Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers~

4,632 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I’ll soon be on my way!!

I fly out in the morning at 11am from Manchester Airport (thankfully not Heathrow, which is experience a few delays today!). :o

I’m currently very comfortably ensconced in the Radisson SAS at the airport with a glass of Chardonnay by my side. I wanted Zinfandel in honour of Debz and Aly but the mini-bar didn’t have any. :D

I’m paying £159 for one night here (without breakfast) and I’m drinking from the mini-bar – but you only emigrate once!! :lol:

Anyway, I will post on here once I’m Stateside and have an internet connection. Our new home will have it on Tuesday afternoon but I’m hoping the hotel we’re in this weekend will also have it.

I am drinking a toast to all the July Filers of 2007 and wish you all the very best of luck for the future. :thumbs:

Speak to you all again very soon.

Gillian

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHHHHH Gillian!!! I am SOOOO EXCITED for you!!! Fair play on the wine and swanky room - you're right - we all deserve a treat!!! Now I need to talk Jeremy into doing that - but we are going to have so many expenses when I first move out I don't think we are going to have time to revel in it!!!

Thank you so much for your kind wishes and I CAN'T WAIT to hear from you when you get to the other side :D And remember - we want wedding pics!!

*almost in tears like a saddo*

:cry:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I’ll soon be on my way!!

I fly out in the morning at 11am from Manchester Airport (thankfully not Heathrow, which is experience a few delays today!). :o

I’m currently very comfortably ensconced in the Radisson SAS at the airport with a glass of Chardonnay by my side. I wanted Zinfandel in honour of Debz and Aly but the mini-bar didn’t have any. :D

I’m paying £159 for one night here (without breakfast) and I’m drinking from the mini-bar – but you only emigrate once!! :lol:

Anyway, I will post on here once I’m Stateside and have an internet connection. Our new home will have it on Tuesday afternoon but I’m hoping the hotel we’re in this weekend will also have it.

I am drinking a toast to all the July Filers of 2007 and wish you all the very best of luck for the future. :thumbs:

Speak to you all again very soon.

Gillian

Congratulations Gillian! Enjoy your night and have a safe flight! And, of course, a very happy reunion with your husband to be! I'm so happy for you! *hugs*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh, it's so exciting! the first little chickie to leave the nest :cry:

(I know Marta already went but I think she was a June filer, wasn't she...?)

have a GREAT flight, Gillian! excellent good fortune to not be flying out of Heathrow, as you say :blink:

new life begins -

NOW :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Timeline

So...ummm...*invited* guest checking in. I have my invitation...ah...er...somewhere...I think I left it in the car. Hope that's cool. Brought my own beanbag chair though, sorry for all the spillage, looks like I'll need to duct tape that little bit too. Heh, can hardly see the actual bean bag for all the duct tape at this point.

Anyway, just wanted to wish Gillian a wonderful bon voyage, and an early "Welcome to the USA!" England's loss is certainly our gain and we're happy to have you here. :)

I am new here but I just received my NOA2 on 1/8/08 woohoo.....Anyone have a red beanbag?????....GO DAWGS!!!!

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-16

I-129F RFE(s) : 2007-12-17

RFE Reply(s) : 2007-12-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-08

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Marriage : 2008-05-10

CIS Office : Jacksonville FL

Date Filed : 2008-09-16

NOA Date : 2008-09-22

RFE(s) : 2008-10-10

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-16

AOS Transfer** : 2008-11-05

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-02-13

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2009-02-20

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-02-10

NOA Date : 2011-02-22

Bio. Appt: 2011-03-11

Comments : Check cashed on 2/16/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
So...ummm...*invited* guest checking in. I have my invitation...ah...er...somewhere...I think I left it in the car. Hope that's cool. Brought my own beanbag chair though, sorry for all the spillage, looks like I'll need to duct tape that little bit too. Heh, can hardly see the actual bean bag for all the duct tape at this point.

Anyway, just wanted to wish Gillian a wonderful bon voyage, and an early "Welcome to the USA!" England's loss is certainly our gain and we're happy to have you here. :)

Aww mox, you're such a sweetie! And always welcome with the July filers of 2007!!!

