4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am expecting the DS 230 FORM from my wife in Nigeria, What other documents does she have to send along with the DS 230 to me. The letter I got from NVC did not state anything. They just directed me to a website and the said they are waiting for the DS 230 Pls advice. Also, how long do we have to waiting for Interview. My I -130 PRIORITY DATE IS JULY 09 2007. Thanks for your help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I am expecting the DS 230 FORM from my wife in Nigeria, What other documents does she have to send along with the DS 230 to me. The letter I got from NVC did not state anything. They just directed me to a website and the said they are waiting for the DS 230 Pls advice. Also, how long do we have to waiting for Interview. My I -130 PRIORITY DATE IS JULY 09 2007. Thanks for your help

Hello and God Bless, the DS 230 is the visa application and your wife needs to fill it out. You can find info on that form from the NVC website or the travelstate gov. and also on the forms sections of this website. If my memory is right I think we mailed marraige license, passport photos, background check (my-husband) we sent the original's I was told by NVC that they needed originals or certified copies I got our marriage license certified and they sent the papers back to me because it has to be certified from the place of origin.. so don't make that mistake.

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The link they sent you to should give you the information, follow this link then choose lagos from the drop down list of consulates/embassies:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html

Once you are taken to the page specific to lagos, you will see this:

Notification from the NVC

After receiving notification from the NVC to begin Applicant Document Processing, all applicants MUST:

Review the Children who are about to turn 21 years of age instructions IF the applicant or a child of the applicant is about to turn 21 years of age,

Complete the Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Forms DS-230 Part I and Part II .

Obtain and submit the applicant's civil documents.

Review the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific information.

Mail the DS-230 and the applicant's civil documents to the NVC.

What happens next?.

Click on the link referring to the civil documents, this will give you a detailed list of everything that is required to send in with the DS-230. If Lagos requires anything else that is specific to that consulate, they would have included an extra information sheet with the DS-230 letter.

I don't know what the currect wait is for an interview at that consulate. Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

• 7 months later...

Hello and God Bless, the DS 230 is the visa application and your wife needs to fill it out. You can find info on that form from the NVC website or the travelstate gov. and also on the forms sections of this website. If my memory is right I think we mailed marraige license, passport photos, background check (my-husband) we sent the original's I was told by NVC that they needed originals or certified copies I got our marriage license certified and they sent the papers back to me because it has to be certified from the place of origin.. so don't make that mistake.

Hi, regarding ds-230 requirements which is the copy of your passport is it okay to send my passport using my maiden name? I was not able to renew yet my passport because Im pregnant and my due will be next month. Hope to hear from you.

Thank you

Honeyleen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.