Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I think they have a Pollo Tropical at the Seminole Mall? We drove by there a few weeks ago and I said to Mike ohhh that is the place that krikit said is good!

We didn't stop to eat of course as it was too hot :lol:

Yes! Well, almost. It's in the same area as the Seminole Town Center.... the next street over in the World Market plaza. It's a nice one. Their Caribbean fajitas are awesome. That's what I'm having. :dance: Actually, that's probably what both of us will have. You get an awful lot and I can't eat all of that. Unless he orders his own stuff, then he can have my leftovers for his lunch tomorrow. lol

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will be having baked tilapia for dinner tonight :)

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
dinner tonight is anybody's guess... I don't feel like making anything.. I just spent the last hour and half or so hobbling around at the laundromat :P

i am leaning towards mac and cheese but not sure what to serve with it.. hubby will want some kind of meat... :unsure: oh, maybe those chicken finger things... yeah that might work :thumbs: oooh, and I just bought some Italian bread crumbs last week, so i don't have to fuss around making my own.. yeah that's it... mac and cheese and chicken fingers... :thumbs:

thanks guys :lol:

You're welcome Marilyn! :lol: What a funny posting. It was almost like you were here! Here, as in in my house.

Quiche was good last night. Sent leftovers with Gene for lunch. No idea what we're having tonight.

:lol: i totally had no idea what I was going to make for dinner when I first started typing that...

we had the mac and cheese and chicken fingers.. and some steamed peas... mmm, it was yummy... I prefer that kind of meal to a 5 star fancy meal :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Last night we had crunchy pea salad, smoked sausage, and garlic cheese sauced pasta shells. Tonight I might get something from Costco to heat up. Maybe pizza? We're going away tomorrow for a few days, so I don't want leftovers in my fridge for all that time, and we'll be eating out on our outting, so don't want to eat out tonight. I dunno, I'll figure something out! :yes:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Last night we had crunchy pea salad, smoked sausage, and garlic cheese sauced pasta shells. Tonight I might get something from Costco to heat up. Maybe pizza? We're going away tomorrow for a few days, so I don't want leftovers in my fridge for all that time, and we'll be eating out on our outting, so don't want to eat out tonight. I dunno, I'll figure something out! :yes:

What puts the crunch in a crunchy pea salad?

I don't actually like peas - well that's not true, I like fresh peas - not canned or frozen or cooked :thumbs:

Pea salad is one of my Moms absolute favorite dishes.

The steak and rice for dinner last night was just awful, took the wrong steak out :hehe:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Heres one Marilyn its got mexican, cheese, and easy as opening cans. Ill have ya all eating mexican yet :thumbs:

Mexi "CAN" casserole

Brown 1 to 2 pounds of ground beef in a deep skillet. Salt and pepper to taste and if you like onion in your receipe add onion at this time also. Drain thoroughly then add:

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

1 can Mild Enchilada Sauce

1 small can chopped green chillies

1 can Milnot

Mix well and bring to a simmer . . . . .

Add:

11/2 pounds of velveeta cubed for easy melting.

Bring back to a simmer . . . .

Prepare a 9 X 13 baking dish by placing broken Dorito=s (or your favorite brand) chips in the bottom of the dish. Pour the above mixture on the broken chips. Top with a nice layer of chips on top and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese on top is melted and all is bubbly.

Note: This can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen. If you are going to do so - wait to put the last layer of chips and cheese on until you have heated the casserole thoroughly in the oven at 350. From the fridge it usually needs to bake about 45 minutes, then add chips and cheese and bake another 15 minutes. Just make sure its heated through out

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline

Okay, what is pea salad? :unsure:

Just as I'd predicted, we ate at Pollo Tropical last night and had the chicken fajitas. Yummy. I'm not too sure what we're having this evening. Something quick and easy because we are heading straight out as soon as my husband gets home. I'm thinking hotdogs and mac and cheese? Or maybe baked ravioli and caesar salad. I dunno.

Heres one Marilyn its got mexican, cheese, and easy as opening cans. Ill have ya all eating mexican yet :thumbs:

I had to google Milnot. Yeah.... don't think I'll be making that. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Milnot is a canned evaporated milk ha awwwww try it u might like it :thumbs: pea salad to us (in Okla) is canned peas, boiled eggs, small chunks of cheese, onions if u perfer blended with mayo, kept cold

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline

here at work the girls make similar to this

PEA SALAD - FIFTIES PEA SALAD

Serves 3 or 4

2 cups of canned peas, drained, or thawed frozen peas

3 to 4 tablespoons finely minced onion

3 or 4 tablespoons mayonnaise

1 to 2 teaspoons sugar

2 tablespoons milk

1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Cheddar* or Cheddar in tiny cubes

Thawed frozen peas will taste better than the canned peas, but then almost anything tastes better than canned peas.

You do not need to cook the frozen peas; they will taste better if you don't. Believe me.

Mix sugar and milk into the mayonnaise.

Stir in the minced onion, thereby permeating the mayonnaise with those delicious onion juices.

Mix the mayonnaise with the peas, stir in the cheese, and serve.

* Maxine no doubt used Velveeta, the Official Cheese of the fifties.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline
yeah canned peas are the worst.. not sure why they continue to make them :P

to me about like the creamed corn you loved :lol: you know i show the girls at work here some of your things you all eat and have to say sometimes they say whatttttttttttt but i remind them fr a different region ha

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

how can you not like creamed corn? :P lol.. mmmmmm yum...

I don't really eat it a lot... when I do buy it usually use it to make corn chowder... but I sometimes grab a spoonful of it before I put it in the chowder :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.