Defo - as we all make the move Stateside... EEP!!! Also (prolly already mentioned) I got accepted for Amex so can have a credit card when I move out there :D Can't wait to hear from Gillian... :unsure:

Moxie - we're talking about a drive up to Portland when I moev over so we'll have to stop by and meet up - maybe Nadya will be with you then as well :D

Tried to find a duct-taped bean bag but couldn't :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Timeline
Aww mox, you're such a sweetie! And always welcome with the July filers of 2007!!!

Aw shucks, thanks! :blush:

Moxie - we're talking about a drive up to Portland when I moev over so we'll have to stop by and meet up - maybe Nadya will be with you then as well :D

Oh cool! I was hoping she'd be out her sometime in April or May (and at one time, when CSC were really cooking with gas I thought March might even be a stretchy possibility) but unless CSC really gets their collective asses in gear it's looking more like summer now. :( Either way it would be fun to meet up as you guys drive through!

Well we won't be driving up til around the beginning/middle of July which is why I said!! It all depends on finances though - I would *love* to go on a road trip up to Portland but I'll have just moved over, jeremy would have to take unpaid leave (more of:P), we'll have just started renting, we'll be wanting to take more time and money to get legally married in Vegas... PLUS we wanted to arrange a July Filers meet-up (again - most welcome ;) ) at some point too - hopefully Vegas then we can get married and meet up at the same time :)

Lots of what ifs but Jeremy is good at figuring all that stuff out - he know what money we will have - I won't have much to speak of and what I do bring over I want to use for a mortgage eventually :) Wonder how Gillian is doing.. :)

Jeremy updated the story on our website as well - just editing it now :D

Actually I can't be bothered - I'll do it tomorrow... :lol:

Citibank stuff arrived as well but no Amex card yet - boo!! I want to find out my credit limit! I have NO idea what my credit rating is :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

YEY new router working but now the problem is power...it keeps going on and off. Joys of having gale force wind living in the #######-end-of-nowhere on the banks of the river at the bottom of a valley (wind tunnel). Official wind speed 65-70mph...valley wind speed anything up to 80mph. River already flooded other side and rising rapidly so probably gonna need to go help rents move the valuables upstairs soon. Anyways, just had a homemade healthy lamb curry. Now chilling out whilst my zinfandel breathes for a while. Low cal humous and low carb mini breadsticks stashed for munchies later. I'm able to fit in my "skinny jeans" you know the pair of jeans that every female has in their wardrobe that don't actually fit but you aim for them...well I got back in them this week. I'm back to the size I was when I was 19!!!!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Ahhh! So envious!! I am totally off the wagon at the moment - am stress eating which is never a good sign :( I figure once I move I can get into a better routine... I was a size 8 when I was 19 then my metabolism died so now I'm just flabby - it's gross and I hate it - got down to a 10/12 couple years ago but I just have no motivation at the moment - even my impending wedding hasn't helped. I don't know what is wrong with me :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm sat here drinking wine, eating houmous and watching futurama. I'm waiting on a call from my bro or his girlfriend (hopefully his fiancee by the time he calls) He's popping the question over a meal in London tonight. Then we need to start investigating UK visas as she is south african only here on a year by year employment type visa.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Eww :P

I had a random e-mail from someone who saw my site asking about family based immigration!!! I wasn't too sure what they were after but I pointed them in the direction of here :)

Have wine, just had Chinese (ok so 3 1/2 chicken balls and 1/4 portion of egg fried rice) and will poss nibble on some walkers sensations... also have carrot sticks (I buckled - they looked yummy - hopefully they will be sweeter and not so dry as the last ones), low fat houmous (plain, lemon & coriander and rocket), low fat creme fraiche... think that is it... oh - and dried apricots and turkish delight:whistle: I am so shattered tonight and I am so stressed and run down at the moment. My skin is awful, my diet is terrible and I am generally feeling pretty crappy. Can't even get excited about my wedding as am still terrified I won't be let into the country :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.