Tanjay

K-1 Visa denied at interview, for meeting at Cherry Blossoms.com

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dylan and I met at Filipina heart..she is approved and has visa in hand!

Filipina Heart and such are DATING sites...to me I always thought of a " marriage broker " to be like a mail order bride service or something... all our paperwork etc.says we met at FH and I did not submit that we had a marriage broker cuz we didnt we met at a "dating and friendship site" in my opinion..Good luck and God bless to all on this journey

We did have a lot of documentation/photos etc

Doug

August 21, 2008: I-129F sent

August 30, 2008: NOA1

February 02, 2009: NOA2

March 2-3, 2009: Medical at St. Luke's

March 19, 2009: interview US Embassy- Manila

March 24, 2009: Visa received

April 02, 2009: CFO at PRISM

June 30, 2009: Dylan & Douglas enter USA together POE Chicago

July 3, 2009: applied for marriage license

July 7, 2009: got Married and received marriage certificate

July 28, 2009: SSN received

AOS

August 19, 2009: AOS sent

August 25, 2009: NOA (AP,EAD,AOS)

August 31, 2009: received Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD (dated Aug.27,2009)

Sept.18, 2009: Case transferred to CSC

Sept.24, 2009: Biometrics Appointment

Sept.28,2009: EAD & AP Approval

Oct. 5,2009: received EAD card & AP (mail)

Nov.5,2009: AOS approved( 72days from NOA)

Nov. 13, 2009: GC received(mail)

Removing Conditions I-751

Sept. 20,2011: Sent I-751 Petition to remove conditions

June 2012: 10 year GC approved

N400 Naturalization

August 16,2012 : Sent N400

August 31, 2012 : early Biometrics

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

Yahoo Personal, Philippine Heart, Cherry Blossom, Match dot com, etc are not Marriage brokers

This is an old post and stop getting yourselves worked up about nothing

I have grown tired of this thread as well

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dylan and I met at Filipina heart..she is approved and has visa in hand!

Filipina Heart and such are DATING sites...to me I always thought of a " marriage broker " to be like a mail order bride service or something... all our paperwork etc.says we met at FH and I did not submit that we had a marriage broker cuz we didnt we met at a "dating and friendship site" in my opinion..Good luck and God bless to all on this journey

We did have a lot of documentation/photos etc

Doug

I agree with Doug.

Analyn and I met through FilipinaHeart. I paid the fee for one month. However, I didn't consider FH any more of a "marriage broker" than I would Yahoo Personals, where you pay a fee as well. I did not check the box for IMB on the I-129F. However, Analyn mentioned meeting at FH in her "Statement of Intent", and it also came up with the pre-screener at the Embassy. When he asked how we met, and she said FilipinaHeart, he said "Ah, the famous FilipinaHeart.", and laughed.

We had no problems with the interview, and Analyn has been here in the USA since Sunday.

And, since the original poster on this fairly old thread is already here and married, I guess it wasn't an issue for them either. It might be a good FAQ point to address once and for all exactly what constitutes an IMB though.

donald -n- analyn

For Filipino events on the Space Coast, see our organization's web site.

2006-09-21 :: met online

2007-05-23 :: first met in Philippines

2009-03-22 :: welcome to USA, POE Detroit!!!

2009-06-13 :: married in Florida!!!

2010-03-18 :: AoS approved, no interview :-)

See our timeline for the riveting details! Good luck on YOUR journey!

FYI

Yahoo Personal, Philippine Heart, Cherry Blossom, Match dot com, etc are not Marriage brokers

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

:jest::pop:

Edited by Bituin

FYI

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

Well, the issue has not been resolved, because so many people still say that FH, CB are marriage brokers under the loosely defined IMBRA law. Sorry my friend, but you do not have the final say on this. We must wait for further interpretation of the law from USCIS. Most people check the YES box on the 129F if they used FH, CB or other online dating service. Peace.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

CB is NOT an International Marriage Broker. PERIOD, CB is an international dating site. I origionaly contacted my wife on CB, and noted this on out I-129F, nothing came of this at all.

I even asked CB about this and here is their responce on IMBRA:

While we do not consider our company a marriage agency because we do not charge the women nor do we charge couples that end up marrying that meet on our web site. But our government has written a very broad definition of Marriage Broker so we will leave it up to you what to fill in.

Not sure if it hinders your petition to state that you used a marriage broker or not.

