RandyandRina

DS230....RFE'd???

127 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, I have been waiting for NVC to provide me status of my DS230. Finally, today I heard what other people would not want to hear..."found a missing information" which translates to RFE, and a letter was sent on October 2nd. My initial reaction? Lots of questions like "For what?" and "Why?"

I knew I had to talk to them, besides I gave them a break to review it, so then I called the number and waited for a live operator. I was expecting for a question or two we may have missed, but NO that was not the case. Everything was good on my husband's DS230, we got them all right. I can't believe what I heard when they said they are missing my husband's biographic data page of his passport and police certificate. :o

Here's what I have sent them with the original DS230 packet:

• Barcode Coversheet
  • DS230- Forms Part I and Part II
  • NSO Original, Birth Certificate
  • NSO Original, Marriage Certificate
  • Marriage Termination Documentation
  • >> NSO Original, Annotated Marriage Certificate
  • >> Certified True Copies from Regional Trial Court
  • Photocopy, Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
  • Original, NBI Clearance Certificate
  • Original, Police Clearance Certificate
So, if I have all these documents on my DS230 packet, why would they say I am missing it?

I have made an exact copy of the packet I sent them originally, and since I have been careful with what I sent them (double checked every page, reviewed them and followed every checklist they required), I will be sending them a letter today via Express Mail, and I will attached the copies I made of my original packet to show them that unfortunately they dropped the ball on this. I did not cause the missing information, they those documents and they better find it. Let's see what they say this time when I call them back on Monday :angry:

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you may know, I have been waiting for NVC to provide me status of my DS230. Finally, today I heard what other people would not want to hear..."found a missing information" which translates to RFE, and a letter was sent on October 2nd. My initial reaction? Lots of questions like "For what?" and "Why?"

I knew I had to talk to them, besides I gave them a break to review it, so then I called the number and waited for a live operator. I was expecting for a question or two we may have missed, but NO that was not the case. Everything was good on my husband's DS230, we got them all right. I can't believe what I heard when they said they are missing my husband's biographic data page of his passport and police certificate. :o

• Barcode Coversheet
So, if I have all these documents on my DS230 packet, why would they say I am missing it?

I have made an exact copy of the packet I sent them originally, and since I have been careful with what I sent them (double checked every page, reviewed them and followed every checklist they required), I will be sending them a letter today via Express Mail, and I will attached the copies I made of my original packet to show them that unfortunately they dropped the ball on this. I did not cause the missing information, they those documents and they better find it. Let's see what they say this time when I call them back on Monday :angry:

OMG! what have they done now? is this their way of causing so much delay? prolonging the agony of waiting?????

dont they know how much stress its causing us??? :angry:

CR-1

02/08/2007 NOA1

06/22/2007 NOA2 (case approved)

10/12/2007 CASE COMPLETE

11/08/2007 CASE FORWARDED TO USEM

12/06/2007 INTERVIEW *** APPROVED!!!***

12/10/2007 VISA ON HAND

12/17/2007 CFO seminar

12/22/2007 MNL to SFO via PAL

USA

12/22/2007 ARRIVED SFO

12/27/2007 ISSUED SSN

01/10/2008 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

01/12/2008 RECEIVED PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

01/23/2008 SSA MAILED SSN

01/26/2008 RECEIVED SSN

I-751

09/21/2009 MAILED I-751

09/23/2009 RECEIVED BY USCIS

09/26/2009 NOA1

10/16/2009 EARLY BIOMETRICS

10/22/2009 APPOINTMENT BIOMETRICS

10/20/2009 APPROVED

OMG! what have they done now? is this their way of causing so much delay? prolonging the agony of waiting?????

dont they know how much stress its causing us??? :angry:

Go figure sis what I am feeling right now :crying:

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

hi sis,

What's wrong with NVC? I think they are just trying to delay some of the cases especially in the philippines. Even if there's no reason for RFE, they gave someone an RFE. I dont think they lost it. :angry::angry:NVC's reasons of RFE's are so mababaw. :angry:

• Barcode Coversheet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Like ####### NVC.

