holidaygift

IR1 receive blue paper,need sponor.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife received the blue paper at her interview in China recently.

The VO said she needs us to have a co-sponsor in the US since I have been in China for 7 years and didn't pay any tax.

Well, our tax return has more than 40000usd declared every year for the last 3 years with money in the bank in the US, I told this info to another VO in China in citizen meeting, she said: there must be misunderstanding, our income does not require the co-sponsor.

Which one should we listen to?

The thing is: I can't find any co-sponsor in the US. My mom is on social security and is in cancer stage 4, terminal. Her income wouldn't qualify her to sponsor us and there are no others will provide 3 year income tax (it's private) for us, we are on our own.

Any suggestions?

My wife needs to hand in the material next week.

Ps. we have been married for almost3 years.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The VO said she needs us to have a co-sponsor in the US since I have been in China for 7 years and didn't pay any tax.

Well, our tax return has more than 40000usd declared every year for the last 3 years with money in the bank in the US, I told this info to another VO in China in citizen meeting, she said: there must be misunderstanding, our income does not require the co-sponsor.

The thing is: I can't find any co-sponsor in the US. My mom is on social security and is in cancer stage 4, terminal. Her income wouldn't qualify her to sponsor us and there are no others will provide 3 year income tax (it's private) for us, we are on our own.

Any suggestions?

It sounds like a misunderstanding but you give few details.

Please indicate just what you provided in the way of an affidavit of support, including details of the supporting documentation.

Are you employed or have documented income in US Dollars that will continue from the same source once you enter the US?

Continuing from the same source is a key issue. If you will arrive in the US unemployed, without at least 3 times the appropriate minimum income in liquid assets, you may well require a US sponsor, but only one tax return is required. Another option is to return to the US, find a job and then continue or restart the visa process. Many expatriates precede their relatives in returning (during the visa process) to the US for exactly this reason.

You might be able to include a statement of explanation that convinces the VO your spouse won't become a public charge but it's no sure bet.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Any suggestions?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You paid filed your Federal income tax in USA for 2004, 2005 and 2006 and had an income over $40,000.00.

That should, indeed, be more than enough to meet the requirements for your Affidavit of Support.

How many people did you list in your household in the Affidavit of Support?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Any suggestions?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You paid filed your Federal income tax in USA for 2004, 2005 and 2006 and had an income over $40,000.00.

That should, indeed, be more than enough to meet the requirements for your Affidavit of Support.

How many people did you list in your household in the Affidavit of Support?

Not if he lives in China and the income won't continue from the same source when he returns to the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am sure he filed a foreign earned income tax credit on the 2555. I faced the same issue and had to come back to the US to start getting paid here in the US even though its from the same company. Most companies pay from a local legal entity even though they might be called Xxon, they really are not legally. Xxon S/A is not the same as Xxon Inc.

All my tax documents show 0 for 2000 thru 2006.

M.

IR-1 Visa, I-130

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage: 2002-02-02

DCF:

Interview: 2008-04-02

POE: 2008-04-11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.