tafeagans

Expedite Request Based on Family Medical Emergency

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just an update here and perhaps some feedback from anyone who has received a approved expedite request would be helpful.

The USCIS is reviewing my expedite request. They touched it again today. It has taken them a little over month to get the details. Normally I would of not requested it, but my mother is dying from cancer and wants to see my fiancee and I married before she dies. Hope that happens, however, I am assuming we are minimal 2 months to 3 months out even if it goes quickly and mom is starting to show signs that things are rgetting worse. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, unable to opperate and it now has speard to her spine, brain, lung, liver and who knows where else. Looks like it is moving rapidly. Unfortunately she is also the caretaker for my 76 year old father and my 91 year old aunt and without her there, I will have to take care of them to keep them in their home they worked for their whole life for. I am making plans to temporalily reside there, not change address as I have a job where I can work form different places in the US, but to provide them security in their home. Anyway the USCIS requested additional information back on December 20th, which I provided a two page letter from me and the Doctors diagnosis, limited in detail because of Hippa laws.

Anyway, if we are lucky enough to get approved, I am seeking information from anyone who has gone through this process and has received an expedite approval to learn how I might get the rest of the process expeditied, not to cause problems. My hopes are that the expedite approval, if granted, will follow the the papers to the NVC and then to Bangkok Embassy. I have thought about contacting my Congressman and my mothers asking for them to look into this and see if they can help but have not done so as I am afraid my case will all of a sudden get delayed longer. Anyone with experience here please fill me in. I may call my congressman to get advice.

We did have a Budhist ceremony, not an official marriage in the sense of Thiialand or the US unless you file marriage papers in Thailand at the local Government office, which we did not. We did this for her family and it was wonderful. I talk to her twice to her a day in the morning and at night as she is waking up when I am about to go to bed. I have been learning Thai daily and she has been studying English.

Sawadee, waiting and hoping

Edited by tafeagans

Tom and Watcharee (Nic)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-31

I-129F RFE(s) : 2007-12-20

RFE Reply(s) : 2007-12-26

Touched 1-18

Touched 2-2

Touched 2-3, On a Sunday?

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-07

NVC Received : 2008-02-12

NVC Left : 2008-02-14

Consulate Received : 2008-02-18

Packet 3 Received : 2008-02-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-02-20

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-27

Interview Date : 2008-18-03

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's illness. I wish I had more to offer you in terms of advice and experience, but I will just pray that your request goes through and you are able to share your wedding day with your family.

Chohk dee kha!

K-1 Timeline

Oct 5 07 - NOA1 issued

Jan 17 08 - NOA2 issued!

May 07 08 - VISA IN HAND!

Aug 16 08 - WEDDING!

View our complete K-1 timeline here!

AOS Timeline

Sep 08 08 - Submitted AOS/AP/EAD package

Sep 10 08 - Package received

Sep 12 08 - NOA for AP

Sep 15 08 - NOA for AOS

Sep 18 08 - Check cashed

Sep 25 08 - NOA for EAD

Oct 03 08 - AOS transferred to CSC!

Oct 08 08 - Biometrics for AOS/EAD

Oct 09 08 - AOS received by CSC

Nov 21 08 - AP approval notice sent!

Nov 29 08 - AP arrived in mail!

Dec 03 08 - EAD approval notice sent!

Dec 08 08 - EAD arrived in mail!

Mar 17 09 - Permanent Residence Approved!

Mar 25 09 - Green Card arrives in mail!!!

APPLYING TO LIFT CONDITIONS

Dec 17 10

View our complete AOS timeline here!

Timeline

Thank you for your response. I see they have touched my file again today. They received it by mailed Sept 14th but did not receipt it until Oct 31, 2007. The mail room their takes 30 days , plus to open mail and distribute it or so they tell me.

Hopefully someone has received an expedite request like mine before.

Tom and Watcharee (Nic)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Touched 1-18

Touched 2-2

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Good luck to you. I hope things work out. Let us know how it goes for other people in your situation in the future.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Here is the latest update I received after calling the USCIS and speaking with my Congressman's office. It appears they have steped up and are trying to help me. My mother's condition appears to be getting worse, but she is hanging in there. As a result, she has also contacted her Congressman as well. This is the recent reposnse I received from them shown below. I did censor the name of the contact as I want to protect their identity. I think it is good for others on this board to see in case they have some similiar situtation and/or other.

Response to me below:

Mr. Feagans,

I thought you should be aware that our office has sent an inquiry to the California Service Center regarding the request that your mother’s case receive expedited processing based on her condition. We are waiting to receive a response. Please check back with me on Friday afternoon if you have not heard from me by then. Thank you.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXXXXXXXX

Office of Senator Richard Lugar

1180 Market Tower

10 West Market Street

Indianapolis, IN

Crossing my fingers here. Again, please understand I am not looking to bypass any normal processing procedures but to hopefully provide a way for my family to take part in our marriage ceremony and be there for them. Thanks

Tom and Watcharee (Nic)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Touched 1-18

Touched 2-2

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi - did you get the expedite? I have a question. I just got expedited approvalof a K1 petition. Is the whole process expedited all the way through NVC and onto the empbassy/consulate overseas? Or does everything at this point go back into the normal flow of things. this is a fiance visa - requiring medical exams, etc. by my fiance.