Rina you're the most conscience person out there with sending things in properly, they definitely made a mistake. Big time!

Sending you lots of hugs, :)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

sis Rina,

I bet they're just delaying our cases. Aurea is right, their reason for RFE is so mababaw. Applying for those documents in PI takes a long time. :angry: Yeah go send them you photocopies of what u sent them before. GRRRR to them. Too bad i didn't photocopied mine. haaaayyy..

I know my hubby will call NVC today. I'll update you as well.

Couldn't believe they're doing this to us. :crying:

grrrr.. :angry:

-jyz

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
I can't believe what I heard when they said they are missing my husband's biographic data page of his passport and police certificate. :o

Yikes! That's exactly the kind of worries I have with sending original documents into NVC, documents where a copy should be sufficient and could be quickly compared with the original at interview.

In my case, they have a birth certificate that can never be replaced. So I sure as hell hope they don't lose that one!

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

I dont think NVC lost those documents. When you open an envelope, everything is there.Attached. With Case #. Sis RIna wont miss a thing coz i think she's very organized.

Sis rina,

I feel sad when i read your post that you've got an RFE. I know what you feel now. All we want is to be with our loveones this christmas. is it too much to ask? :(

sis Rina,

I bet they're just delaying our cases. Aurea is right, their reason for RFE is so mababaw. Applying for those documents in PI takes a long time. :angry: Yeah go send them you photocopies of what u sent them before. GRRRR to them. Too bad i didn't photocopied mine. haaaayyy..

-jyz

I was so upset, dismayed and disappointed...you name it, I felt them all when I talked to NVC. I know I have all my forms and documents all correct and in the order as they have requested it, or how they would want it (Is there really one?). I mean, I am not the most knowledgeable person and I surely have not mastered or know every details with NVC, but I can certainly read and make a checklist of my own to follow their standards. And if there's something I didn't know or unclear, I have called them or had asked few of our VJ of these concerns.

This is not fun at all. It's unfair... :diablo:

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

I dont think NVC lost those documents. When you open an envelope, everything is there.Attached. With Case #. Sis RIna wont miss a thing coz i think she's very organized.

Sis rina,

I feel sad when i read your post that you've got an RFE. I know what you feel now. All we want is to be with our loveones this christmas. is it too much to ask? :(

sis Rina,

-jyz

hi sis,

What's wrong with NVC? I think they are just trying to delay some of the cases especially in the philippines. Even if there's no reason for RFE, they gave someone an RFE. I dont think they lost it. :angry::angry:NVC's reasons of RFE's are so mababaw. :angry:

So far everyone I knew here in VJ on CR1/ IR1 from Manila have been RFE'd. :(

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Like ####### NVC.

Rina you're the most conscience person out there with sending things in properly, they definitely made a mistake. Big time!

Thanks girl, I really need lots of hugs right now :crying:

Yikes! That's exactly the kind of worries I have with sending original documents into NVC, documents where a copy should be sufficient and could be quickly compared with the original at interview.

In my case, they have a birth certificate that can never be replaced. So I sure as hell hope they don't lose that one!

But I really won't let them get away from it easily, I have a whole new set of packet only photopies of what I sent them ready to re-sent to them TODAY. If there's a way that they can RFE someone for nothing, then I need a very good explanation of how they can just lose my documents just like that. Their excuse of they actually review a thousand of files each day just dont cut it out for me, because the more that they should be careful in handling these documents since they asked for either original or certified true copies. For most countries, it does not take one day to obtain these documents and not to mention the time, effort and money wasted.

My packet :

1. used an ACCO to put all the file together
  2. used a coverletter stated all the documents enclosed
  3. wrote the Case# on every forms and documents (every pages)
  4. placed a page finder/ post it labels with document description on each document
  5. noted each document whether it was original or photocopy documents

What else can they ask from me? :help:

IR-1

Immigration Process

USA

.png

Timeline

I'm not from Manila and I got an RFE :)

I don't think it's just the Phillipines - I think in general the DS-230 is a tricky one - but that's just my opinion.

