Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Ginger - I can totally relate... it was worse studying it in uni because you have to meet criteria, deadlines, time frames... fit in with tutors' ideals as to what is "art" and the pressure really sends your muse running :lol: I love painting but frustrate myself trying to make the things look like photographs then get disappointed when they don't... My best painting (in my head) was a small one of the Musee D'Orsay (sp?) in Paris on the banks of the Rhine by night - thing is, it was for my A-level and it was a lettering piece so I had to stick some crappy text on top of it which I took about three seconds over - the painting took a couple of months I think :lol: But the text ruins it :(

I moved onto installation art in my degree because it allowed more room for interpretation... thing is all our tutors were ceramicists or painters so I don't think they really "got" me :rolleyes:

On another note, I am having a blub to Band Aid's "Do they know it's Christmas" particularly at the lyrics "but there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime" and thinking "THERE WON'T BE BLOODY SNOW IN PALM SPRINGS EITHER!!!" :cry: Then feeling a bit sad and pathetic... I've been looking up old carols I sang in primary school and getting all nostalgic... I think I need to invest in a Christmas Carol CD or something :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Carols from King's :)

it's the LOVELIEST :)

oh, and get a good Messiah... you'll never look back ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

On another note, I am having a blub to Band Aid's "Do they know it's Christmas" particularly at the lyrics "but there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime" and thinking "THERE WON'T BE BLOODY SNOW IN PALM SPRINGS EITHER!!!" :cry: Then feeling a bit sad and pathetic... I've been looking up old carols I sang in primary school and getting all nostalgic... I think I need to invest in a Christmas Carol CD or something :lol:

Yeah, but when is there ever snow in England at Christmas? England generally does not get good snow, which aside from at Christmas is very overrated.

I'm telling you Jer - get yerself to Idylwild (sp?). The snow there is lovely. And the best part is you can drive away from it back to warm weather in no time.

Where are you ladies on the facebook? I tried searching for maven, but she is unfindable. I don't think I know the rest of yis names to go looking for you.

And greetings from Tokyo! I am staying at the Park Hyatt, which is probably the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at with absolutely impeccable service. But now that the yen is really strong - whoa is Tokyo expensive. Good thing I'm not paying for it.

90day.jpg

Yay! Robin found me on facebook! I looked for you too, Robin, but I couldn't find you at all. But now all is well and you can expect a Clay Aiken Pin Extravaganza! pin from me in the very near future. I'm going looking for more VJ peeps now... Laura, I *think* I found you yesterday...

Jealous you're in Tokyo -- much better and funner than Delaware next Wednesday.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I'm there! I'm there! Laura - I can't even remember if I found you or not - I swear I have lost track... ;)

And Robin - I am sooo jealous :P I would love to go to Tokyo but yeah - have heard that it is expensive... maybe when we are rich and can afford to go ;)

I do want to go to Idyllwild but not sure there is snow up there yet. San Gorgonio has snow on it last I saw and there has been snowfall on San Jacinto but as both are around 10000 feet or so... I don't even know what elevation Idyllwild is... ahh - 5300... dunno when that will get snow but right now it seems like hot is the way forward in SoCal...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Aly, maybe you should look into producing Clay Aiken pins!

Wow...what did your gig from last month tell you as to why they haven't paid you yet?

I think if my job ends up being dust in the wind next week I might become an artist. Last night I told Nicky about some of the ideas I had. I love art, but the way I am I'm so meticulous that I frustrate myself.

Then again, is there ever such thing as a content artist?

I overheard a conversation in a dublin cafe once, between two (now) sucessful artists (well, one was an actor, and the other works in the arts) chatting about when they started out as artists in the 80's. They were joking that everyone was unemployed anyway (Ireland was ####### in the 80's, you either left or were unemployed) so they just called themselves artists becuase if you had to be an out of work something, you might as well be an out of work artist as an out of work plumber. And that scene of people who just hung around and tried to create stuff in the bad days, were the very people that suddenly became the arts establishment when money arrived in the 90's. Funny how the world works.

Yay! Robin found me on facebook! I looked for you too, Robin, but I couldn't find you at all. But now all is well and you can expect a Clay Aiken Pin Extravaganza! pin from me in the very near future. I'm going looking for more VJ peeps now... Laura, I *think* I found you yesterday...

Jealous you're in Tokyo -- much better and funner than Delaware next Wednesday.

Wow, tokyo, maybe someday. Hope you're getting to get out and about and it's not all business!

The UK Wiki

Yay! Laura found me!

In other news we had our first Christmas card today from mum and it made me all weepy :P I am such a sap :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Pointy - you must have super-high privacy settings on the FB cuz I don't see you on the maven's friend list, unless I'm blind. I saw your name in her feed but there was no link to click?

Edited by rkl57

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.