sheena29008

parent went back to home country green card pending

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI TO all Vjers,

my parent came to the US about 2 months ago.There is some emergencies that she needs to go back to our home country even without getting the green card yet...she came to the US as immigrant.IR-1... we thought that the green card will be sent to her address in the US in less than 30 days from her arrival. but we are wrong. its been past 30 days..No green card still.the thing is SHe wants to go back to the US...but she cant go back unless she has the green card right? by the way we inquire bout her case and it says in the recording that its still pending...

THe stamp in her passport ..says..visa will expire on march...can she go back to the US..just with that? and no green card?

when they say its pending how long usually it will take them to process the case.

She is only allowed to stay outside the US for six months right?longer than that..she might not be accepted even if she has green card?

please enlighten me..she really worries alot about her case.and so are we.

thank you for the time

I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say. I'm sure somebody here with the knowledge can help you. Good luck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

If she came to the US on an IR5 visa then she should have a I-551 stamp (temp Greencard) in her passport.... it will have a valid to date on it... she will be able to enter the US using just her passport with the stamp right up to the day it expires.... although she may want to return before then... you do not say what date it said in her passport for the expiry....

Sorry there is a family emergancey that she has had to deal with...

Kez

Edited by Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say. I'm sure somebody here with the knowledge can help you. Good luck!

--Mae

If you don't know what to say, why post????? :wacko: Yeah I know people pride themselves in the # of posts they can contribute, but how about "quality posts"??? "Congratulations" and all that I get....the "I don't know what to say post" I don't.

Edited by elguevon

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

If she came to the US on an IR5 visa then she should have a I-551 stamp (temp Greencard) in her passport.... it will have a valid to date on it... she will be able to enter the US using just her passport with the stamp right up to the day it expires.... although she may want to return before then... you do not say what date it said in her passport for the expiry....

Sorry there is a family emergancey that she has had to deal with...

Kez

HI kezz..

thank you ..THank GOd that emergeny has already been taken cared of....oops i wrote IR-1..as supposed to IR -5..Yes she went to the US on IR-5 visa.and yes she has the stamp on her passport, in which has the expiration on march 5th 2008 ...really? she can go back to the US even without the green card , as long as will she fly before the expiration of the temp GC ..ITs great to know that...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

--Mae

If you don't know what to say, why post????? :wacko: Yeah I know people pride themselves in the # of posts they can contribute, but how about "quality posts"??? "Congratulations" and all that I get....the "I don't know what to say post" I don't.

lol some people get upset when no one answers their post, thinking others are ignoring them, I don't think anyone cares how much they can post in matters of quantity.

Sheena - unfortunately I don't have an answer for you either :( but I hope someone is able to provide you with a helpful answer!

Edited by Melyssa

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

--Mae

lol some people get upset when no one answers their post, thinking others are ignoring them, I don't think anyone cares how much they can post in matters of quantity.

Sheena - unfortunately I don't have an answer for you either :( but I hope someone is able to provide you with a helpful answer!

Not me Melissa.if i get answer ill be happy if not then ill find it myself..... :whistle: .. i think its worse when you write something and you dont know what you are saying.... :blink:

Edited by sheena29008

THank GOd that emergeny has already been taken cared of....oops i wrote IR-1..as supposed to IR -5..Yes she went to the US on IR-5 visa.and yes she has the stamp on her passport, in which has the expiration on march 5th 2008 ...really? she can go back to the US even without the green card , as long as will she fly processes at a US POE before the expiration of the temp GC ..ITs great to know that...

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

--Mae

Not me Melissa.if i get answer ill be happy if not then ill find it myself..... :whistle: .. i think its worse when you write something and you dont know what you are saying.... :blink:

:) True!

Edited by Melyssa

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

THank GOd that emergeny has already been taken cared of....oops i wrote IR-1..as supposed to IR -5..Yes she went to the US on IR-5 visa.and yes she has the stamp on her passport, in which has the expiration on march 5th 2008 ...really? she can go back to the US even without the green card , as long as will she fly processes at a US POE before the expiration of the temp GC ..ITs great to know that...

*by the way..its..AS long as she will...i interchanged will and she

process? .........when i said fly.i meant..she can go back to the US.and that means also.she has to go through POE when she gets there.isnt it a normal procedure? i mean..expected? ....is there something you want to elaborate?

Edited by sheena29008

*by the way..its..AS long as she will...i interchanged will and she

process? .........when i said fly.i meant..she can go back to the US.and that means also.she has to go through POE when she gets there.isnt it a normal procedure? i mean..expected? ....is there something you want to elaborate?

sheena, she will be fine as long as she re-enters the US before March 5th 2008..... also let her know she can go through the USC/Residents line at the POE so that will be a bit quicker for her....

If for any reason she can not return before the I-551 expires she will need to contact the nearest US embassy and speak to them, they can arrange a re-entry stamp if it is needed.... she will not loose her LPR status unless she is outside for more than 12 months or is deemed to have moved permenantly....

Kez

Thanks so much Kezz,

SHe will be so happy to know that...she is just waiting for the green card, becase she thought she has to have it inorder to go back to US.And now she needs not to worry.She can go back anytime soon...maybe next week or month..enough for her to say goodbye one more time to her friends and family..

YOu take care

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.