, and we have the ring receipt and stuff. We also will have a few cards and stuff mailed to each other during this time that I can use.

Otherwise, I don't have any idea what exactly to use.

I did some searches for an answer to this topic, and none were what I needed, so I'm hoping some of you here can push me in a good direction. Thanks!

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The emails, chats etc are used basically in the beginning of the application to show continue relationship, just pick a few here and there to show you still keep in touch often and have met as a requirement for the k1, add things that have happened since the application, more trips more pictures....plans for the weding, announcements?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

The emails, chats etc are used basically in the beginning of the application to show continue relationship, just pick a few here and there to show you still keep in touch often and have met as a requirement for the k1, add things that have happened since the application, more trips more pictures....plans for the weding, announcements?

I don't particularly understand what you mean by beginning of the application, unless you mean for the K1 petition...

...In which case, I mean, we're at the embassy interview stage thing, so that was already approved, I didn't bother printing out any of that before.

But I mean in terms of a continuing relationship, I mean, nothing new has happened since I sent off the pictures last time of her and I together which was last Spring. We haven't seen each other, cause we can't afford it, and yeah. All we've done since July is talk online and a few phone calls.

We refuse to make concrete wedding plans till we know when she can even enter the country, so we haven't done any of that.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

I-485

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Griff printed out an email or two from each month since the I129f was filed, took some newer pics and some greeting cards I sent him. They didn't ask to see one scrap of it! With that said, I don't recommend not bringing any, but rather just a small sampling of emails, phone bills and chat logs to have on hand, just in case she's asked to produce it.

Griff printed out an email or two from each month since the I129f was filed, took some newer pics and some greeting cards I sent him. They didn't ask to see one scrap of it! With that said, I don't recommend not bringing any, but rather just a small sampling of emails, phone bills and chat logs to have on hand, just in case she's asked to produce it.

Okay cool, I can deal with that I think :thumbs:

I've heard the stories of London not asking for anything, so I'm kinda hoping the trend continues! Hehe :whistle:

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

I-485

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't particularly understand what you mean by beginning of the application, unless you mean for the K1 petition...

...In which case, I mean, we're at the embassy interview stage thing, so that was already approved, I didn't bother printing out any of that before.

But I mean in terms of a continuing relationship, I mean, nothing new has happened since I sent off the pictures last time of her and I together which was last Spring. We haven't seen each other, cause we can't afford it, and yeah. All we've done since July is talk online and a few phone calls.

We refuse to make concrete wedding plans till we know when she can even enter the country, so we haven't done any of that.

just that meaning most send these when the application is first filed, but still at this stage u need to have something to show as continueing relationship so few more email, few chats, few letters, did anyone mail any birthday gifts, whatever phone you can come up with, im thinking u will need something (we go thru casa) and usually more than one trip is helpful but do understand the money as we all do, i think you need think of something to show (sorry since dont know your situation) emails, chats,etc are secondary and often not even looked at...did u have a engagement party? just trying to think of something

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Like everyone said, a sampling will likely do. I can't imagine the people there taking a whole lot of time to comb over all the documents with a fine toothed pick. I think my fiance is taking our airline tickets that I bought when we went back to Nebraska, some pics of us in Chicago, and some random emails.

wtf-picard.jpg

Ditto to what others have said! I took a few print outs of phone records, emails, messenger chats as well as photos from Christmas etc but they didn't ask to see any of it! Bet if I hadn't taken they would've asked though ;)

I-175 Timeline

June 22nd 2010 - Package sent

June 23rd 2010 - Package received CSC by M Guerrero

June 23rd 2010 - NOA

August 17th 2010 - Biometrics

September 17th 2010 - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Like Julez, I printed a few emails from after the date of first submitting the petition (we filed in July) for each month Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan. to show an ongoing relationship. although the mountain of phone records, pictures, and 8 visits in the last 10 months, I am sure emails were not all that big of a deal! oh, and just because I find this whole process invasive, I decided not to black out anything racy or naughty in those emails because if they really want to dig in my private life then they deserve to blush! of course then london did not ask for any evidence and his whole embassy experience was over in like 70 mins! but better safe than sorry!

Interview was some time last July.

Took the following evidence of continuing relationship with me:

Letters of continuing intent.

Receipts from a visit to US and a visit to the UK.

Some sample emails.

Screenshots showing us using Skype plus our

gazillions of Skype history entries.

Was asked for:

Nothing.

Colin the Conditional

I don't think many people get asked for their evidence of relationships. I wasn't asked for anything except the forms either. However, sure as eggs are eggs, if you took nothing, they would ask for something.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Aye. To be honest, I was intended just to take a cross section of everything. It can't hurt (except my arms, lugging about a folder full of guff) so better safe than sorry I guess, as mentioned above :)

Stu.

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.