john & jean

Honor Date Recd.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

USCIS state they honour the date they receive your application and process applications according to the 'received date'. In our case, our NOA1 notice was not issued until two months after we sent in the application and the notice did acknowledge the correct 'received date'.

In practical terms so many applications are received by the service centers that it is difficult for them to strictly adhere to order of receipt. It is my understanding that adjudicators pick up a box of files and commence processing the contents. Different adjudicators will complete batches at different times so it is common to see people who filed later than you being approved earlier.

In our case, we saw a lot of July filers being approved before Christmas and are now seeing August filers being approved. However, there is still a significant amount of people from July who are still awaiting approval, so in theory our petition should be adjudicated very soon.

Some petitions are more involved than others and this can slow down the processing of a particular batch. It is useful to look at the 'waiting for an NOA2 from ....' threads as there are a number of generous people who post lists of approvals and pending applications which can give you a reasonable idea of when your application might be processed. It is worth noting though that VJ members represent only a minority of visa applicants so there are many more approvals happening than we actually witness.

I genuinely don't feel that the service centers can do much more to ensure that petitions are processed in order. They receive a lot of applications! One thing I do mind though is that the two service centers are unable to keep within reasonable pace of each other. VSC is well on the way to completing September applications whilst CSC is only just starting to approve August filers. If this is because CSC are working on other immigration applications (like AOS, EAD, work visas etc.) then surely VSC could lighten the load somewhat rather than storming away approving K1 petitions so fast. This would benefit all visa applicants. Nothing personal to those of you fortunate enough to file at VSC for K1.

I'm sorry I just noticed that yours is a CR1 application, my post is based around K1 fiance petitions because that is my main experience. I'm sure it applies to spousal visas too.

Edited by babblesgirl

• 2 weeks later...

What do they mean with for example August filler

one who filled in August or one whose application was received in August after waiting for 1 month to get into system

I sent mine on 8-19 to NSC

CSC received it on 10-2 which is also the date of NOA1

The receipt date says 10-2

does it mean I am not August filler, but October filler

I hope I am not right

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They go by your receipt date, not what date you sent it. Nobody even knows what date you sent the petition except you. How would they?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

They go by your receipt date, not what date you sent it. Nobody even knows what date you sent the petition except you. How would they?

I was not enough clear

I sent it on 8-18

The NVC received it on 8-19

But CSC received it on 10-2

Does it mean that, if they are processing july petitions, that means I am october petition

I hope not, because I saw some august filler getting approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahh so they had to transfer it to California? Well, I originally sent mine to Nebraska because their site wasn't updated when they switched to just CSC and was given the date that CSC received it. Didn't matter when the first service center had it. Not sure in your case, but it sounds pretty similar. I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but on the bright side, either way they have been giving approvals to people in both August and October categories so you never know! Probably doesn't matter much either way at this point.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.