person

Timelines, again...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the time difference between K-3 timelines and CR-1 timelines is? I heard they are now very close to the same, but from your experience, how long does it generally take? I heard the immigrant visa takes about 6 months to look over, but hey, these things change all the time. They got twice the applications from last year, I guess.

Also, where did you send your I-129 packet - to the same service center as the I-130 or how does that work?

THANX!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I cannot tell you about the I-130 vs. CR-1 timelines, we're still on the fiance(e) stage:)

Check the I-129F instructions to find out about where to file. If it's from Nebraska, I believe it also goes to California.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

Good luck!

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Timeline
I cannot tell you about the I-130 vs. CR-1 timelines, we're still on the fiance(e) stage:)

Check the I-129F instructions to find out about where to file. If it's from Nebraska, I believe it also goes to California.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

Good luck!

Thank you, that's helpful! I hope you're successful with this process! Good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I would suggest i-130 is 3 - 6 months longer than k3.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the time difference between K-3 timelines and CR-1 timelines is? I heard they are now very close to the same, but from your experience, how long does it generally take? I heard the immigrant visa takes about 6 months to look over, but hey, these things change all the time. They got twice the applications from last year, I guess.

Also, where did you send your I-129 packet - to the same service center as the I-130 or how does that work?

THANX!!!

Timeline

Hi guys,

THANX!!!

Thanks, Credzba!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello, :star:

Well I thought so untill I waited in line forever... I think the CR-1 is no longer that much longer wait than the K-3 nowadays.

So when you compare the difference in AOS fees, if I were you and with my own experience now, I would go for the CR-1 even if it means waiting a couple of months more, which again nowadays is not totally true anymore.

Good luck!

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello, :star:

Well I thought so untill I waited in line forever... I think the CR-1 is no longer that much longer wait than the K-3 nowadays.

So when you compare the difference in AOS fees, if I were you and with my own experience now, I would go for the CR-1 even if it means waiting a couple of months more, which again nowadays is not totally true anymore.

Good luck!

well we prefered IR1 and it took almost 14months for us from NOA1 to visa in hand.best of luck :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

guys, I DON'T KNOW NOW WITH ALL THIS ADDED DELAYS BUT BEFORE IT WAS 6-8 monts for K-3 and 7-10 months for CR-1 ....

but now talk a look at the graph on the last page. if you did K-3 it might be a while for AOS to go through ....

that is WHAT I AM GETTING FORM THAT GRAPH ..... my interpretation

http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony/testi...ETG_17jan08.pdf

Timeline

I will expand on my answer a little. I did this for another poster, but I forgot where.

I will call K type visas I-129 visas, and IR/1 CR/1 I-130 visas.

Phase 1 - USCIS

For ALL I-130 or I-129 petition to NOA2 is the same no matter which for you file.

I have friends that files K1, and K3 petitions at the same time (nearly) as I filed I-130.

Our NOA1 -> NOA2 dates were almost the same duration.

Given this, consider the K3 actually looses 2 weeks to a month or more because it can not be filed until you get the I-130 NOA1. This may have changed recently. I think that I read you could now file I-130 and I-129 at the same time, but I honestly don't remember.

For the purpose of this discussion I will say K3 looses 2 weeks to I-130 in phase 1.

Phase 2 - NVC

I-129 visas go through NVC in 1-2 weeks. I-130 based visas take 2 month - 6 months depending on how organized you are. My timeline is as fast as I could do it, and it is about 2.5 months. Most people are not this organized.

The I-130 visa get their p3 packet finished in this phase, and all fees paid.

best case I-130 visa looses 1 - 2 months to the I-129 visa.

worst case I-130 visa looses 5 months to I-129 visa.

Phase Shipping -

Time to mail from USA to foreign country - This is not really a phase, but for CHina burns about 2 months, so I mention it. Both I-129 and I-130 visas take the same time, so no gain or loss either way.

Phase 3 - at foreign consulate

I-129 Visa mails out the p3 packet. If you organize well, you have it ready to mail in, so maybe 1 month total mail out, return, process etc.

I-130 has already done P3, so I-130 gains 1 month on I-129 visa.

I-129 and I-130 visa get p4 packet (interview date set). This is identical for all so no gain or loss time wise.

So, doing the math..

K1 visa is fastest because it does not wait on I-130 at the beginning.

K3 = K1 time + 1 month waiting for I-130 to start

I-130 = K1 + 2-6 months at NVC - 1 month no p3 at consulate.

Best case K3 = CR/1 IR/1 time.

Other factors to consider.

I-129 visa can not work on entry to USA.

I-129 visa require AOS process and that can take a year or more. However you ARE together during this time so it is not so bad as long as your finances can handle only one working partner.

K1 visa is a fiance visa, and there are some relationship issues to deal with both between you too, and in convincing the consulate you are a "real" couple.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i have to agree with everything mentioned above WITH one exception .... if you file i-130 with i-129F ( K3 visa) it seems like i-130 takes much longer to get approved ... generally

i-130 files alone is getting approved faster ...

so their is some uncertainty their ...

Timeline

Actually since Sept. 2006 if you file both I-130 AND I-129 (K3) the USCIS never forwards your I-130 to NVC.

The statement from USCIS was something like they wanted to save manpower, and processing both was a waste because the K3 nearly always finished first.

So, if you go K3, you have NO chance of getting the I-130 processed.

Timeline
Actually since Sept. 2006 if you file both I-130 AND I-129 (K3) the USCIS never forwards your I-130 to NVC.

The statement from USCIS was something like they wanted to save manpower, and processing both was a waste because the K3 nearly always finished first.

So, if you go K3, you have NO chance of getting the I-130 processed.

Unless the K3 is denied.

met online November 18, 2004 (my mother's birthday)

first visit February 7, 2005

filed I-129F 3/2005

receipt confirmed 4/29/05

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

interview failed with white slip

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

filed I-130 for CR1 July 12, 2007

NOA1 received July 26, 2007

fifth visit October 28, 2007

1st wedding anniversary November 6, 2007

NOA2 received March 8, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.