Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

I thought I would drop in to tell those of you pining for white Christmases that it is OVERATED. It is currently -15F with the wind chill and it took 2 hours to do a drive that normally takes 40 minutes. Oh yeah, and my life flashed before my eyes as I spun out on some black ice. Fortunately, my winter driving skills are still sharp! We are looking forward to going to England, where it will be warmer.

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I thought I would drop in to tell those of you pining for white Christmases that it is OVERATED. It is currently -15F with the wind chill and it took 2 hours to do a drive that normally takes 40 minutes. Oh yeah, and my life flashed before my eyes as I spun out on some black ice. Fortunately, my winter driving skills are still sharp! We are looking forward to going to England, where it will be warmer.

Oh dear. It's been mild here, about 11c some days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

oh lord! glad to hear the old skills kicked in!

And Happy Christmas everyone! I'm celebrating a little earlier than usual because I'm coordinating a gift opening session with my family in Ireland, hopfully over a webcam.

Now I'm going to brave the grocery store, just one more time :star:

The UK Wiki

Haha - I am glad it's not just me who has groceries and things to get!!!

Here I am all cleaned and things - the house is sparkly and nice and I just have to get baking but taking a break for a bit first!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Now it's warmed up - but it's raining turning all the snow to slush. of course it will freeze tonight and turn to sheets of ice.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll probably not be around for the next 10 days or so - I hope everyone has a great one.

90day.jpg

Timeline

wow, these had me giggling so much, C wanted to know what was so funny. And I'm happy to say that he even got the Dis-ney one. (though at the beginning of the joke i had to say 'imagine i'm talking in a scottish accent')

i'll add in my cracker jokes once I open them tomorrow

The UK Wiki

Ours were lame... I think they are in a box with all the wrapping paper now!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

ok, they turned out to be the crappest ever! they were just mini ones from world market, but all of the prizes were single orange plastic disc, like tiddlywinks. Oh well, at least the eggnog had plenty of rum in it...

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

an orange plastic disc is truly the crappest cracker present EVER :blink:

we had such a funny experience with the crackers... I was all prepared for them to be hard to find, so when we saw some in Target we quickly snapped them up... of course, we were unprepared to then find better, cheaper ones at Pier 1 Imports, but quickly decided we could return the Target ones, so bought them as well

well, we were then in Randall's looking for something totally unrelated and found proper UK-imported ones, also better, also cheaper :lol: (they had a sale on)

so we got those and had TWO lots to return ;)

great pressies though... puzzles and tricks and a compact mirror and a pack of little silver pencils and things like that :)

and they looked SO nice on my Christmas table :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

:lol: We did the same thing but didn't buy the extras - we thought they would a) be hard to find and B) disappear really fast. Turns out we found them in Walmart, our local grocery store and World Market reduced theirs just before Christmas as well so we could have got them cheaper!!

We bought the mini ones as well - just as backups and potential Christmas tree decs - nice to know how lame they are! We had the cream and gold big ones from World Market :) Our prizes were a silver bookmark/clip thing, a padlock and keys and a set of mini screwdrivers (that always seem to come in so useful - does anyone else find that??)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

In the frenzy of cooking and entertaining, I completely forgot to put out the Christmas crackers. :( Since the next gathering we'll have a lot of company for is my birthday (in one week), would it be OK to use them then? :unsure:

Timeline

i forgot them till christmas day, even though we had our dinner christmas eve night. I'm very glad now that I didn't think of them, and didn't have any great expectations for them.

I think it would be perfectly fine, and fun to have them at your birthday! :star:

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes, for sure; use them on your birthday :)

one of the boxes we bought even said that on the back - that it's a UK tradition to have them at all manner of celebrations, including birthdays... though I have to say I think that was more marketing BS than truth ;)

but why not, if you want to?! go for it :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.