wawaron

stand alone I-130???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes I-130 requires 2 G-325A forms 1 for petitioner and one for benificiary.

Consider just staying with the I-130, it results in the superior CR-1 immigrant visa, CR-1 generates a green-card upon entry allowing work and other benefits. K-3 cannot work until they have EAD which takes up to 90 days or more to get, K-3 also has to adjust status ($1010)

:guides:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am understanding that we need to file our I-130 to the Chicago address. Does that include the G-325A? Send both of them there?

Thanks

Like many organizations, USCIS uses internal jargon in many of their instructions instead of plain language. By "stand alone" they mean not in tandem with an I-485 to adjust status.

I would also recommend careful consideration before filing an I-129F to go down the K3 route. If you decide to do so, then file both petitions in the same envelope. Make sure each filing is entirely and independantly complete but put them in the same envelope.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I am understanding that we need to file our I-130 to the Chicago address. Does that include the G-325A? Send both of them there?

Thanks

Like many organizations, USCIS uses internal jargon in many of their instructions instead of plain language. By "stand alone" they mean not in tandem with an I-485 to adjust status.

I would also recommend careful consideration before filing an I-129F to go down the K3 route. If you decide to do so, then file both petitions in the same envelope. Make sure each filing is entirely and independantly complete but put them in the same envelope.

Thanks for clearing that up. Why would we file an I-129? Isnt' that a fiance visa form? I'm so confused... maybe we are not ready to send this out afterall. I read on this site until my head spins, but still it is confusing to me. I would hate to think how hard it would be withouth this site! I'd be totally lost!

Thanks for clearing that up. Why would we file an I-129? Isnt' that a fiance visa form? I'm so confused... maybe we are not ready to send this out afterall. I read on this site until my head spins, but still it is confusing to me. I would hate to think how hard it would be withouth this site! I'd be totally lost!

To apply for the CR1/IR1 immigrant visa you file a I-130 with the supporting documents. This link to the guides will help with what supporting documents are needed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

To apply for a K3 non-immigrant vise you file both an I-130 and then an I-129F. The K3 is generally faster for the beneficiary to arrive, but delays at USCIS have made the difference in time closer to two months.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

except by the OPs profile, the foreign half of the equation is in Toronto Canada, which would mean the K3 would be processed in Montreal, which is incredibly slow and the CR1 would be the quickest least expensive route.

IMO, don't bother with the I-129F/K3, just go with the I-130 for CR1.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks

I would tend to agree with you, that you are not ready to file. Your question indicates you've neither read the K3 guide or the instructions that come with the I-129F. This stuff is critical to your future happiness.

Anyway, Reba's right. K3 for Eastern Canada is a poor choice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
except by the OPs profile, the foreign half of the equation is in Toronto Canada, which would mean the K3 would be processed in Montreal, which is incredibly slow and the CR1 would be the quickest least expensive route.

Thanks for the info... looks like the way to go (CR-1).

But, will I still be able to come to the US on a tourist visa waiver during the process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the info... looks like the way to go (CR-1).

But, will I still be able to come to the US on a tourist visa waiver during the process?

Yes, this too is a FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6 (Applies to spousal visas too.)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.