missing.my2angels

VWP crossing Niagara today

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

I thought I would write to tell you all about todays journey through the Rainbow bridge crossing today.

First of all I made it across so i can spend 3 months with my 2 angels. There was a lot of doubt as I had a visa rejected in November by the London Consulate.

With me I took, bank statements to show I could afford to travel, Booking of accomodation in Myrtle beach although we will not be going there now :), Job offer letter for March and a tenancy agreement.

I got bombarded with questions some of which were as follows

Why do you travel so much? Because I love it

Where in the middle east have you been? I haven't

Yes you have, the stamps are in your passport? No that is Tunisa and Egypt which are in Africa and not the middle east

Where are you staying? Myrtle beach

Why did you fly into Canada? To visit family first

We were then sent to the place to have further questions and fill in the form. More questions up there were

What has changed between Nov and Now? Nothing

But you said you were redundant? I explained that it is different to the redundancy in the US and that I can get my old job back although I have another lined up ( showed job offer )

Why have you got an American Bank account? Because it saves getting charged with my English one all the time.

Are you 2 dating? yes

how did that occur? explained everything

Let me see your wallet? showed them

Why have you got a darien lake pass? because it was $40 for one visit or $70 for a year!!!!!

More questions about how I knew by SO

They then called up my SO and asked the same sort of questions.

Then they went down and looked through the car and came back and asked more pretty standard questions along the same lines to ensure your story was still the same. The border officer than told me not to worry about all the questions as they are not trying to stop people entering the country as long as they intend to stay and to expect lots of questions in future visits. Thanked me for having all the info I carried as it meant I could prove I intend to return to the uk, told me the cowboys suck and to have a good trip :)

Still can not believe I got across after tourist visa denial but I am and am going to enjoy the next 3 months and hopefully get our K1 on the go :):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline
Hello all,

I thought I would write to tell you all about todays journey through the Rainbow bridge crossing today.

First of all I made it across so i can spend 3 months with my 2 angels. There was a lot of doubt as I had a visa rejected in November by the London Consulate.

With me I took, bank statements to show I could afford to travel, Booking of accomodation in Myrtle beach although we will not be going there now :), Job offer letter for March and a tenancy agreement.

I got bombarded with questions some of which were as follows

Why do you travel so much? Because I love it

Where in the middle east have you been? I haven't

Yes you have, the stamps are in your passport? No that is Tunisa and Egypt which are in Africa and not the middle east

Where are you staying? Myrtle beach

Why did you fly into Canada? To visit family first

We were then sent to the place to have further questions and fill in the form. More questions up there were

What has changed between Nov and Now? Nothing

But you said you were redundant? I explained that it is different to the redundancy in the US and that I can get my old job back although I have another lined up ( showed job offer )

Why have you got an American Bank account? Because it saves getting charged with my English one all the time.

Are you 2 dating? yes

how did that occur? explained everything

Let me see your wallet? showed them

Why have you got a darien lake pass? because it was $40 for one visit or $70 for a year!!!!!

More questions about how I knew by SO

They then called up my SO and asked the same sort of questions.

Then they went down and looked through the car and came back and asked more pretty standard questions along the same lines to ensure your story was still the same. The border officer than told me not to worry about all the questions as they are not trying to stop people entering the country as long as they intend to stay and to expect lots of questions in future visits. Thanked me for having all the info I carried as it meant I could prove I intend to return to the uk, told me the cowboys suck and to have a good trip :)

Still can not believe I got across after tourist visa denial but I am and am going to enjoy the next 3 months and hopefully get our K1 on the go :):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am the other half that went through this with OP it was nerve wracking as I have never had to go through anything like this before. I think the car search was the worst as I was quite embarrassed by having them going through all my personal things. But we were truthful with our answers.. so this answers anyones questions about how many times you can come in under the VWP 4 so far in a 8 month period and yes you can travel under the VWP after you previously have been denied a visa and its only been 6 weeks since he was denied that visa.

i am thrilled though that he is here and it was worth the headache!

