Firstenburg

Some inside info on app processing at CSC

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My least favorite part of this process is the COMPLETE LACK OF INFORMATION from USCIS. So in the spirit of transparency and sharing what I learn so it (hopefully) benefits you all, I'm sharing what I just learned from someone inside the CSC about the processing of applications. I figure every little bit we learn is going to be useful to all of us, and I encourage anyone who learns steps in the process to post that information here.

I used the 'RFE trick' and talked to an actual human being inside the CSC about my app. I posted in July 2007 and have not received a single RFE or touch since then. Here's what I learned about the processs: I was told that my application just moved from the filing room to the filing shelf, and was earmarked for distribution to a processing officer. I was told that apps on the shelf move quickly to an officer, but when asked what "quickly" means, I was told only that I should expect some kind of response "within 30 days".... Until this call, I never knew there was a filing room, or a filing shelf, or anything about distribution. So this may already be common knowledge, but I didn't know any of it and wanted to share.

Also of interest, I was told that my I-130 has been coupled with my I-129F (K3) application so they could be processed together. Mine were filed pretty far apart, so for anyone in my same situation, take hope.

View our personal blog

Our timeline:

2007-06-25 Married in Brazil

I-130

2007-07-16 Filed I-130 with Nebraska

2007-07-27 NOA1 received

2007-07-28 Touched; no idea why..

2008-01-29 thru 02-01,03 Touched

2008-02-05 Called RFE line, was told my app is on HOLD because I CALLED TOO MUCH!!!!

2008-02-13 my app was assigned to an adjudicator

2008-02-19,20,25,26 Touched

2008-03-04 Congressman called; USCIS called him and told him my cases were being processed any day now... SERÁ??

2008-03-04,05,10,11,12,13,14,17,18 Touched

2008-03-28 Received RFE, dated the 18th (delayed 10 days to receive)

2008-04-08 Sent requested evidence

2008-04-11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

I-129

2007-09-19 Filed I-129F/K3; sent directly to CSC

2007-09-21 NOA1 received

2007-09-25 Touched: Filing fee waived

2008-01-30 thru 02-01,03,04,05,10,11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You might find this posting interesting (can be found in the Guides section of VJ)

Question and Answer Session with a former USCIS Adjudicator

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
You might find this posting interesting (can be found in the Guides section of VJ)

Question and Answer Session with a former USCIS Adjudicator

very helpful... thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.