Sorry for the ambiguity but this law is an odd item. If you say you did not use a marriage broker you should let your Fiancée know so that at her interview she does not mention Cherry Blossoms.

Would suggest you call the USCIS and ask for clarification: 800-375-5283, at the voice prompts push, 1, 3, 4, & 9 to get to the correct department.

Over 200 of our clients called the USCIS and spoken to agents (it can be a long hold on the phone – hour or more) and all but two have reported that they were told Cherry Blossoms is not a Marriage Broker. You may want to call to confirm.

Aloha

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

FYI

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

My wife and I both read your post and we are both outraged by your negativity!!!!

How can you sleep at night, giving negativity feedback to an innocent Filipina who is in the same shoes you were once in?

Don't get me wrong....I love the Philippines. It's culture, the people, its traditions...everything about it is wonderful. What I don't like is when I read on these posts and I see people who have migrated to the US already have become total snobs! Remember, there was a time when you were a Filipina, looking to spend the rest of your life with your loved one, and I am sure you had questions and concerns as well.

All I am saying is that there are a handful of people who have migrated to the US already and think they are "high and mighty" because of the simple fact that they are here. I'm sorry to inform you, but you are totally wrong!

If you are so "tired of this thread", the solution is quite simple: Turn off your computer and keep your opinions to yourself. You know, as well as everyone on here, that so many people who are seperated from their families are stressed and are looking for resolve. How are people supposed to come on these sites for support when people like you need to spread negativity??

I think you owe that girl, as well as everyone an apology for your ignorance and selfishness.

First time chatting on yahoo messenger: Jan 6, 2007
Met in person in Manila: May 12, 2007
Returned to Manila: Sep 25, 2007
Will you marry me?: Sep 26, 2007
Wedding: Jan 5, 2008
Mailed I-130 Petition application: Aug 11, 2008
NOA1 for I-130: Aug 15, 2008
Touched (I-130): Aug 21, 2008
Mailed I-129F (K-3) application: Aug 22, 2008
NOA1 for I-129F (K-3): Aug 27, 2008
Touched (K-3): Sep 1, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 8, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 9, 2008
Approved (K-3 and I-130): Feb 11, 2009
Interview: 6/3/2009- Approved!
POE: 8/25/2009!

AOS
Sent: 3/3/2011
NOA1: 3/11/2011
Biometrics: 4/5/2011 - everything went fine!
RFE: 4/11/2011
RFE response received by USCIS: 4/28/2011

N-400

Filed: 7/17/2014

Text receipt: 7/23/2014

FYI

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

Well, the issue has not been resolved, because so many people still say that FH, CB are marriage brokers under the loosely defined IMBRA law. Sorry my friend, but you do not have the final say on this. We must wait for further interpretation of the law from USCIS. Most people check the YES box on the 129F if they used FH, CB or other online dating service. Peace.

Once again, they are not Marriage Brokers, and if some people are checking yes box, then it there problem for filling out the form incorrectly......

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

FYI

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

My wife and I both read your post and we are both outraged by your negativity!!!!

How can you sleep at night, giving negativity feedback to an innocent Filipina who is in the same shoes you were once in?

Don't get me wrong....I love the Philippines. It's culture, the people, its traditions...everything about it is wonderful. What I don't like is when I read on these posts and I see people who have migrated to the US already have become total snobs! Remember, there was a time when you were a Filipina, looking to spend the rest of your life with your loved one, and I am sure you had questions and concerns as well.

All I am saying is that there are a handful of people who have migrated to the US already and think they are "high and mighty" because of the simple fact that they are here. I'm sorry to inform you, but you are totally wrong!

If you are so "tired of this thread", the solution is quite simple: Turn off your computer and keep your opinions to yourself. You know, as well as everyone on here, that so many people who are seperated from their families are stressed and are looking for resolve. How are people supposed to come on these sites for support when people like you need to spread negativity??

I think you owe that girl, as well as everyone an apology for your ignorance and selfishness.

I was a innocent Filipina?

I have become a snob, because I was once a Filipina looking to spend to spend time with the one I love?

I am "High and Mighty" cuz I migrated to USA?

FYI (For Your Information), You are so far off base it's not even funny

Actully it's kinda of funny that you don't know whom you are talking too

Even if FilipinaHeart.com etc. were marriage brokers, that alone would not be a reason to deny a visa. There has been no evidence that it matters if you answer that quetion yes or no.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

FYI

saicyashleygrill003.jpg

I was a innocent Filipina?

