• no
    • undecided
    • i'm too chicken to vote

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

first this:

Police: Bomb Planted Under Leavenworth Home

LEAVENWORTH, Kan. -- Police said someone planted a bomb under a Leavenworth house, causing an explosion and fire early Friday morning.

The explosion happened at about 2:15 a.m. at a home in the 1900 block of Second Avenue.

Two sisters, one of them pregnant, were inside the home at the time. The women, ages 19 and 20, were able to escape the house unharmed.

"I heard a big boom. I said, 'What do you think that is?'" neighbor Frank Minnis told KMBC's Jere Gish.

Police said someone put an explosive device in a crawl space under the house.

"It woke me up," neighbor Al Corbett said. "The whole front of the house just lit up."

Neighbors said they saw fireballs coming from the house and ran over to help the women escape.

"They were just really scared," neighbor Renee Logan, who hurt her hand on a window while trying to help the woman escape.

"They're friendly people. I can't see why anything would happen to them," one neighbor said.

"They're just average people -- they go to work every day and come home every day, that's it," another neighbor said.

"Clearly there was intent to do harm. Whether or not someone's actually being targeted, that's the focus of our investigation," Maj. Pat Kitchens said.

The home was seriously damaged. The sisters are staying elsewhere.

Police said there are people they want to question in the case, but no arrests have been made.

link

-------------------------------------

no arrests ever made.

-------------------------------------

now this:

LANSING, Kan. -- A Lansing man will be charged in the shooting death of a 20-year-old pregnant woman.

The victim, Olivia Jackson, had been the intended target of a pipe bomb explosion in Leavenworth in early January.

Police expect murder charges to be filed sometime Thursday.

Investigators said Jackson knew her killer, and he may be the same person who tried to kill her once before.

When police found the mother-to-be shot to death in a mobile home park, the 23-year-old suspect was with her. Officers took him into custody as a person of interest.

"There are pieces of the puzzle we put together that changed him from a person of interest to a suspect," Lansing Police Chief Steve Wayman said.

Jackson's baby was due to arrive in just five weeks, and if the autopsy shows the baby could have lived outside the womb, the suspect could also face charges for the death of the unborn child.

Police in the neighboring city of Leavenworth said the murder case is connected to their investigation into the explosion at Jackson's house.

Though she and her sister were not hurt, the house was badly damaged.

Leavenworth Police said they had interviewed the murder suspect as part of their investigation into the explosion.

Right now it's unclear why Jackson would go to the suspect's home, knowing that he may have wanted her dead.

Police wouldn't discuss the relationship between Jackson and the suspect, only that they knew each other and she went to his home willingly.

link

additonal note: suspect is also the father of the unborn child.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

I think you should start another poll about abortion... pro-choice or pro-life? it would be interesting to see how many people support a woman's right to kill an innocent baby but yet argue against the death penalty when someone actually deserves to die.

Not trying to bring that debate in here... just thought it would be interesting to see the results.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Timeline
I think you should start another poll about abortion... pro-choice or pro-life? it would be interesting to see how many people support a woman's right to kill an innocent baby but yet argue against the death penalty when someone actually deserves to die.

Not trying to bring that debate in here... just thought it would be interesting to see the results.

i can't disagree with you there sis. it does seem odd :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i remember hearing about a story a long time ago about this guy who hit a pregnant woman with his car and it killed her unborn baby, the lady did survive though.. but he was still charged for the murder of the unborn child .

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, Scott Peterson was charged with two counts of murder...one for Lacy and one for the baby.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, Scott Peterson was charged with two counts of murder...one for Lacy and one for the baby.

wasn't the baby was born though ?? :unsure: I seem to recall that they found the baby separate from the mother...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wasn't the baby was born though ?? :unsure: I seem to recall that they found the baby separate from the mother...

The baby was unborn. It was ejected after her death.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline

results so far

yes............................[ 7 ]......[29.17%]

no............................. [ 16 ].. .[66.67%]

undecided,..................[ 1 ]......[4.17%]

i'm too chicken to vote.[ 0 ]......[0.00%]

wow, even killing a pregnant woman won't get the death penalty around here :blink:

(many of us believe he was trying to avoid child support as the kid was his)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i can't disagree with you there sis. it does seem odd :thumbs:

Of course I don't want to discuss abortion, but I remind you that when abortion is illegal, more actual WOMEN die from either abortions they chose or family force them into (happens a lot). So the death toll is much higher, since when abortion is illegal it does not affect the number of abortions, just the safety and cleanliness of abortions. So even if you believe ejecting a fetus is murder, you still have to deal with the fact that legal abortion saves lives.

Edited by Alex+R

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
So even if you believe ejecting a fetus is murder, you still have to deal with the fact that legal abortion saves lives.

Each abortion also ends a life. What I don't understand is how the location of the baby, and who ends its life determines whether it is murder or not. A doctor killing a baby inside its mother, even though it would survive if born at that time: not = murder. Someone assualting the same mother and killing the same unborn baby = murder. A baby is born, then immediately killed = murder.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline
So even if you believe ejecting a fetus is murder, you still have to deal with the fact that legal abortion saves lives.

Each abortion also ends a life. What I don't understand is how the location of the baby, and who ends its life determines whether it is murder or not. A doctor killing a baby inside its mother, even though it would survive if born at that time: not = murder. Someone assualting the same mother and killing the same unborn baby = murder. A baby is born, then immediately killed = murder.

probably cause a 9mm isn't an accepted form of abortion.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Wouldn't it be ironic if the people who are baying for his execution were the same ones who were picketing the Planned Parenthood offices decades ago if his mother was contemplating an abortion?

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Timeline
Wouldn't it be ironic if the people who are baying for his execution were the same ones who were picketing the Planned Parenthood offices decades ago if his mother was contemplating an abortion?

just as it would be for those who are against the death penalty going and staging a sit in at a prison protesting the execution of a convicted murderer yet later on that week go get an abortion ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *