Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers~

4,632 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

our case didn't show up until over a week after the biometrics.

ohwell, we are here, so it doesn't really matter. (other than for feeling finally like a human being who really BELONGS here).

aly, i'm so jealous, i wish i had a kitten!!! (or a cool little dog, or a baby, i'm not picky LOL )

ok, off for the kitchen to cook dinner now.

see you!!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we put the package in the mail at LAST :D

we had it all ready by the end of last week but then this annoying little windstorm came along and closed down the post office :angry:;)

and we *gasp* sent it by normal mail :D

I know, I know... messin' with my LIFE, yet again... I must have a life-wish :P;)

:o :o :o Normal mail?!?!?! :cry: But, but, but.... that means now you are doomed! Dooooooomed I tells ye! :cry:

our case didn't show up until over a week after the biometrics.

ohwell, we are here, so it doesn't really matter. (other than for feeling finally like a human being who really BELONGS here).

aly, i'm so jealous, i wish i had a kitten!!! (or a cool little dog, or a baby, i'm not picky LOL )

ok, off for the kitchen to cook dinner now.

see you!!

Awww - well, is there a reason you can't get any of those? I know you want to move before babies but... ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
we put the package in the mail at LAST :D

we had it all ready by the end of last week but then this annoying little windstorm came along and closed down the post office :angry:;)

and we *gasp* sent it by normal mail :D

I know, I know... messin' with my LIFE, yet again... I must have a life-wish :P;)

:o Woman, are you mad???? Don't you realize your whole LIFE is in that envelope????? Once again, throwing caution to the wind.

*shakes head* Mavericks.

Jeremy has five days off starting today - yippee!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Dave's had the whole week off, because power is STILL not restored to his building :D

it doesn't count as sick leave, or holiday, and he got paid for the full 40 hours :)

we've done loads of clean-up, and been to the movies, and had lie-ins every morning (well, we get up between 7am and 8am, but as we usually get up at 5.30am that feels like midday :D )

we feel so bad, to actually be enjoying the aftermath of Ike... well, a bit bad ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Dave's had the whole week off, because power is STILL not restored to his building :D

it doesn't count as sick leave, or holiday, and he got paid for the full 40 hours :)

we've done loads of clean-up, and been to the movies, and had lie-ins every morning (well, we get up between 7am and 8am, but as we usually get up at 5.30am that feels like midday :D )

we feel so bad, to actually be enjoying the aftermath of Ike... well, a bit bad ;)

Don't be! I know I would be loving it unashamedly!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys - haven't posted here in ages, but just wanted to pop in and say that we FINALLY have our AOS interview date (Jeraly can update the spreadsheet!!!) YAY!!!! We were never transferred to california so we have to go the actual interview (but I have come to discover - through endless profile searching - that Seattle people seem to rarely get transferred. almost all seem to have gone through the interview at the local office) anyway, we have an interview Oct 24th! I am soooo excited and a bit nervous- the checklist of stuff to bring is overwhelmingly long and I haven't had to gather this stuff up for a while. But at least we are finally at this stage :) the only bummer is that Matthew's parents arrive from London the day before for a visit, so we will have to find something for them to do that day. anyway - for those of you keeping eyes on timelines, it took 7 1/2 months from the time we filed AOS to the actual interview!

We are happily getting down to 'normal', Matthew has a job he loves, has passed his driver's test and we bought his first car!!! we have been working endlessly on our house and just settling into married bliss :) every now and then I have to remind myself that this time last year was sooooo painful and hard and we had no idea when NOA2 was coming and all that. I am just still so damn happy he is actually here - and here to stay :) We are looking forward to getting the greencard so we can travel back to london next spring for a visit....I just keep thinking how strange that will feel! after a year of living between the two countries (I made 9 trips back and forth - a flight almost every month since I was basically living there, but had commitments here I had to show up for!!) to go back and visit and then come home together.....will be totally crazy!!!!

anyhoo - hope everyone is doing well and settling in!

Sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi guys!

I envy everbody whose spouse doesn't have to work, and therefore can enjoy a long weekend!

i can't believe the weekend is already over!!!! dang.... my boss is a pain in the neck lately...

anyway, happy for you guys!!!!!

@ aly.... well, the baby option is dependent on money and erics income wouldn't be enough. and to put a newborn into daycare just really isn't what I would want to do. a dog - but what would be do with the dog when we are in europe for nearly a month in december? a cat - eric is highly allergic. he loves to play with them, but after 2h or so he starts to show big time breathing problems and stuff. *sigh* guess it will be my teddy bears and me for a while...

