4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My son and I are also having our AOS interview tomorrow morning. As per the supporting documents to prove a bona fide marriage, we are bringing the following. Will they be enough evidence to satisfy the IO?

• Photos (about a hundred pics taken over a period of 9 years)

• Bank statement of savings account – we have only one statement because the account had only been opened very recently

• Husband’s Health Insurance with my son and I as my husband’s beneficiaries

• Photocopy of his credit card and my extension credit card

• Photocopy of my credit card and his extension card

o The credit card statements do not show the names of the extensions, so I didn’t bother to make copies. Is this ok?

• Bank wire and remittance receipts during the time that we were apart

• Emails, phone logs, cards

• 2006 Tax return – filed jointly

• Cards and letters from friends and family addressed to both of us

• Tax refund check with both our names

I acquired a life insurance policy when I was still single but have completely forgotten to add my husband in the list of beneficiaries when we got married (I even forgot to change my name). Our son is a beneficiary with my husband (his father) as the trustee. I am in the process of adding my hubby as a beneficiary. I wonder though if i should still show the policy as it might raise questions as to why I hadn’t done the changes sooner.

My name isn’t included in the apartment lease and utility bills because we are planning to move sometime soon and also, I just got my SSN.

I also don’t have exact copies of the application forms we sent because my hubby shredded them by mistake!!! So I filled out the forms again for our copy…sigh! (I sure hope this won’t cause problems). :(

Any comments will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

Sahara

EAD

Date Filed : June 17, 2007

NOA Date : June 27, 2007

Bio. Appt. : July 21, 2007

Transfer to CSC Notice: July 28, 2007

Touched: July 31, Aug. 20, Aug. 21

Infopass: Oct. 12, 2007 - IO faxed CSC to inform that I am outside processing timeframe; still no word as of 10/17!!!

Oct. 31, 2007 - Received letter from my representative stating my application is still under review and should allow 30-45 more days for adjudication!!!

Touched: Oct. 31, Nov. 1,9 (These touches better be a sign of something good!)

EAD Card Prod. Ordered: Nov. 19, 2007 (Finally! After 155 days)

EAD Card Mailed: Nov. 21, 2007; Touched on Nov. 22, 23

AOS K3/K4

Date mailed : July 23, 2007

Date rec'd : July 24, 2007

Cheques cashed : Aug. 8, 2007

NOA Date: Aug. 28, 2007

Bio. Appt. : Aug. 30, 2007

Interview: January 22, 2008 (a welcome surprise...case never got an touched/updated on the USCIS website)

Jan. 31 and Feb. 4 - Card Production Ordered email received

Feb. 1 - RFE (huh?!) Infopass at USCIS say they made a mistake!

Feb. 7 - Approval Notice email (got green card after a day or two; green card has wrong middle name!)

April - Filed I-90 for green card error (never got receipt confirmation from USCIS)

June 13 - Got email saying card production ordered (hope this is it!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Bring Coppies of Everything you submitted in your aos package.

Bring all NOA's received.

and the following

• Legal Govt. issued ID & birth certificates for Both people ( DL, Passport, or state issued ID, EAD card if already have it)
  • Receipts as support evidence ( wedding rings, wedding ect..)
  • Joint Insurance, utility forms, phone bills, ( showing co-mingling of finances)
  • Joint accounts refelcting both names residing at same address ( utility bills)
  • Copies of Airline ticket stubs ( showong that you traveled to see benefciary in her country.
    • Letters & Correspondances , Phone Bills .
  • past 3 tax returns or tax transcripts from IRS ( showing steady income)
  • letter from employer ,Most recent paystub or W2( should have submitted with Aos package )
  • Statement of Bank Account
  • Original Marriage Liscense
  • Translation of any foriegn issued documents
  • Pictures are nice but hold very little value in determining Validity of relationship.
Remember bring more thank you think you will need, it is better to have too much than to forget something and be delayed or denied for be under prepared. Edited by Addie_Goodvibes

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good Luck :thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.