Annushka

Humanitarian Parole for an extreme cases.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello people,

I opened before Topic like "How to get K-1 urgently?My fiancee is in hospital.Help!"We are in extreme situation now.We were waiting for K-1 visa and even did not get NOA -1 .But my fiancee has an epilepsy and suffers from general siezures which last time are accompanied by dangerous injuries. Two months ago he got to emergency room .it is getting worse.he needs somebody to watch him 24/7.We made ourselves the request for Humanitarian Parole for me with a letter from a doctors about his situation.Is it enough to get this parole?I was told that it's very difficult to get this visa.Mostly they say "no":-(But we still hope and wait. :help:

What kind of parole are you talking about? For an expedited visa for him to enter the US, or for you to go to your fiancee's country? I'm not understanding you.

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
What kind of parole are you talking about? For an expedited visa for him to enter the US, or for you to go to your fiancee's country? I'm not understanding you.

My american fiance(american guy) is in the US and has an epilepsy,and I am in Israel.He asked for Humanitarian Parole for me to enter the US because of his extreme medical situation.The official information about Humanitarian Parole is here.

Visit My Website

Will it work for us ?

Thanks.

My american fiance(american guy) is in the US and has an epilepsy,and I am in Israel.He asked for Humanitarian Parole for me to enter the US because of his extreme medical situation.The official information about Humanitarian Parole is here.

Visit My Website

Will it work for us ?

Thanks.

I'm not an expert, but the case would have to be an extreme emergency to be approved...and would probably involve a lot more documentation than just a "letter" from his doctor.

The site you directed me to states the following:

Parole is an extraordinary measure, sparingly used to bring an otherwise inadmissible alien into the United States for a temporary period of time due to a very compelling emergency.

Notice the portion I've underlined, this is not a way to get your petiton approval expedited, this, if approved would only allow you to stay temporarily, not immigrate.

In addition, in the FAQ section at the bottom, here's what it states regarding the length it takes for them to approve such a request:

How long does it take to adjudicate an application?

Parole applications are generally adjudicated within 60 - 90 business days.

That's a long time! Not to mention that there is a filing fee to file for this parole, which is in addition to what you have already paid if you've filed for the K-1. When did you submit the K-1 petition? Has your check been cashed yet? Once you have a NOA-1, maybe there is some sort of avenue for expedited processing in your case?

Good luck

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Visit My Website

Will it work for us ?

Thanks.

I'm not an expert, but the case would have to be an extreme emergency to be approved...and would probably involve a lot more documentation than just a "letter" from his doctor.

The site you directed me to states the following:

Parole is an extraordinary measure, sparingly used to bring an otherwise inadmissible alien into the United States for a temporary period of time due to a very compelling emergency.

Notice the portion I've underlined, this is not a way to get your petiton approval expedited, this, if approved would only allow you to stay temporarily, not immigrate.

In addition, in the FAQ section at the bottom, here's what it states regarding the length it takes for them to approve such a request:

How long does it take to adjudicate an application?

Parole applications are generally adjudicated within 60 - 90 business days.

That's a long time! Not to mention that there is a filing fee to file for this parole, which is in addition to what you have already paid if you've filed for the K-1. When did you submit the K-1 petition? Has your check been cashed yet? Once you have a NOA-1, maybe there is some sort of avenue for expedited processing in your case?

Good luck

-P

I'm going on the presumption you are "otherwise admissable" rather than "inadmissable". I don't know that it would work for a fiance but I've seen a spouse get an expedited visa for six month stay, to take care of a husband who was seriously ill. She then returned to her home country for her CR1 visa interview so they could be reunited permanently. A Senator was of assistance in this matter. Your fiance could check out that possibility for you but again my knowledge is with a spouse, not fiance(e). She was a friend of my wife and they traveled together on their first trip to the US.

Another wrinkle in that case was that he became ill in China and the Consulate was involved in his emergency evacuation to the US for an amputation.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.