belinda63

never never land

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Called DOS Friday, as usual, and was told, after asking some questions that per their computer all the checks had been completed and I need to contact the consulate

I emailed them and they replied today with..

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please be advised that multiple agencies are involved in this process and the details about the process can not be released to public. Once the process is done we will post the number on the website.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Does this mean there are more checks outside the Department of State routine that they are doing? or could this just be another canned message?

OMG who else could they be checking with, it has been almost a year?

Anyone have any ideas?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Called DOS Friday, as usual, and was told, after asking some questions that per their computer all the checks had been completed and I need to contact the consulate

I emailed them and they replied today with..

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please be advised that multiple agencies are involved in this process and the details about the process can not be released to public. Once the process is done we will post the number on the website.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Does this mean there are more checks outside the Department of State routine that they are doing? or could this just be another canned message?

OMG who else could they be checking with, it has been almost a year?

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know but just curious...what number are they talking about that they're going to post on the website?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Belinda,

I was thinking about you and the never ending round of name checks when I heard some info from the State Dept info line yesterday. (it wasn't the good news we have been waiting for)

The rep shared with me why name checks could be complete last week and next week they might reopen. He says that the name checks are completed by the various agencies and that info is submitted back to the consulate. However, immediately before the visa is issued, the consulate runs the name one more time and if there are new (since the agencies had cleared the name) "hits", those must be cleared before visa issuance. Those "hits" can come from anywhere in the world and this revolving clearance can especially be a problem with common names.

Keep your sanity!

When security checks are completed that doesn't mean they are ready to issue to the visa. A DOS agent explained it to me when i was in AP. She said the embassy will send a request for a security check and whichever agency they forward it will respond back to them with an answer which may or may not be sufficient enough for the embassy to issue the visa. We completed security checks 3 times during AP. After the last round was completed the embassy issued his visa about a month later.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.