@ sara: welcome back and congratulations to the interview apt!!! the interview is really painless if you prepare and bring the stuff that they put on the list. they didn't even want to see the cert. copy of our marriage license. just financial stuff in both names, and pictures because she was curious.

happy sunday night to everybody!!!!!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Agnes - Hrmmm - well if it is any consolation I know that we were able to put Daisy into a boarding place when we came out to AZ so maybe a dog wouldn't be so bad - cat is a bummer though - my dad has the same problem :( And I totally agree with you on the baby thing - we need to be making enough money for me to stay at home, or even if I am able to work from home as daycare is expensive and I want us to bring our children up, not someone else :)

Sara - great news about the interview!! You are sooo lucky to have your own place. I can't wait until we can afford to buy so we can decorate and accessorise with colours other than the gross ones we have here! It could be worse though so I can't really complain - I guess we all have to start somewhere and as this is the first time Jeremy or I have had a place to call our own it isn't so bad :)

Kitten is currently perched on top of my head (all of his own accord!) Jeremy is taking photos as I type so I will try and put them up soon! Daisy is slowly getting used to him. Today he tried to swat her on the nose(!) and she only miaowed at him instead of trying to bat him back so that is a major improvement! She has sniffed him a couple of times as well but it all has to be on her terms - if he tries to approach her she goes wild!!

Jeremy has two more days off before he has to go back to work and today we have to take the duvet to the laundromat as the little guy pooped in his litter tray last night but stood in it when trying to cover it up and then walked all over the bed. So we were up at like 4.30am mopping the floor and cleaning kitten paws!!! Fun fun!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm right now wondering if english Muffin has arrived in Charlotte yet, and if so, how her trip was?

Nice to see you Sara! Glad to see you guys have an interview on the horizon! Good luck!!

Aly, the kitties will settle eventually! Hope you and Jeremy have made the most of his days off. I wish I could take some time off just for us, but its not really possible at the moment. Will take a long weekend in Oct. though, so looking forward to that!

For all of you who want kids but can't have them yet for whatever reason, my advice is just enjoy the time you and your spouse have together. Once you have kids you won't have that alone time together, so enjoy it now while you can!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm right now wondering if english Muffin has arrived in Charlotte yet, and if so, how her trip was?

Yes, I arrived today. :D

The journey was very long but uneventful. I really don't like driving long distances on highways - I'm just grateful my car has cruise control. :thumbs:

I'm in a hotel until either Thursday or Friday when the movers will be arriving with my stuff so I can relax for a while and chill out. I shall go to my new apartment to pick up the keys tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that. :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

well guys, looks like we are moving right along =]

if you check out the updated timeline, you will see why

well it seems that adriano is thinking of heading back to ny since he has had no luck finding work here, and feels very isolated since he can't speak to anyone...so i am supporting him with his decision even though it makes me sad to see him go...i figure that he has sacrificed so much for me by coming here (to america, and then to the middle of nowhere lol) that i can at least be understanding and let him take care of himself a lil...plus, it will allow me to be much more efficient with my studies, because i wont have to worry about rushing home to my husband who is bored out of his mind...looks like we will be back to the long distance thing, although ny-indiana isn't quite as bad as usa-italy/albania...he will be staying with my sister until he gets a place of his own and going back to his old job there, which he loved...im trying to be optimistic, but of course its hard...i cant help but think that this time it will be more difficult in a way, because we have lived together now for 6 months, whereas before we had never really lived together...i just have to tell myself that we got through it before, and we can do it again :unsure:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Aly, the kitties will settle eventually! Hope you and Jeremy have made the most of his days off. I wish I could take some time off just for us, but its not really possible at the moment. Will take a long weekend in Oct. though, so looking forward to that!

For all of you who want kids but can't have them yet for whatever reason, my advice is just enjoy the time you and your spouse have together. Once you have kids you won't have that alone time together, so enjoy it now while you can!

