Nutty

Called the DOS and spoke to a very nice lady

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

She said, "Yes, your case in administrative processing."

I said, "the consulate officer said 3 times that AP would only take one month."

She said, "Why do they do that? The truth is you married someone from Iran, so there will be a lot of checking. I can pull a number out of the air....Say 6 months....and tell you that is how long it will take. It could be less. But then would you be angry with me? Or happy that it was less?"

I said, "I just want a realistic number because I am trying to decide on whether I should wait here or make plans to see him."

She said, "Start making plans to see you husband. In the interim, call every other week because we do make notes on the case and I can let you know."

Nice lady, but bad news. I can't accept being seperate from my husband for a year. That is intolerable. So if our case is still in AP by end of mid-or-end of March, I will give notice at my job so that I can visit my husband. My employers only give 1 week vacation for the first year of employment. That really isn't enough time for a proper reunion with my husband. Especially if you consider the flight to and from would be two days of the 1 week off. My employers would not consider giving me more time off without pay. It's unfortunate. But my marriage comes before a receptionist job.

I will also give notice on my apartment because I can't afford to pay rent when I am not there. Put my things into storage.

Given the fact I am having to quite both work and apartment, I will take at least three months to see my hubby.

The only downside is that I hate the idea of having to come back and start from scratch again.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sounds right what the operator from DOS told you. I am sorry but can relate since it was 5 months in our case. All I can do is say is if you can go back and visit your husband without it being too much of a burden - go. Wishing you all the best on a speedier AR/AP. edit for spelling.

Mary

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

At least the lady was honest with you so you don't have expectations that most likely won't happen. I hope you are able to find a solution that works for both of you. Sounds like you are or have thought through the important things.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

i just recently got approved and its been 7 almost 8 months total waiting in usa for my spouses visa. At the NVC they said they may take 3-6 months processing for visas i dont really understand that but I just thought i should let you know. Im thinking about going back home to see my spouse too now.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.