Sinergy

Heath Ledger dead :(

276 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Alprazolam is the generic name for Xanax, a very powerful anti-anxiety drug. I was on it a few years ago, and 0.25mg put me to sleep for 12 hours. Mixing it with anything else, especially any other pain-killers, depressants or anti-anxiety drugs, is very dangerous. He had to know that.

I'm willing to bet these drugs weren't acquired through ethical means. Most of the ones listed are drugs of abuse, most notably alprazolam, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. Oxycodone is just legal heroin as far as I'm concerned.

In the very least he would have had to get them from more than one doctor. No sane MD would prescribe such a lethal mixture.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alprazolam is the generic name for Xanax, a very powerful anti-anxiety drug. I was on it a few years ago, and 0.25mg put me to sleep for 12 hours. Mixing it with anything else, especially any other pain-killers, depressants or anti-anxiety drugs, is very dangerous. He had to know that.

I'm willing to bet these drugs weren't acquired through ethical means. Most of the ones listed are drugs of abuse, most notably alprazolam, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. Oxycodone is just legal heroin as far as I'm concerned.

Hey now, no need to 'dis the good painkillers.

I took oxycodone last year after having leg surgery. It was great. Unfortunately, it was also extremely constipating, but that's a story for another day...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I took oxycodone last year after having leg surgery. It was great. Unfortunately, it was also extremely constipating, but that's a story for another day...

Hell, heroin's a great painkiller. The problem with both is that they are extremely addictive (physically and mentally) opiates.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In the very least he would have had to get them from more than one doctor. No sane MD would prescribe such a lethal mixture.

i wonder if he'll get a darwin award outta this. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hell, heroin's a great painkiller. The problem with both is that they are extremely addictive (physically and mentally) opiates.

Most people are able to take them for relatively short periods, with no addiction or after-effects. Alprazolam, hydrocodone, and oxycodone are very commonly prescribed and not difficult to get.

Unfortunately, there's no perfect drug to kill pain. They all have side effects of one kind or another.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most people are able to take them for relatively short periods, with no addiction or after-effects. Alprazolam, hydrocodone, and oxycodone are very commonly prescribed and not difficult to get.

Unfortunately, there's no perfect drug to kill pain. They all have side effects of one kind or another.

Ya, side effects, like if you mix up a nice combo you just stop breathing.

Timeline

"According to Monitoring the Future (MTF), rates of nonmedical use of prescription painkillers are relatively high among teenagers and include a significant increase in the abuse of OxyContin® among twelfth graders (see Appendix B of the 2006 National Drug Threat Assessment, Table 1 and Table 2).(10)

The 2005 MTF shows annual use of OxyContin® by 12th graders has risen from 4.0 percent in 2002 to 5.5 percent in 2005. OxyContin® use has remained more stable in the lower grades since 2002, with 1.8 percent of 8th-graders and 3.2 percent of 10th-graders reporting annual use in 2005.(11)"

From the DEA: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/concern/oxycontin.html

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

"According to Monitoring the Future (MTF), rates of nonmedical use of prescription painkillers are relatively high among teenagers and include a significant increase in the abuse of OxyContin® among twelfth graders (see Appendix B of the 2006 National Drug Threat Assessment, Table 1 and Table 2).(10)

The 2005 MTF shows annual use of OxyContin® by 12th graders has risen from 4.0 percent in 2002 to 5.5 percent in 2005. OxyContin® use has remained more stable in the lower grades since 2002, with 1.8 percent of 8th-graders and 3.2 percent of 10th-graders reporting annual use in 2005.(11)"

From the DEA: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/concern/oxycontin.html

Abuse of prescription painkillers isn't a recent phenomenon. Some people certainly do become addicted, often following long-term use for a medical problem, but most don't (teenagers experimenting with painkillers recreationally is another topic altogether). You read about the people breaking into pharmacies to get Oxycontin, not the gal who, say, had surgery and took oxycodone on and off for a couple of weeks.

Are you suggesting that the use of opiate painkillers be discontinued? Maybe some whiskey to take the edge off that broken leg pain would be less problematic?

K-1

AOS

Filed: Timeline

Who's to say he got them all at once? Or from one doctor?

Open your eyes, there are plenty of prescription mad, pill pushing docs out there. All the moreso if you have $ and are famous.

Timeline
Abuse of prescription painkillers isn't a recent phenomenon. Some people certainly do become addicted, often following long-term use for a medical problem, but most don't (teenagers experimenting with painkillers recreationally is another topic altogether). You read about the people breaking into pharmacies to get Oxycontin, not the gal who, say, had surgery and took oxycodone on and off for a couple of weeks.

Are you suggesting that the use of opiate painkillers be discontinued? Maybe some whiskey to take the edge off that broken leg pain would be less problematic?

I'm not suggesting that at all. I just feel like this whole "prescription drug" thing makes it sound like they are less addictive and dangerous than "illicit drugs." The guy had a cocktail of extremely dangerous drugs in his system that he probably acquired very easily from doctors.

The doctors are paid by the pharmaceutical companies to prescribe as much of this stuff as possible. This is the single most dangerous misuse of healthcare I see in our society.

Timeline

Open your eyes, there are plenty of prescription mad, pill pushing docs out there. All the moreso if you have $ and are famous.

Now you're being argumentative for no clear reason.

Filed: Timeline

it's called reality. :wacko:

Which is unbelievable?

Rich & famous can't get whatever they want? Or that some docs are pill pushers?

Edited by devilette

It's part of the Devilette Mystique.

K-1

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's part of the Devilette Mystique.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!