xuemei

Tottally frustrated

9 posts in this topic

I'm still stuck in background checks for almost a year for my I-130 petitions for my wife and step-son.

It doesn't look like a end is in near sight, very frustrating. I 'm seriously considering/preparing a lawsuit against the

USCIS and those involved.

I had a thought at this late hour and I would like some information.... Can I file a K3 for my wife and son now?

Would I still be subjected to the same namechecks that I'm stuck in. On the USCIS site, it showed that the cost to file a I-129f inconjunction with a already filed I-130, is NO CHARGE. that was surprising.

Please give me your comments. I very disappointed in the huge wait times.

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I'm still stuck in background checks for almost a year for my I-130 petitions for my wife and step-son.

It doesn't look like a end is in near sight, very frustrating. I 'm seriously considering/preparing a lawsuit against the

I had a thought at this late hour and I would like some information.... Can I file a K3 for my wife and son now?

Would I still be subjected to the same namechecks that I'm stuck in. On the USCIS site, it showed that the cost to file a I-129f inconjunction with a already filed I-130, is NO CHARGE. that was surprising.

As long as your I-130 has not been approved, yes you can file an I-129F directly with the same service center and for no filing fee. It is impossible to know what will happen regarding any background checks whether for you or your family. If they join the two petitions like they are supposed to but seldom do when filed far apart, then one will not be approved before the other and you can kiss the IR1 goodbye. Their policy is to approve both petitions together and hold the I-130.

IMO, you have a slim chance of improving the timeline to be united in the US and a pretty big risk of getting stuck on the K3 path. Gotta be your own judgment call.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

As long as your I-130 has not been approved, yes you can file an I-129F directly with the same service center and for no filing fee. It is impossible to know what will happen regarding any background checks whether for you or your family. If they join the two petitions like they are supposed to but seldom do when filed far apart, then one will not be approved before the other and you can kiss the IR1 goodbye. Their policy is to approve both petitions together and hold the I-130.

IMO, you have a slim chance of improving the timeline to be united in the US and a pretty big risk of getting stuck on the K3 path. Gotta be your own judgment call.

Thanks for your reply

Edited by xuemei

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

This is shocking...

Do you mean to say that your case has been in security checks at the USCIS level??? That your papers have not even moved to the National Visa Center?

I would contact the USCIS Ombudsman and file a complaint.

Contact your Senators and complain to make inquiries on your behalf

and finally prepare to get an immigration lawyer to file a Writ of Mandamus.

This is shocking...

Do you mean to say that your case has been in security checks at the USCIS level??? That your papers have not even moved to the National Visa Center?

I would contact the USCIS Ombudsman and file a complaint.

Contact your Senators and complain to make inquiries on your behalf

and finally prepare to get an immigration lawyer to file a Writ of Mandamus.

Contact Senator or Congress person immediately and get case worker - this is nutz

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Yes, Frustrated,Betrayed,Taken Advantage Of. This sort of thing needs to stop!! There needs to be recourse for these situations. IMO,a government job should be taken away from whoever is responsible. I wonder if it were a BUSCH OR CHENEY how long would it take?? JOHN&JEAN

Yes, Frustrated,Betrayed,Taken Advantage Of. This sort of thing needs to stop!! There needs to be recourse for these situations. IMO,a government job should be taken away from whoever is responsible. I wonder if it were a BUSCH OR CHENEY how long would it take?? JOHN&JEAN

Yeah our someone in the upper eschleon of the rankings

cheers and Im kicking some ####### tomorrow night for these people

xxxx

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

This scenario is frightening. What triggers this type of background check? I would hate to find myself in this situation. I wish you all the luck and pray that your case moves forward.

plane2u.gif

philflag.gifF1NMm8.pngusflag.gif

Married : 2007-10-20

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-14

I-130 Approved : 2008-05-14

NVC Received : 2008-05-20

DS-3032 sent AOS Bill Generated : 2008-05-26

Eva emailed DS-3032 : 2008-05-30

Called NVC and got IIN number : 2008-05-30

PAID AOS Fee Online and IN PROCESS : 2008-06-02

AOS Status changed to PAID online, and updated at the NVC : 2008-06-04

AOS packet with barcode cover letter MAILED via Priority Mail : 2008-06-05

DS-3032 email accepted : 2008-06-10

NVC received AOS : 2008-06-11

IV Bill Invoiced and paid online and IN PROCESS : 2008-06-14

IV Bill status = PAID, Barcode printed : 2008-06-17

AOS packet officially "received" : 2008-06-16

DS-230 Packet express mailed to NVC : 2008-07-02

DS-230 arrived at the NVC 11:02 am : 2008-07-03

DS-230 entered into NVC system! : 2008-07-03

CASE COMPLETE : 2008-07-11

CASE LEFT NVC : 2008-08-05

Interview letter (my copy) received. : 2008-08-08

Interview letter (her copy) received. : 2008-08-27

Delbros Paid : 2008-08-11

Medical APPROVED : 2008-08-26

and 27

Interview scheduled APPROVED : 2008-09-17

Visa RECEIVED : 2008-09-20

POE : 2008-10-17

I-130 was approved in 109 days - NVC process completed in 42 days - I-130 filing date to interview in 235 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.