Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

how long will it take my fiance to get a drivers license?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

im being lazy.. just wondering if anyone know the answer

Until they give her one


Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on how good she is at driving? Maybe... :lol:


.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!


(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!


Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia

You need to leave your laziness aside and call your local DMV office. They should be able to tell you what documents she needs to show to get at least a Drivers Permit.



02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
im being lazy.. just wondering if anyone know the answer

Your question is a bit vague....ergo the tongue-n-cheek answers you're getting. ;)

If you really mean how long before you fiancee gets her driving license....the answer depends on your fiancee's driving skills. If she is a licensed driver in her country, then in some cases(depends on the state you live in) she may be able to drive using her foreign license for up to a year. If she is not a licensed driver, then she will need to take the driving test both written and 'practical' before she is issued a licencse. So,...it depends.


If you mean what type of preliminary ID requirements must be met before your fiancee can even take the test to get her license, then you must at least state the what state do you live in, as those laws are different from state to state.

Your best bet is to check the requirements with the Department of Motor Vehicles in your particular state (most have pages on their website with information on how to get a DL) to see what and how long is needed before a foreign driver can attain a license to drive in that state.

Good luck,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...