So glad you made it through though wow - what a load of questions?!?! I hope I don't get bombarded with so many next month or I think I might cry!!!

Did you plonk down all the paperwork first or did you wait to see what they asked? I'm really nervous about going through Dublin but figured it is best to go through there so I can relax over the Atlantic!! And 3 months with your OH sounds like bliss!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
So glad you made it through though wow - what a load of questions?!?! I hope I don't get bombarded with so many next month or I think I might cry!!!

Did you plonk down all the paperwork first or did you wait to see what they asked? I'm really nervous about going through Dublin but figured it is best to go through there so I can relax over the Atlantic!! And 3 months with your OH sounds like bliss!!!

Thank you Jeraly, It was a long time but I do not think it was bad. My other half panicked a little bit but I was cool as a cucumber thanks to vj and all the advice I had.

I did not show them anything unless they asked for it but had it all just in case. The things that swung it I think were the job offer from my friend, the 16 page tenancy agreement ;) ( they did not care it was at my parents as long as you say it is a proper contract.

Things to be careful of are carrying things in your purse / wallet that show you are so serious but then again if you have the K1 paperwork you should not have to worry about that as they know you are serious. You will be fine on your journey Jeraly, just make sure you have lots of time between landing in Dublin and flying on to the states. Like I said before, I have been in the states for 5 and a half months during 3 trips in the last year and still got another 3 months. They also said that they are not trying to keep people apart they just want to make sure you are doing everything by the book.

I will keep my fingers crossed for your trip but I know you need no luck and you will be with your sweetheart very soon.

I know - but it is still really nervewracking - I have no problem keeping on my engagement ring and things and anything that looks in the slightest bit dodgy is going with my mum!! Did you have to show the past payments for your "rent" or did you not bother with that?

I am expecting a letter from my employer (the agency at least) soon and I have to get mum to fill out the paperwork - I printed it all already :D

Ooohhh - I just hate not knowing - I wish I could fly out tomorrow and be done with it!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
I know - but it is still really nervewracking - I have no problem keeping on my engagement ring and things and anything that looks in the slightest bit dodgy is going with my mum!! Did you have to show the past payments for your "rent" or did you not bother with that?

I am expecting a letter from my employer (the agency at least) soon and I have to get mum to fill out the paperwork - I printed it all already :D

Ooohhh - I just hate not knowing - I wish I could fly out tomorrow and be done with it!!

They did not ask for old ones but I had one to show that I had paid for the next 3 months and that if I moved out before the contract ended i would have to pay 2 months to close the contract ;)

We are not supposed to be in the US until tomorrow but as we were so close we could not resist crossing a couple of days early. Everyone over here were really happy that I had made it and got a round of applause from the people at the local bank :)

It is so nice to be where I consider home now.

Again do not worry and just remember that YOU ARE DOING NOTHING WRONG so do not feel nervous :)

:lol: A round of applause?!?! :lol:

Could you send me the document you used to show you had paid for the next three months? I'm just trying to think of the best ways to show I have ties to my home country and I am still really nervous about it all - it is really playing on my mind even though I know things will be ok - It is driving me slowly crazy I swear :/

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

It all sounds like a nightmare! I'm impressed that you managed to keep cool - I get nervous when asked questions no matter how innocent I know I am.

Good luck to Jeraly for next month, too.

It seems to me that they've tightened security recently...when I travelled in 2006 it was a breeze; I was still let through easily last year but the number of questions and checks seem to have doubled, and I was really lucky to be the only person in the queue who wasn't held up or interrogated in any way.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Yeah - I get the same way - I feel really guilty even if I know I have done nothing wrong - I am sure it shows... Ohhh - I hope i get through next month... Ok - so that was the understatement of the century!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for sharing this experience.

I have planned a trip to the US next month. Hoping that everything will be alright. Will be taking pretty much the same documents with me as you did.

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.