ladylyn

Almost got ripped off

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello my fellow VJ'ers!

Is anybody there has any idea about a "worth the price" wedding gown? My fiance wants me to look for my wedding gown already so i can take it with me to the US for our wedding though for now, we are still preparing for my interview this March 13 but really, i do hope that we will get approved.

Almost got ripped off today and here's the story.

It was Monday when i went to the city to look for a wedding gown for me and there is this boutique.I dont think they are famous in my city because havent even heard of its name but due to my inexperience regarding this stuffs(wedding stuffs,etc.), i did just checked out their gowns on their catalogue and I really found one interesting nice gown.There was no price on their catalogue so i just asked the gay attendant there how much was the price of that gown.At first he was so friendly and all that you cant even think that he's going to trick you or something just so they can sell you off their stuffs there.He was really really friendly and we even had a lot of conversations.My bad i guess because there are some informations that slipped off from my tongue when he asked me about my fiance and i told him that he's an american :crying::crying::crying: .Another lesson i've learned!

So then he told me that he has to call somebody and when he got back, he then told me to go back there Friday which is today.

As being appointed, i went back there today to find out how much was it and guess what??? This VERY FRIENDLY gay attendant told me that the gown costs 60k pesos.Can you believe it??? :unsure:Me too! .I asked him why was it that expensive when i've even heard and read some posts here in Vj that they got their wedding gowns at around 20k pesos only,FREAKY,HUH??? So then he said that what made it expensive is because it's already a package like aside from the gown, there's already a veil, a cord as well as the accessories,etc.etc..Hmm, i was puzzled so i told him that i'll have to ask my fiance first about it and i'll just go back if we can finally decide if we will get it or not and i hurriedly took a taxi back home coz you know, they'll surely negotiate with me with all their false prices if i decided to stay longer.

My fiance was like :o:o:o when i told him the price :D coz he said that its just same price as they have there in the US or even more expensive.He was just blaming me a bit though:D.He said, i made a mistake by telling that gay about him coz he might just wanted to trick me and told me a false price knowing that he's american.Of course, i was ashamed coz those people who wanted to trick me was just a fellow filipino kababayan of me,grrrrr.Aw, that was embarrassing! :crying::crying::angry: Well, i admit my mistake though and i was sorry about it that's why i said, i've learned another lesson.Plus, never really had any idea about this wedding stuffs coz im still single and each time i attend a wedding of my friends and relatives, i never cared of asking them how much their wedding gowns costs :wacko:.

So, is there anybody there who have some ideas about an affordable but with good quality wedding gown? I'd really appreciate any reply to this....

I hope, there's no more blaming of me :crying: .

Thanks folks for taking your time reading my post and good luck to everyone!

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello my fellow VJ'ers!

Is anybody there has any idea about a "worth the price" wedding gown? My fiance wants me to look for my wedding gown already so i can take it with me to the US for our wedding though for now, we are still preparing for my interview this March 13 but really, i do hope that we will get approved.

Almost got ripped off today and here's the story.

It was Monday when i went to the city to look for a wedding gown for me and there is this boutique.I dont think they are famous in my city because havent even heard of its name but due to my inexperience regarding this stuffs(wedding stuffs,etc.), i did just checked out their gowns on their catalogue and I really found one interesting nice gown.There was no price on their catalogue so i just asked the gay attendant there how much was the price of that gown.At first he was so friendly and all that you cant even think that he's going to trick you or something just so they can sell you off their stuffs there.He was really really friendly and we even had a lot of conversations.My bad i guess because there are some informations that slipped off from my tongue when he asked me about my fiance and i told him that he's an american :crying::crying::crying: .Another lesson i've learned!

So then he told me that he has to call somebody and when he got back, he then told me to go back there Friday which is today.

As being appointed, i went back there today to find out how much was it and guess what??? This VERY FRIENDLY gay attendant told me that the gown costs 60k pesos.Can you believe it??? :unsure:Me too! .I asked him why was it that expensive when i've even heard and read some posts here in Vj that they got their wedding gowns at around 20k pesos only,FREAKY,HUH??? So then he said that what made it expensive is because it's already a package like aside from the gown, there's already a veil, a cord as well as the accessories,etc.etc..Hmm, i was puzzled so i told him that i'll have to ask my fiance first about it and i'll just go back if we can finally decide if we will get it or not and i hurriedly took a taxi back home coz you know, they'll surely negotiate with me with all their false prices if i decided to stay longer.

My fiance was like :o:o:o when i told him the price :D coz he said that its just same price as they have there in the US or even more expensive.He was just blaming me a bit though:D.He said, i made a mistake by telling that gay about him coz he might just wanted to trick me and told me a false price knowing that he's american.Of course, i was ashamed coz those people who wanted to trick me was just a fellow filipino kababayan of me,grrrrr.Aw, that was embarrassing! :crying::crying::angry: Well, i admit my mistake though and i was sorry about it that's why i said, i've learned another lesson.Plus, never really had any idea about this wedding stuffs coz im still single and each time i attend a wedding of my friends and relatives, i never cared of asking them how much their wedding gowns costs :wacko: .