I have become a snob, because I was once a Filipina looking to spend to spend time with the one I love?

I am "High and Mighty" cuz I migrated to USA?

FYI (For Your Information), You are so far off base it's not even funny

Actully it's kinda of funny that you don't know whom you are talking too

Look, I really don't care who you are and how "off base" you think I am. I was simply defending all the people on this web site who get negative minded answers to what may be the most important questions they will ever ask.

It's no secret this visajourney to reunite with our family members is not an easy one. We've all endured the stress and mental anguish through this process and we have all raised concerns on many topics. There is nothing wrong with some of us wanting a little extra re-assurance before heading into the interview. Didn't it ever occur to you that maybe this is the first time this particular individual has asked this question? Remember, new members join visa journey everyday and are not aware of all the previous posts placed on the threads here. Even if this person asked this question 100 times, isn't that one of the purposes of this website?? As I stated earlier, negativity has no place in regards to sensative issues such as this one. It's a very simple solution: don't read it if you don't like what you are reading. Keep negative responses inside, especially if the person asking the questions is innocent and not trying to stir up trouble.

As far as snobs migrating here to the US, there are some out there. It's no secret. I have witnessed it on this website and I have witnessed it in real life by people who were supposedly "true" friends to my wife. Unfortunately, there are a "HANDFUL" of people from all genders, races, denominations, etc...that come here and act as if they are better than where they originally came from. It is sad because most of the people on here are great people who just want to be with their families, regardless if its in the US or any other place. It saddens me to see people act like snobs and think they are better than others, based on the superficial fact that they are no longer living a hard life, regardless of where they came from. Those are the ones who need to wake up and appreciate what they have, instead of being ignorant or selfish.

As far as "who I'm talking to", it really doesn't matter. I don't care if you are red, white, orange or purple....male or female....Filipino, Turkish or Martian...the fact is that there is no room for negative feedback in here, and I am speaking on behalf of all the good people here who are tired of being stepped on because someone else is no longer waiting for their loved one's petition or visa to be granted and feels they can say what they want to say, regardless of how the other person feels afterward. As a "person", you ought to be a shamed of yourself for spreading negativity here and as far as I'm concerned, I come to these threads for support, not nonsense. Thank you to all who have been gracious enough to assist my wife and myself through this difficult process, and to all of you who have taken the time to read my posts... I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a happy life with all of your families. May God Bless all of you :)

First time chatting on yahoo messenger: Jan 6, 2007
Met in person in Manila: May 12, 2007
Returned to Manila: Sep 25, 2007
Will you marry me?: Sep 26, 2007
Wedding: Jan 5, 2008
Mailed I-130 Petition application: Aug 11, 2008
NOA1 for I-130: Aug 15, 2008
Touched (I-130): Aug 21, 2008
Mailed I-129F (K-3) application: Aug 22, 2008
NOA1 for I-129F (K-3): Aug 27, 2008
Touched (K-3): Sep 1, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 8, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 9, 2008
Approved (K-3 and I-130): Feb 11, 2009
Interview: 6/3/2009- Approved!
POE: 8/25/2009!

AOS
Sent: 3/3/2011
NOA1: 3/11/2011
Biometrics: 4/5/2011 - everything went fine!
RFE: 4/11/2011
RFE response received by USCIS: 4/28/2011

N-400

Filed: 7/17/2014

Text receipt: 7/23/2014

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Jamster, I do agree with the spirit of what you're pointing out.

I don't want to seem as though I'm defending TallCoolOne..but...

That's him in the picture, the American husband posting. {Rarely have I seen his lovely Mrs. posting under his board name.} He's a bit of a curmudgeon, IMHO, but you shouldn't let it rile you.

Moving on w/life

• 6 years later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this is an old post but its still comes up when someone does a search. I can definitively put this topic to rest regardless what USCIS or the IMBRA Act states. Here is my post and everything you need to know about Cherry Blossoms is there. It IS NOT a marriage broker site.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/581946-is-cherry-blossoms-an-international-marriage-broker-question-finally-answered/

And if it were me, I wouldn't look in a post that is over 6 years old. The information is STALE.

Your best to serve others here with a new post with your subject. Thanks for giving back with your experience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.