yukfou

Finish my masters in Ausi but on A.P status in P.K

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Ladies and gents,

Now a days I am in a huge state of confusion as I am trying to finish my masters. Currently I am going through a third party of my university (U.S.Q, Australia) which is located in Islamabad, Pakistan but I would like to go to Australia and get done with my M.B.A out there.

The only problem is that I am on A.P status for K1 visa since october 9th of 2007 and obviously no body knows when this night mare will be over. My next semester starts in March in Australia. Lets say hypothetically I do go to Australia in march and start my masters there and while I am there I get clearence for A.P. I most likely have to come back to P.K to recieve my visa? After I get my visa I understand I have to enter the U.S with in six months. Lets say I go to the U.S then, can I apply for all the paper work stuff like green card, ssn and work permit stuff and then go back to Ausi to finish my degree (1.5 year) or do I have to stay in U.S for a certain period of time? I know guys this is confusing and hopefully you guys are following me what I am saying :)

Any suggestions or advices will be very helpful?

Kind Regards,

Mohammad.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Ladies and gents,

Now a days I am in a huge state of confusion as I am trying to finish my masters. Currently I am going through a third party of my university (U.S.Q, Australia) which is located in Islamabad, Pakistan but I would like to go to Australia and get done with my M.B.A out there.

The only problem is that I am on A.P status for K1 visa since october 9th of 2007 and obviously no body knows when this night mare will be over. My next semester starts in March in Australia. Lets say hypothetically I do go to Australia in march and start my masters there and while I am there I get clearence for A.P. I most likely have to come back to P.K to recieve my visa? After I get my visa I understand I have to enter the U.S with in six months. Lets say I go to the U.S then, can I apply for all the paper work stuff like green card, ssn and work permit stuff and then go back to Ausi to finish my degree (1.5 year) or do I have to stay in U.S for a certain period of time? I know guys this is confusing and hopefully you guys are following me what I am saying :)

Kind Regards,

Mohammad.

One thing I can think of is if in the first two years of your conditional LPR status, you accrue more "out of country" time than "in country" time you most likely will be deemed to have abandoned your residence status.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

when they schedule YOur interview for K-1, yes you have to go back to Your home country, than since visa is issued you have 6 months to enter US and after entry 90 days to get married and filled for I-485(green card). While Your I-485 is pending You can't leave US unless You have advance parole(You can aplly for it at the same time as I-485: the fee for I-485 now covers also advance parole and work autorization). So most likely You will get advance parole about 3 months after You filled. That is how things are now the hard part is to coordinate it with Your school schedule.

I have problem with that too: I filled for the green card but still waiting for advance parole(I applied for it to late, didn't know that green card fee cover it, if only I found this forum earlier..), I should be in my country march to finish my masters so hoping either GC or AP will be ready by than

good luck

Hello Ladies and gents,

Kind Regards,

Mohammad.

09/29/2007- civil wedding in the US

10/ 8- send AOS

10/15- NOA

10/30- RFE

11/07- fingerprints, Latham NY

11/08- RFE send to USCIS

12/15- case transfered to CSC

01/24- AOS touched

02/11/2008- green card production ordered

02/20- welcome letter and green card in the mail:))))

07/10/2008- our religious wedding and awsome reception in Poland:)))

Joanna

Timeline

Thanks guys, I feel like I am in a chess game, trying to make the perfect move :). Either way I am happy becaue my lovey is very understandable and she is with me all the way.

Keep the suggestion and advices coming! I need to convince my self as to which route should I take?

Timeline

Hey guys, I got one more queston? I am applying for Australian student visa because I do not want to waste my time waiting for K-1 any more. My fiance will move to Australia.

When applying for the student visa with the Australian embassy, will they contact the U.S embassy for any information regarding me? for security purposes or what ever there process might consist of?

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.