dillydally

hmmm random question...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well my hubby had his interview... and el hamdulillah it went well!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: well they gave the standard two weeks and you will get your visa...and said they will be using DHL...bas inshAllah kheir :) I hope it comes in that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) EL HAMDULILLAH ITS OVER!!!!!...well at least until we get the visa inshAllah :)

now a random question...alrighty...so my hubby had his passport taken from him...and fingerprints and all that good stuff...but my question is...should he have received some sort of packet of forms to take to the airport at the port of entry...like i know inshAllah he will receive his visa...but someone told me there is a packet he should give to the officer at the POE...and now i am confused because my hubby did not get anything other than the DHL receipt...??? any clues on this... what exactly whenever he does get the visa so i am prepared inshAllah should he present at POE... is it just the passport...or what?? he is applying for a CR1...ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated!! i really hope the cairo us embassy did not forget to give him something...that would truly upset me :( take care!!! :)

Edited by dillydally

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

well my hubby had his interview... and el hamdulillah it went well!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: well they gave the standard two weeks and you will get your visa...and said they will be using DHL...bas inshAllah kheir :) I hope it comes in that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) EL HAMDULILLAH ITS OVER!!!!!...well at least until we get the visa inshAllah :)

now a random question...alrighty...so my hubby had his passport taken from him...and fingerprints and all that good stuff...but my question is...should he have received some sort of packet of forms to take to the airport at the port of entry...like i know inshAllah he will receive his visa...but someone told me there is a packet he should give to the officer at the POE...and now i am confused because my hubby did not get anything other than the DHL receipt...??? any clues on this... what exactly whenever he does get the visa so i am prepared inshAllah should he present at POE... is it just the passport...or what?? he is applying for a CR1...ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated!! i really hope the cairo us embassy did not forget to give him something...that would truly upset me :( take care!!! :)

First and foremost... congratulations to you and your family!!! What a great way to begin 2008.

My hubby went in exactly 2 weeks ago and was told "2 weeks until visa..." and he was made to pay DHL, etc. He wasn't given anything other than the DHL receipt either so I don't think the consulate forgot to give your husband anything.

Of course, for us, 2 weeks has gone by and no visa as of yet!!! I've emailed already and received a response. Basically saying it hasn't been issued but they'll "expedite" the processing now. Whatever that's worth!

Good luck and congrats again! :)

Summer 2003- We met (in the U.S.) and began dating.

Summer 2004- My SO moved back to Egypt; I spent a month there with him.

December 2004- SO called my parents and got permission to ask for my hand in marriage; They said yes, of course!

Christmas 2004- I traveled back to Egypt and accepted his proposal while we were on the sands by the Red Sea...

July 2005- Got married; I moved to Egypt

Nov. 2005- Began the immigration process!!!

July 2006- Hubby's immigrant "interview" at embassy in Cairo was no interview- told to file waiver for past visa overstay

Aug. 2006- Waiver sent from Cairo to Athens

April 2007- Waiver transferred from Athens to Rome

August 2007 - I moved back to U.S. from Egypt in anticipation of waiver approval (just had a feeling!!) and to continue my career because my 2 year work contract had expired in Cairo and my wondeful job was still here waiting.

Nov. 2007- Waiver approved... thank the good Lord!!!!

Dec. 2007- Interview- but not really an interview- just had to sign the updated DS230; Told to expect visa in 2 weeks.

Jan. 2008 - Visa in hand! It actually did arrive in 2 and a half weeks... Hubby back in our home 2 days later!!!

Feb. 2008- Green Card arrives

Today and everyday- Loving life back in our home, having a blast, enjoying every moment with family and friends, praying for all of you still waiting! Miracles DO happen!!!

Timeline

also...how do you KNOW for sure that the visa is being sent to you when tracking the receipt number on DHL.com??? i mean how do you know whether or not it will be in AP or AR (inshAllah no :( i will cry)...but what are the indications?? please let me know and thank you!! :)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

congratulations

I think he should receive a brown envelope along with the IV in his passport .

At the POE he will present the brown envelope to the officer and then has his passport stamped.

also...how do you KNOW for sure that the visa is being sent to you when tracking the receipt number on DHL.com??? i mean how do you know whether or not it will be in AP or AR (inshAllah no :( i will cry)...but what are the indications?? please let me know and thank you!! :)

I think they would have given you a form called 221g, if you were going into AR or AP. Of course, one never knows with this embassy, so don't take that as the gospel truth.

