omar

Leaving USA without AP

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

it's been a year since i had my "interview" for my GC based on marriage, and still no GC. My EAD expires real soon, and my father is sick back in pakistan. What happens if i leave the country without getting AP? can i just wait in pakistan while my GC paperwork is being processed? is AP only if you want to comeback while your paperwork is being processed, because if so, i'm okay with just waiting out the rest of the period in pakistan and coming back once my wife gets the GC here.

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS deems the AOS to be abandoned, and you will start all over this time filing I-130 to get an immigrant CR-1 visa or K-3 visa.

How about filing for emergency AP, schedule an info pass appointment to local field office and get the AP document.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=105425&hl=

What visa did you enter the USA on? If K-3, and the K-3 has not expired then use the K-3 to re-enter the USA, if K-1 AP is required.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=27075

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your father. If you leave the US without a valid AP document then the USCIS will consider that your AOS application has been abandoned. You cannot wait out of the country until your AOS application has been approved. I would suggest making an infopass appointment at your local USCUS office. If you can have documentation such as a note from your fathers doctor, then I believe that they can issue an emergency AP document under certain circumstances.

Best of luck.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

yes, apply for an info pass appointment and get emergency AP. Several people have been successful in receiving it. DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT IT!

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm not 100% how they would know but I'd imagine that a combination of USCIS, Homeland Security and CBP databases will be able to see that you left the US before your AOS was approved and your GC was mailed. If you intend to return to the US I wouldn't want to risk having to start from scratch with a new visa application if you are a prime candidate for emergency AP. From what I know of emergency AP, it's often issued the same day providing you have documentation confirming your need for it.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.