Thanks.

Doug

Hello everyone,

Just an update here and perhaps some feedback from anyone who has received a approved expedite request would be helpful.

The USCIS is reviewing my expedite request. They touched it again today. It has taken them a little over month to get the details. Normally I would of not requested it, but my mother is dying from cancer and wants to see my fiancee and I married before she dies. Hope that happens, however, I am assuming we are minimal 2 months to 3 months out even if it goes quickly and mom is starting to show signs that things are rgetting worse. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, unable to opperate and it now has speard to her spine, brain, lung, liver and who knows where else. Looks like it is moving rapidly. Unfortunately she is also the caretaker for my 76 year old father and my 91 year old aunt and without her there, I will have to take care of them to keep them in their home they worked for their whole life for. I am making plans to temporalily reside there, not change address as I have a job where I can work form different places in the US, but to provide them security in their home. Anyway the USCIS requested additional information back on December 20th, which I provided a two page letter from me and the Doctors diagnosis, limited in detail because of Hippa laws.

Anyway, if we are lucky enough to get approved, I am seeking information from anyone who has gone through this process and has received an expedite approval to learn how I might get the rest of the process expeditied, not to cause problems. My hopes are that the expedite approval, if granted, will follow the the papers to the NVC and then to Bangkok Embassy. I have thought about contacting my Congressman and my mothers asking for them to look into this and see if they can help but have not done so as I am afraid my case will all of a sudden get delayed longer. Anyone with experience here please fill me in. I may call my congressman to get advice.

We did have a Budhist ceremony, not an official marriage in the sense of Thiialand or the US unless you file marriage papers in Thailand at the local Government office, which we did not. We did this for her family and it was wonderful. I talk to her twice to her a day in the morning and at night as she is waking up when I am about to go to bed. I have been learning Thai daily and she has been studying English.

Sawadee, waiting and hoping

In case the expedite doesn't go through... The fiancée of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident may, be classified as a B-2 Visa visitor if the fiancée intends to return to a foreign residence soon after the marriage. Think your fiancée might be able to get a B-2 if necessary? It would delay the total time to being together permanently, but it might be worth it to fulfill your mother's request..

I hope the best for you.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Timeline

I just received the best news I could ask for today. After engaging my Senator and the help of this forum it appears my request for an expedite is being approved. My Senator has committed to seeing the expedite through the US embassy in Bangkok. I just got off the phone with my Mother and I am able to tell her the good news. I am hoping she is able to hang on. I am speechless and thankful but still have a ways to go.

Tom and Watcharee (Nic)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Touched 1-18

Touched 2-2

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Timeline

Regarding the questions sorrounding "Does the expedite follow it all the way through the embassy?" unfortunately, you have to start it all again, there is no measures or expedite jacket that will follow the approval. Seesm like they should have some thing, but not. The course of action is for me to continue to request support from my Congressman for help. This is what the USCIS, California Service Center told me. I am again stunned the right hand nver talks to the left, seems logical but it is not. However, I am going to continue to pray my congressman will help me get this done.

Tom and Watcharee (Nic)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Touched 1-18

Touched 2-2

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

i am so glad to hear that your expedite request was granted. fingers crossed you can get some additional help to push through and unite your family.

GOOD LUCK!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Other Timeline
Regarding the questions sorrounding "Does the expedite follow it all the way through the embassy?" unfortunately, you have to start it all again, there is no measures or expedite jacket that will follow the approval. Seesm like they should have some thing, but not. The course of action is for me to continue to request support from my Congressman for help. This is what the USCIS, California Service Center told me. I am again stunned the right hand nver talks to the left, seems logical but it is not. However, I am going to continue to pray my congressman will help me get this done.

That's because they aren't really left and right hands at all.

The State Department is a separate branch of the government entirely from the Department of Homeland Security. USCIS (who approved your I129F) is under the juris of Homeland Security. They now hand off your petition to the State Department, who will handle what is really a new case - a visa application. Your stateside petition was a request to Homeland Security that an immigrant be allowed to file a visa application with the State Department.

Silly, isn't it?

Filed: Other Timeline
Silly, isn't it?

In general I'm actually glad our governments hands don't communicate well. It's a nuisance right now, imagine if it started coordinating with itself?

But yeah...would it kill them to add a cover sheet that just says "expedite?"

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

They aren't supposed to be easily communicating. It's done on purpose and it's called 'checks and balances'.

You know - three branches of government - the Constitution - all that jazz.

So yeah, a cover sheet WOULDN'T make the founding fathers roll over in their graves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.