7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So I had my AOS interview in Garden City location yesterday. The lady-officer was very nice and polite. She asked a lot of questions like

-how long have you been married?

-how long have you lived together before you got married?

-where did you meet?

-where did your wife work when you first met?

-did you have a wedding ceremony? (We didn't have an actual ceremony, but we explained to her that we were definitely planning to have one, later on, maybe when my parents are going to have a chance to come to the US; and she seemed pretty satisfied with the answer)

Questions to my USCIS husband:

do you know what your wife's parents do for living?

where do they live (which city in Russia)?

She asked me for my original birth certificate. I explained that I had a notarized copy+translation (my original birth certificate is in Russia), she looked at it breefly and gave it back.

We had only been married for 6 month, so we do not have a lease agreement or health insurance,

but we brought lots of pictures with my husband's family.

She took the original bank statements, even though I offered her the copies i had brought.

Overall I think the interview went well. The officer said that if they need something else, they will mail us a notice, otherwise I should be getting my 2-year green-card soon.

(FBI NAME CHECK???)

F1 > GC

AOS Timeline

September 24, 2007 - Sent the package to Chicago

September 26, 2007 - Package received

October 2, 2007 - Checks cashed, NOA1 for I-130/131/485/765

October 19,2007 - Biometrics done (Woodside, New York)

December 3,2007 - i-131 and i-765 approved

January 23,2008 - Interview - sucessful

January 28,2008 - Email - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

aFu_KittenChick.gif

Congrats! :dance: :dance:

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: Timeline
So I had my AOS interview in Garden City location yesterday. The lady-officer was very nice and polite. She asked a lot of questions like

-how long have you been married?

-how long have you lived together before you got married?

-where did you meet?

-where did your wife work when you first met?

-did you have a wedding ceremony? (We didn't have an actual ceremony, but we explained to her that we were definitely planning to have one, later on, maybe when my parents are going to have a chance to come to the US; and she seemed pretty satisfied with the answer)

Questions to my USCIS husband:

do you know what your wife's parents do for living?

where do they live (which city in Russia)?

She asked me for my original birth certificate. I explained that I had a notarized copy+translation (my original birth certificate is in Russia), she looked at it breefly and gave it back.

We had only been married for 6 month, so we do not have a lease agreement or health insurance,

but we brought lots of pictures with my husband's family.

She took the original bank statements, even though I offered her the copies i had brought.

Overall I think the interview went well. The officer said that if they need something else, they will mail us a notice, otherwise I should be getting my 2-year green-card soon.

(FBI NAME CHECK???)

congratulations

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats and good luck! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.