ScottnCati

I-134 Notary

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All

I have 1 question about the I-134 Affidavit of support...

I went to have this notarized, and the notary wanted to give me a separate page stating it was a true signature.

My question is, is a separte page valid for this, or does the actual form need to have the stamp?

thanks

Scott

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi All

I went to have this notarized, and the notary wanted to give me a separate page stating it was a true signature.

My question is, is a separte page valid for this, or does the actual form need to have the stamp?

thanks

Scott

It's possible either will work but I'd get the actual form signed and stamped. Was this suggested because you already signed before arriving at the Notary?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi All

thanks

Scott

It's possible either will work but I'd get the actual form signed and stamped. Was this suggested because you already signed before arriving at the Notary?

Thanks for the fast reply...

No, I signed in front of her....but she says there is no place to place the stamp....

Timeline
Hi All

thanks

Scott

My Notary put his stamp to the right of his signature, partially covering the date his commission expires.

No, I signed in front of her....but she says there is no place to place the stamp....

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi All

thanks

Scott

My Notary put his stamp to the right of his signature, partially covering the date his commission expires.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Hi All

thanks

Scott

Thanks Pushbrk !!!

as always, your answers are well appreciated !!

Edited by ScottnCati

Timeline

My notary also stamped the I-134.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Yep, mine put the stamp in the bottom margin. Some notaries have bigger stamps though. Last time I got a gun permit notarized once and it was a 3"-diameter circle that needed to get stamped on! She just stamped over other text that was already there

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Hi All

thanks

Scott

Scott:

Let me know if you are able to get the stamp on the actural signature page. Like you, I received a separate page. I asked the notary about this and she said that this is how notary publics in the state of California notarize documents.

Are there any other Californians out there who had any problems giving the consulate the I-134's notarized with a separate page and stamp stapled to the signature page?

Thank you.

Our Story so far...

K-1

7/26/07- I-129F sent to CSC

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/12/08- Interview in Rio- APPROVED!

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

3/04/08- AOS, EAD and AP mailed

4/07/08- RFE

4/11/08- AOS, EAD and AP re-mailed

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

11/07/08- Greencard Approved!

11/22/08- Greencard Received

Gabriel was born on January 12, 2010!

Hi All

thanks

Scott

Scott:

Let me know if you are able to get the stamp on the actural signature page. Like you, I received a separate page. I asked the notary about this and she said that this is how notary publics in the state of California notarize documents.

Are there any other Californians out there who had any problems giving the consulate the I-134's notarized with a separate page and stamp stapled to the signature page?

Thank you.

Hello there,

I am a Notary Public for the State of California, and we get penalized (fined) if we sign a document that DOES NOT have the correct notarial wording for the state of California. That is the main reason why we need to attach an additional form, which is called a JURAT certificate. If the form contained the correct wording, then there would be no problem attaching the seal to the form. I personally would not put my seal on the I-134.

This is the exact wording that should appear:

State of California

County of _______________

Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me on this _____ day of _____________________, 20_____, by __________________________, proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) who appeared before me.

(seal)

Signature______________________

YOU MAY VIEN THE LINK AT State of CALIFORNIA, SECRETARY OF STATE WEB SITE

There may be notaries out there who are unaware of this and may sign the form. Good luck.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Hi All

thanks

Scott

Scott:

Thank you.

Hello there,

I am a Notary Public for the State of California, and we get penalized (fined) if we sign a document that DOES NOT have the correct notarial wording for the state of California. That is the main reason why we need to attach an additional form, which is called a JURAT certificate. If the form contained the correct wording, then there would be no problem attaching the seal to the form. I personally would not put my seal on the I-134.

State of California

Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me on this _____ day of _____________________, 20_____, by __________________________, proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) who appeared before me.

(seal)

There may be notaries out there who are unaware of this and may sign the form. Good luck.

Thank you, YGandMat, for your response! It is very detailed and explained well. I understand what you are saying, but I am still a little concerned since there will not be a stamp on the I-134.

Will the US consulates accept this attachment to the I-134 without any question since the notary stamp will not physically be on the page 2 of the I-134?

Thanks again...

Edited by Dias Melhores

Our Story so far...

K-1

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

4/07/08- RFE

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

Hi All

thanks

Scott

Scott:

Thank you.

Hello there,

State of California

(seal)

Thank you, YGandMat, for your response! It is very detailed and explained well. I understand what you are saying, but I am still a little concerned since there will not be a stamp on the I-134.

Will the US consulates accept this attachment to the I-134 without any question since the notary stamp will not physically be on the page 2 of the I-134?

Thanks again...

US Consulates SHOULD accept it, but I did read about one case here at VJ where one embassy did not accept the I-134 because it didn't have the seal on the actual form.

If you end up with the Jurat Certificate (which will include the ink seal) attached to your I-134, have the Notary EMBOSS (This is another seal we use) both the JURAT and I-134. At least this way the I-134 will have an embossment seal.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Hi All

thanks

Scott

Scott:

Thank you.

Hello there,

State of California

(seal)

Thanks again...

US Consulates SHOULD accept it, but I did read about one case here at VJ where one embassy did not accept the I-134 because it didn't have the seal on the actual form.

If you end up with the Jurat Certificate (which will include the ink seal) attached to your I-134, have the Notary EMBOSS (This is another seal we use) both the JURAT and I-134. At least this way the I-134 will have an embossment seal.

Excellent response. Thank you!!!

Our Story so far...

K-1

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

4/07/08- RFE

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

I have an update. I went to a FedEx Kinkos today. I asked the notary if he would stamp and emboss the signature page. He told me that as long as the notarized document was not being used in the State of California that he could do this. So, I went ahead and notarized two copies with his stamp and embossment directly on the signature page!

Our Story so far...

K-1

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

4/07/08- RFE

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.