So, is there anybody there who have some ideas about an affordable but with good quality wedding gown? I'd really appreciate any reply to this....

www.plussizebridal.com

very reasonable prices

gowns in all styles, shapes, colors, etc.

good luck.

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you know your way around divisoria there are lots of designs that you can choose at very reasonable price. The last time I asked it costs around P2000 pesos. Its a just a simple dress though. If you want something with a fancier fabric you will have lots of choices there.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

If you know your way around divisoria there are lots of designs that you can choose at very reasonable price. The last time I asked it costs around P2000 pesos. Its a just a simple dress though. If you want something with a fancier fabric you will have lots of choices there.

Aw, thats nice Racquel, thank you but unfortunately, i am from Cebu and i dont know any way going there in Divisoria though i've heard a lot about the place in most filipino movies , hehe.

Is it just close to the Embassy? Coz i might can drop by and take a look at it together with my fiance since my fiance will be here with me on my interview.

Good luck on your interview and God Bless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

what about e bay ,I never bought stuff on e bay , but heard its simple to do , and if they dont deliver to you , you could get it sent to your fiances adress in the US

http://search.ebay.com/wedding-gowns

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Hi! got married last year, and I was a very hands-on bride, so I went to several designers and couturiers, and yes, even Divisoria, looking for that perfect gown for me. Don't be surprised because most of the wedding gowns made by not-so-known to wellknown designers cost around 25,000Php to as high as 100,000. In divisoria, the cheapest i asked was around 2,000 but it's really awfully made. The fabric is stiff and it looked cheap. but there are stalls there that sell gowns from 5,000 to 12,000 and the gowns looked nice. My wedding gown was made by Jorge Palmos and I got the entire package (including the gowns of the entourage and the barongs) for 100K. But you are right. Try not to mention that your fiance is a foreigner. I learned that lesson to when scouting for suppliers for our wedding. I ask for their price first before i even tell them that Dave is an American. Sometimes, i dont even tell them. And trust your instinct. if you think theyre just making you bola, u can just smile and nod politely and leave! LOL

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

That place and Baclaran..your $200 goes a looong way with that amount of money! I know you gonna tell me that your from Cebu..how about doing the shopping when you got here in Manila in time of your medical or interview..it wont take you a long day to choose and pick your wedding gown.I am sure you find time to do that. Prices in this two place mentioned are both pocket -friendly! and you can haggle too! :thumbs:

Goodluck!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Hi! got married last year, and I was a very hands-on bride, so I went to several designers and couturiers, and yes, even Divisoria, looking for that perfect gown for me. Don't be surprised because most of the wedding gowns made by not-so-known to wellknown designers cost around 25,000Php to as high as 100,000. In divisoria, the cheapest i asked was around 2,000 but it's really awfully made. The fabric is stiff and it looked cheap. but there are stalls there that sell gowns from 5,000 to 12,000 and the gowns looked nice. My wedding gown was made by Jorge Palmos and I got the entire package (including the gowns of the entourage and the barongs) for 100K. But you are right. Try not to mention that your fiance is a foreigner. I learned that lesson to when scouting for suppliers for our wedding. I ask for their price first before i even tell them that Dave is an American. Sometimes, i dont even tell them. And trust your instinct. if you think theyre just making you bola, u can just smile and nod politely and leave! LOL

Thanks a lot for these tips.Sure, i guess i really need to check this place out when i am there in Manila already for my medical and interview.I guess i'll have a lot of time by then coz my interview will be 5 days after my medical.Seems like the stuffs in that place were affordable but one thing is for sure :D ......

I'm not gonna get that 2,000 pesos made gown with a stiff fabric coz that would probably give me a title of"the most aweful looking bride ever". :lol::lol::lol:

Aww, thanks a lot my fellow brothers and sisters here in VJ for all these tips and ideas.Wish me and everybody luck on our interviews and God Bless Us All!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I think you can find lots of beautiful wedding dresses and a lot less expensive in the U.S. Why not check some online now and buy it once you get there.

I bought mine in the U.S., later I found the exact same dress here in my country and it was almost 3 times the price that I bought it for!

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

this is jen..yeah you can drop by divisoria once you were be able to come at embassy in manila..otherwise you can call me to help you..i live here in manila and so far we are stillwaiting for the NOA1 ..my hubby sent in last jan.25,2008 and i want to have some information..

jenny

1919m3v26vlf5u.gif

--------------------

01-25-2008 =I-129f sent to CSC

01-28-2008 = CSC recieved petition

02-05-2006 =Noa1

06-02-2008 =touched

06-03-2008 =touched

06-10-2008 = NOA2

06-17-2008 = NVC harcdcopy

07-03-2008 = medical (passed)

07-09-2008- Paid DV

07-16-2008 - DV Forward to NSO

08-05-2008= Interview

08-20-2008 = visa printed

08-21-2008 = VISA ON HAND ( my birthday too)

09-02-2008- flight to USA

10-18- 2008= wedding