Yeah - Daisy jumped onto the bed at 5am this morning which she hasn't done in a while as Riley likes to sleep in between Jeremy and my heads! She jumped between us, miaowed at Riley when he went to sniff her then after standing looking bemused for a while she lay down on my side for five minutes before jumping down and going back to the living room. It means she is forgiving me a little even if she is still unsure about the kitten. And yes, when I said on my side, I meant actually on my ribs :lol:

As for kids - I totally understand Julez - especially as Jeremy and I have had comparatively little time just to be "us" throwing a baby in the mix right now would be hard work - we still have a lot of growing together to do as well and the kitten has given us a taste of being up every few hours, cleaning up poop and whatnot!! I am sure babies are much harder work but it has been an interesting test :D

Yes, I arrived today. :D

The journey was very long but uneventful. I really don't like driving long distances on highways - I'm just grateful my car has cruise control. :thumbs:

I'm in a hotel until either Thursday or Friday when the movers will be arriving with my stuff so I can relax for a while and chill out. I shall go to my new apartment to pick up the keys tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that. :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yay! Gillian! How are you feeling? Have you spoken to Scott yet? How is he holding up? How are you holding up? It'll be nice to chill out in a hotel for a little while then settle into your new home - a bit of a fresh start and let you get your head straight on things as well a bit - hopefully things will start to pick up for you now :D

well it seems that adriano is thinking of heading back to ny since he has had no luck finding work here, and feels very isolated since he can't speak to anyone...so i am supporting him with his decision even though it makes me sad to see him go...i figure that he has sacrificed so much for me by coming here (to america, and then to the middle of nowhere lol) that i can at least be understanding and let him take care of himself a lil...plus, it will allow me to be much more efficient with my studies, because i wont have to worry about rushing home to my husband who is bored out of his mind...looks like we will be back to the long distance thing, although ny-indiana isn't quite as bad as usa-italy/albania...he will be staying with my sister until he gets a place of his own and going back to his old job there, which he loved...im trying to be optimistic, but of course its hard...i cant help but think that this time it will be more difficult in a way, because we have lived together now for 6 months, whereas before we had never really lived together...i just have to tell myself that we got through it before, and we can do it again :unsure:

Aww Susie - it is so lovely that you are going to support him even though it is hard for you to see him go. Is there anyway that you can go to NY for work/school as well? If you are working in a research field then it might be something you could look into and will let you see him more often too :) You're very brave taking a big step like that and if eventually you want to move back to NY then Adriano will hopefully have things all set up there when you move back after school :D How long do you have to be in Indiana for?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Yay! Gillian! How are you feeling? Have you spoken to Scott yet? How is he holding up? How are you holding up? It'll be nice to chill out in a hotel for a little while then settle into your new home - a bit of a fresh start and let you get your head straight on things as well a bit - hopefully things will start to pick up for you now :D

I speak to Scott every day (and email too) and he is doing ok. He got laid off last week and he says that he's started looking for jobs in Charlotte, so things could be looking up soon. :D

Right now I feel that I need to tread very lightly when it comes to Scott and let him make decisions in his own time rather than rush him. He did tell me before I left that he doesn't consider the marriage completely over at the moment, he just needs some time to sort himself out. He's told me every day since I left that he's really missing me - hopefully we'll be able to work things out before too long. :thumbs:

I went to my new apartment today and it's lovely - I can't wait to move in now. Looks like the movers are arriving on Friday so I can chill out for a few days. :)

Aww Susie - it is so lovely that you are going to support him even though it is hard for you to see him go. Is there anyway that you can go to NY for work/school as well? If you are working in a research field then it might be something you could look into and will let you see him more often too :) You're very brave taking a big step like that and if eventually you want to move back to NY then Adriano will hopefully have things all set up there when you move back after school :D How long do you have to be in Indiana for?

Those are the same positive thoughts that I am trying to keep in my head right now. Thanks for the encouragement Aly!

I am looking into ways that would allow me to conduct research in NY, and I think it might be possible since my research is concerned with language, and particularly comparing how the brain functions with regard to one's native language. I don't know if that makes sense to other people, but NY would essentially provide a great outlet in order to cover a range of different native language populations. I am also in the process of working out some details of teaching a seminar in NY during my spring break in March. It wouldn't allow me much time to see Adriano, because I would be very busy, but it's better than nothing. And yes, we are most likely going to move back to NY once I get my PhD, so hopefully he will have some things set up for us there. I will finish school in either 4 or 5 years, at which time I will promptly high tail it out of Indiana lol. I hope to get a job at a university in NY (Columbia, pleaseeeeeeee lol). We would consider moving back to Italy though, if the opportunity should arise, but that is still up in the air.

Wish us luck!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.