kcmetzy

I'm going to LOSE IT!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, I checked the DS-230 paperwork probably 10 times, then made my husband check the paperwork before we sent it in. I just found out that we are "missing" his birth certificate. The lady said it could take 10-15 business days to re-check his file. That ticks me right off. That is another 3 weeks of waiting, when I KNOW that we sent it in. Bravo NVC, way to draw it out even more. Three weeks to them means nothing, but that means EVERYTHING to me..since we've already been apart 15 months.

Has this happened to anyone else? Please tell me it has..and please tell me that they have found the "missing" document. We spent $50 bucks to get that stupid birth certificate overnighted..

Oh well..

Timeline

NO, they never lost any of my documents, but Saskatchewan screwed up my birth cert when i requested it!! They were nice enough to send me another ASAP. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I believe it was RandyandRina who had the NVC tell them they had lost one of their documents, there was a whole thread about it in the CR1/IR1 forum, i'll have a look for it.

Here it is: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90425

If I remember correctly it turned out they had her Husband's passport biographic page and police certificate.

I hope you have called and asked to speak with a supervisor (I'm kind of assuming that is where you got the 10-14 days reply from them).

I had to contact a supervisor at one point as well, the good thing is she only took 3-4 days to get back to me, if that.

How annoying for you though.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the nvc sent us an rfe for 2 things i know we sent. then when i called and said i know i sent them , i got " well then what u sent wasnt what we wanted obviously". so i resent the same docs and low and behold they were accepted.

nvc screws up and unfortunately we cant do anything about it 'cept be p.o.'d. bite the bullet , get anohter b/c and who knows maybe by some freak stroke of luck they'll happen onto it in the file and no time will be lost.

best to ya

google.gif

Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear that they lost the document! It's hard to even contemplate how I'd feel about lost docs when itty-bitty 1/2 page docs (like the police report) cost >50$. I'd be really upset in your place.

I know my file is GIGANTIC (it's about as thick as my thesis!). I think if I had to do their paperwork all day, I'd lose things in every file!

By the way, having seen how they pile all the paperwork into a single manilla folder, I think that index/cover sheets with page numbers throughout help them a lot. At the very least, if things are in the same order as on the checklist, it should reduce confusion.

We were lucky (until now) and things have gone very quickly. But LadyJane is also a bit A-type, and things have been submitted in perfect shape!

All I can say is complain here, but smile there. :)

It's funny how all that matters is that it's missing, but not that they lost it. :wacko:

Edited by FEW

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent in Mom's sworn affidavit for no b/c four times, they managed to find one. If I had to pay each time, I'd be really pizzed.

BTW, when I got to MTL, the file looked like it was a quarter the size it should have been. Where'd all those papers go?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

UPDATE:

I called the NVC and they finished reviewing our case today and found my husband's birth certificate. Thank the Lord!!! I'm guessing our case completion date will be today, January 28th, but I have a problem with that (imagine that). All of our other documents were in the system and complete as of January 17th. If the NVC wouldn't have temporarily "lost" my husband's birth certificate, our case would have been complete 11 days ago. I know most people are like, "quit complaining..it's only 11 days!" I guess when you've been in the process for 15 months..11 days is pretty significant. I said all that to say this, do you think a supervisor would be willing to make our completion date as of January 17th seeing how this wasn't our fault?

Speaking to a supervisor might not make a difference, but I can't help but think that there are 11 days of people on the waiting list before us. :o( I just want this to be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if nothing comes of this, I am sooooooooooooooooo thankful and relieved that we do not have to send in another birth certificate.

No telling how much longer we would be waiting if we did.

Timeline

I don't know about the supervisor/completion date thing. What I do know is that the supervisor told me on November 29th that the case was complete but the 'official' completion date was like December 4th. I realize that bit of information is useless but I thought I would throw it in anyway :hehe:

I am really happy they 'found' your birth certificate :)

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

That's good they found your birth certificate! Here's hoping for a speedy completion and a March interview! :D

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.