When I received my email from them today, it said nothing of further processing. It basically said, "The visa has not yet been issued. We will send a note to the officer in charge to have it expedited."

Keep the faith... it's coming soon!!!!!!!!

December 2004- SO called my parents and got permission to ask for my hand in marriage; They said yes, of course!

Christmas 2004- I traveled back to Egypt and accepted his proposal while we were on the sands by the Red Sea...

July 2006- Hubby's immigrant "interview" at embassy in Cairo was no interview- told to file waiver for past visa overstay

August 2007 - I moved back to U.S. from Egypt in anticipation of waiver approval (just had a feeling!!) and to continue my career because my 2 year work contract had expired in Cairo and my wondeful job was still here waiting.

Dec. 2007- Interview- but not really an interview- just had to sign the updated DS230; Told to expect visa in 2 weeks.

Jan. 2008 - Visa in hand! It actually did arrive in 2 and a half weeks... Hubby back in our home 2 days later!!!

Today and everyday- Loving life back in our home, having a blast, enjoying every moment with family and friends, praying for all of you still waiting! Miracles DO happen!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

First of all, congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

I think AP/AR is standard for everyone on a K visa, not sure about for CR-1.

In any case, 221g, as far as I know, is only if you are being denied, and you weren't.

Hopefully someone else with more info about CR-1 in particular will come along with an answer.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance: Congrats! :dance:

He'll get the brown envelope when they return the passport with the visa in it (inshalla). It will all come in the same DHL, so don't worry, they didn't forget to give him anything ;)

As far as the g-221 goes, that's only for rejections or requests for more documentation. In Cairo it seems that there is no way to tell if you are in AP until you are in it... they pretty much tell everyone the 2 weeks thing. Granted, several of us have gotten it in that 2 weeks, but there really doesn't seem to be an indicating factor until you recieve that DHL.

I think calling DOS is more effective than trying to contact the embassy, they don't give you much info :angry:

Inshalla, you will hear soemthing soon :thumbs:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

congratulations

I think he should receive a brown envelope along with the IV in his passport .

At the POE he will present the brown envelope to the officer and then has his passport stamped.

Make sure you tell him 1000 times do NOT open the envelope out of curiosity or any other reason. It is for the POE officer and must be intact when they get it.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What great news , I hope everything goes by fast for you :):dance:

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

How did I miss this post ?????

Congratulations -- sounds like everything went very well at the interview !! :dance: :dance: :dance: Best of luck for a speedy finish to your process and hope to hear the visa is in hand very soon !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Hi, Dillydally! Just to update you on my hubby (who was recently told the two weeks until your visa just like your hubby...)

I got an email today saying visa was issued yesterday, expect it today or tomorrow in the mail. If it really arrives, it will have taken 2 weeks and a few days. Hope you also have a speedy, positive outcome!!!

:)

Timeline

thanks for the responses everyone... well the status on DHL has not changed :( but inshAllah everything will be ok (I pray to Allah there is no AP or AR...I really REALLY miss my hubby :cry: ) and i am praying for all of us waiting on visas :) cairo seems to be working hard lately so inshAllah kheir!!! and inshAllah everyone will have their visas in hand soooooooooooooooooon :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE VISA HOPEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I am so happy for you dear!!!!! :) inshAllah you and your loved one will be reunited soon and have a wonderful future together!!! :) Take care dear :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hopeful, congratulations on the visa :dance::dance:

DillyDally, I hope you hear something really soon.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

thanks for the responses everyone... well the status on DHL has not changed :( but inshAllah everything will be ok (I pray to Allah there is no AP or AR...I really REALLY miss my hubby :cry: ) and i am praying for all of us waiting on visas :) cairo seems to be working hard lately so inshAllah kheir!!! and inshAllah everyone will have their visas in hand soooooooooooooooooon :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE VISA HOPEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I am so happy for you dear!!!!! :) inshAllah you and your loved one will be reunited soon and have a wonderful future together!!! :) Take care dear :)

Thanks, Dillydally! DHL tracking now shows visa is on its way as of this afternoon, Cairo time. He should have it tomorrow and we're hoping for a weekend return to the States!!!

Keep those visas rolling, Cairo!!

Best to all still waiting!

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.