Anyway Rina, I don't know if you saw this thread from Katita link

She spoke with a supervisor as at first they told her that her case was complete, then she called the automated line and it said something else, so she called back and spoke with a supervisor who told her that her case was 'almost complete' and not to worry etc..

The thing is, I'm not saying the NVC operator was wrong in what she told you, I just think sometimes they misinterpret what they are reading on the screen or miss things altogether - for instance they wanted a copy of my Husband's Canadian PR card - it is on our RFE but the operator never mentioned it to me (when I called them twice).

I know with the RFE we just received if I hadn't read it carefully and spoken with the operator - well let me post it, I will scan the 'details' sheet of what they said was missing - which is probably similar to what the operators see and let's see what everyone picks up from it - my point is they are hard to make out and maybe, just maybe, the person you spoke to wasn't very experienced?

I would recommend that you give them a call back today and speak with a supervisor before you send anything back - just my opinion but it might save you some time.

Good luck!

Timeline

Ok, so this is page three of our RFE - is this what an operator would see? Maybe, I mean they have to keep on file what they send us one would think. One other thing, the operator I spoke to yesterday said, 'I can't see exactly what you are missing'.

The thing is, if you read this - what would you think I needed to send back?

rfe_sept_22.jpg
Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Like ####### NVC.

Thanks girl, I really need lots of hugs right now :crying:

But I really won't let them get away from it easily, I have a whole new set of packet only photopies of what I sent them ready to re-sent to them TODAY. If there's a way that they can RFE someone for nothing, then I need a very good explanation of how they can just lose my documents just like that. Their excuse of they actually review a thousand of files each day just dont cut it out for me, because the more that they should be careful in handling these documents since they asked for either original or certified true copies. For most countries, it does not take one day to obtain these documents and not to mention the time, effort and money wasted.

My packet :

1. used an ACCO to put all the file together
  2. used a coverletter stated all the documents enclosed
  3. wrote the Case# on every forms and documents (every pages)
  4. placed a page finder/ post it labels with document description on each document
  5. noted each document whether it was original or photocopy documents
What else can they ask from me? :help:

Rina,

I am sorry to hear this news, but at least it shows that someone is working on your case, there is a high chance they may find it (in your case only the police certificate can be problematic, the passport page is just a copy). I would suggest you call and speak with a supervisor (Your documents are there with them, you just need to get someone to actively look for it). Don't worry too much Rina, it just a matter of time. Your problems with NVC should end soon God willing!

:)

CR-1

I-130

06/06/07 - I-130 sent to VSC.

06/20/07 - NOA1 via snail mail.

07/19/07 - NOA2

07/25/07 - Received NOA2 via snail mail.

I-129 F

06/25/07 - I-129F sent to NSC.

07/09/07 - NOA1 via snail mail.

07/25/07 - Transfered to VSC and pending...

09/11/07 - Touched...

NVC

07/23/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned.

08/06/07 - DS-3032 and AOS fee bill generated

08/07/07 - DS-3032 Agent of choice emailed

08/07/07 - AOS bill payment mailed

08/11/07 - AOS and DS3032 received via snail mail

08/15/07 - AOS fee bill processed

08/16/07 - DS3032 form mailed

08/20/07 - I-864 form has been generated

08/22/07 - DS-3032 accepted via email

08/27/07 - IV fee bill generated

09/01/07 - I-864 form received via snail mail

09/04/07 - I-864 mailed via priority mail

09/07/07 - Received IV fee bill and...

09/08/07 - mailed via priority

09/14/07 - IV fee payment entered into the system

09/19/07 - DS-230 mailed via priority mail

09/20/07 - AOS review complete

09/25/07 - DS230 entered into the system

10/04/07 - RFE sent for missing evidence...and

10/10/07 - RFE response mailed with missing docs...

10/18/07 - RFE entered into the system...

10/29/07 - Case complete

11/20/07 - Received Packet 4 - Interview Letter

12/10/07 - I N T E R V I E W

Live with passion!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.