katrina_07

NVC case number, I-134 form and wats I-864 form?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! First of all, it is thru VJ that I have been learning a lot re the process for the K1 visa and now that our NOA-2 has been approved, I would like to post these questions and woule reaaaally appreciate your replies.

1)I read in the VJ website, but not in the forum that NVC sometimes send a letter to the petitioner re the approval of petition indicating case number and that the papers have been sent already to the embassy of the beneficiary. But at times, they dont send lettters as well. As such, do we need to call NVC or just post a question thru their email asking for the case number.

2) Re the Affidavit of support, I-134, can my fiance just download that for free or the NVC will give the form to my fiance and pay a certain processing fee. Im a bit confused coz there is also such a thing called Affidavit of Support called I-864? What is this I-864? Is this for a K1 visa or for something else.

3) Does my fiance need to give me a copy of the biographical info that he has submitted to USCIS when he filed the petition or this is really no longer needed for the embassy interview?

4) Lastly, for the K1 visa, does the law allow the beneficiary to travel another state to visit a relative prior to getting married or they dont allow you to travel lest you are already married with your fiance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

1. In our case the petitioner received NOA 2 and shortly after that a letter from NVC stating that they sent the petition to the US consulate overseas. I believe they always do that. That letter will have your case number on it. The local consulate/embassy will then contact you and mail package 3.

2. For the K1 interview overseas you will need I-134 and supporting documents (I-864 is for the AOS process later on in the US). I-134 has no filing fee. It can be downloaded at uscis.gov - your fiance will have to get it notarized though. I have heard that sometimes the embassy overseas asks for a I-864 as well, if in doubt, wait for package 3, it will contain specific instructions on what documents you will have to obtain and mail in/bring to the interview.

3. I did not need a copy of my fiance's G-325a at the interview. Usually they will have the complete package there, everything that was submitted with I-129F.

4. Of course you can travel. Just make sure you don't miss your interview. Travelling to the US with a pending K1 visa could be difficult. It all depends on the IO, some might not let you in because of the potential danger of commiting visa fraud - you would need to proof that you will def. return to your homecountry and finish the process there.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi! First of all, it is thru VJ that I have been learning a lot re the process for the K1 visa and now that our NOA-2 has been approved, I would like to post these questions and woule reaaaally appreciate your replies.

1)I read in the VJ website, but not in the forum that NVC sometimes send a letter to the petitioner re the approval of petition indicating case number and that the papers have been sent already to the embassy of the beneficiary. But at times, they dont send lettters as well. As such, do we need to call NVC or just post a question thru their email asking for the case number.

you should get a letter from NVC telling you they send the package to the benefitionary embassy with the new case number on it

2) Re the Affidavit of support, I-134, can my fiance just download that for free or the NVC will give the form to my fiance and pay a certain processing fee. Im a bit confused coz there is also such a thing called Affidavit of Support called I-864? What is this I-864? Is this for a K1 visa or for something else.

you only need the I 134 for K1 aplication, the I 864 you will need later once your married and file for adjust the status , can download the I 134 for free here http://www.uscis.gov./portal/site/uscis/me...00045f3d6a1RCRD

3) Does my fiance need to give me a copy of the biographical info that he has submitted to USCIS when he filed the petition or this is really no longer needed for the embassy interview?

depands on the interview but i would have a copy of the full application he submited, when its time for the interview

4) Lastly, for the K1 visa, does the law allow the beneficiary to travel another state to visit a relative prior to getting married or they dont allow you to travel lest you are already married with your fiance.

you can travel before the interview , but once your aproved for K1 visa and you enter the states , you are not allowed to travel until you aplied for AOS and advance parolle document , once you have the advanced parolle you can travel , ( Important if you travel without the AP you are concidert abandening your status and have to start all over again with K3 or another visa

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.