sharif

I-130 Approved what is next

9 posts in this topic

Hi All..

I need to know what come next after the I-130 got approved. I want to prefill some of the papers and ask my wife so send me any documents needed so I won't waste time waiting.

thanks

Hi sharif...click on the Guides link at the top of the page...there is all the needed info there... IR1/CR1 visa (Immigrant Visa - sometimes takes longer but she is able to work) or K3 Visa (Non-Immigrant Visa - apply for work authorization after moving to the US, work auth takes 2-3 months), you need to decide which route you're going...the flowcharts are great! Jim & I printed them off & have them hanging on our walls so we know what's coming next...good luck!!

jen :D

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sharif when i saw that i got so excited i started a new post lol :):whistle::thumbs::thumbs:

congrads :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

this is james shortcut ..... follow this ... this is a little old ... use at your discretion ... you might want to ask around about people using it .. i know jigy has used it before

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91092

hope it helps

thanks hheaven6

the posting didn't say if 230 comes before or after the DS-3032.

You're very welcome! If you click on the Guides again, go to the NVC Flowchart, that's where you'll find that out...

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

On the vj wiki now there is a nvc page:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...nal_Visa_Center

At the bottom I added a link to Jame's shortcuts.

I tried to consolidate all the forum information about NVC shortcuts.

You don't have to use the shortcuts, but it also lists what documents you should prepare ahead of time, and gives you links for those documents.

Best wishes for a fast reunion with your spouse

Hi All..

I need to know what come next after the I-130 got approved. I want to prefill some of the papers and ask my wife so send me any documents needed so I won't waste time waiting.

thanks

What have you been doing since Aug 14? Isn't there a little link above called "Guides"? Forgive me, I'm not picking on you...nor do I lack patience...I'm hoping to use you as an example to other people new to the process in order to show them that waiting for NOA2 is a wonderful time to prepare....I'd say you already wasted time. IMO, you should have your DS-3230 (whether your emailing or not), I-864, and your DS-230 completed with ALL of your supporting documents ready to send. Again, just my opinion....now, on to your answer.

What's next?...USCIS should send you NVC's contact number in your NOA2...according to the guides. You can use that number and call to find out if NVC has received your case or if they have assigned their case number to your petition. You should be able to enter your USCIS receipting number to find out. At this point, when NVC receives your package from USCIS, you have access to NVC's automated message system that updates with each NVC phase...as wonderfully outlined here...... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91567 ...by the way, that link leads you to a pinned thread in the NVC forum.

As the NVC flowchart in the "Guides" section of the website, you will begin two different tracks beginning with NVC sending out the DS-3032 and the AOS (affidavit of support bill)...the DS-3032 is sent to the beneficiary while a copy of the DS-3032 and the AOS bill is sent to the U.S. Citizen. Note, it has been said and proved...according to the people who have done so and posted in the nvc forum...that you can email your DS-3032. I'll refer you to the NVC forum since that does not seem to be on any of the "offical" guides.

After NVC receives these back, and depending on who is the choice of agent indicated on the DS-3032, the U.S. citizen will receive the I-846 to complete and send back and the choice of agent (most commonly the u.s. citizen) will receive the IV bill or the Immigrant Visa bill. You must pay this and then when NVC receives the payment, they will send out the DS-230 which is the Immigrant Visa application that the alien spouse is suppose to complete. (I"m not actually sure where they send the DS-230...whether to the U.S. citizen (as choice of agent) or to the alien spouse him/herself...anybody know?)

At that point, apparently you send in your supporting documents that are required by NVC with the DS-230...these are the bene's birth certificate, marriage certificate, copy of passport, police clearances, etc. These documents will be transferred to the embassy where your spouse will have an interview. This is where my research has stopped...i'll continue to study to learn how you find out about your appointment dates, medical, etc....until...read.

James

Congratz!!!

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.