692 posts in this topic

Okay so had our interview today. I had all the copies and originals of everything they asked for. They took us in, asked to take an oath for speaking the truth and nothing but, verified name, address, date and place of birth, parents' names. that's it! you're approved! didn't ask for any proof of anything, no further discussions. will recieve a 10 year greencard in 3 weeks.

it took 7-8 minutes tops.

hope the rest of you have a similar experience.

good luck

Painless wasn't it ?? :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! I got my 2 year GC last Sat.

1/11/2008: Sent out AOS package and I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

1/13/2008: Package Received

1/17/2008: Checks Cashed

1/23/2008: Receive NOAs (I-130,I-485, AP and EAD) dated 1/16/2008

2/11/2008: Receive ASC Appointment Notice (I-485 and I-765) dated 2/1/2008

2/29/2008: Biometric Appointment

3/4/2008: AP touched - request for additional info

3/7/2008: EAD touched - Approved

3/12/2008: Receive EAD

3/15/2008: Receive I-512L x 2 - dated 3/4/2008

7/10/2008: Interview Letter Received

8/20/2008: AOS Interview and GC is approved!

8/27/2008: Receive welcome letter dated 8/21

8/30/2008: Receive my GC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
so why do some have a 2 year greencard and others 10 year?

As what ive read in here, if the case was approved and the marriage is less than 2 years then they received the 2 year conditional green card (which need to lift conditions before 2 year Conditional GC expires). But if the case was approved at the time that marriage is more than 2 years then they received the 10 year GC and dont need to lift conditions but need to wait for 3 more years before they apply for citizenship. :star:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Are there any Jan 08 filers left?

Still waiting for Seattle office interview.

I am still waiting in Seattle too. They are supposed to be working on cases from late December or early January now.

Seattle info Feb 2008 filers

I hope that link works. I will post again as soon as I receive my appointment letter. We should be pretty close together, we filed within a few days of each other.

Edited by Visionhaze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Are there any Jan 08 filers left?

Still waiting for Seattle office interview.

I am still waiting in Seattle too. They are supposed to be working on cases from late December or early January now.

Seattle info Feb 2008 filers

I hope that link works. I will post again as soon as I receive my appointment letter. We should be pretty close together, we filed within a few days of each other.

Thanks. Interesting timeline differences! Yours was filed first, but mine was receipted first and I had my biometrics a couple of days before yours. What does that say about FIFO? :blink:

I've wondered if they treated AOS from I-129 on a different timeline that concurrent I-130 filing.

Looks like maybe they don't and it's all a toss up whether some applications get stuck on someone's desk under a more difficult case or something.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this wait might be over before the end of the year. :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I just had my interview. It was a breeze, ten minutes, asked few questions like are you a terrorist? and what not. Told me to wait outside and came back with a letter. He never explained the conditional requirements nor does the letter mention anything. What does this mean? 10 year or 2 year? and When I sat down, first thing he did was took my I-94.

12/13/07 - Married to the girl of my dreams

01/10/08 - Sent AOS, EAD, and AP via Fedex

01/11/08 - AOS, EAD, and AP Received

01/18/08 - NOA1 for all three & soft touch

01/25/08 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

01/26/08 - RFE for I-864

02/05/08 - RFE mailed

02/07/08 - Biometrics Appointment and CRIS Email that RFE Rec'd and Case Processing has Resumed

07/15/08 - Interview Notice Dated

07/19/08 - Interview Noticed Rec'd

09/09/08 - Interview - Los Angeles DO -- APPROVED

09/09/08 - Card Production Ordered

June 11 2010 -- REMOVE CONDITIONS

09/12/10 Conditions Removed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/13/11 Filed N400

07/15/11 Priority Date

07/17/11 NOA1 Rec'd

08/16/11 Biometrics Appointment

09/14/11 NOA for Interview Rec'd

10/31/11 Interview

11/3/11 NOA in Queue for Oath Scheduling

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we filed jan 20088 and we had our interview 2 weeks ago... but we are still waiting, they told us we would hear something by mail but nothing yet... they took AP but let me keep EAD i would of rather had it the other way around and me keep the AP, I hope to hear something soon so i can relax for a bit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

the guy took my I-94 and told us we're approved. didn't give us a letter or anything. and said we'll get the card in the mail in 3-4 weeks. we have no proof that we are approved or that we even showed up for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
the guy took my I-94 and told us we're approved. didn't give us a letter or anything. and said we'll get the card in the mail in 3-4 weeks. we have no proof that we are approved or that we even showed up for the interview.

Frustrated, did it shop up online? CRIS Sent me an email saying Card Production Ordered. The letter was generic as possible be. IT's like a photocopy and they just write your name on it. I can scan it if anyone wants to see it.

12/13/07 - Married to the girl of my dreams

01/10/08 - Sent AOS, EAD, and AP via Fedex

01/11/08 - AOS, EAD, and AP Received

01/18/08 - NOA1 for all three & soft touch

01/25/08 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

01/26/08 - RFE for I-864

02/05/08 - RFE mailed

02/07/08 - Biometrics Appointment and CRIS Email that RFE Rec'd and Case Processing has Resumed

07/15/08 - Interview Notice Dated

07/19/08 - Interview Noticed Rec'd

09/09/08 - Interview - Los Angeles DO -- APPROVED

09/09/08 - Card Production Ordered

June 11 2010 -- REMOVE CONDITIONS

09/12/10 Conditions Removed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/13/11 Filed N400

07/15/11 Priority Date

07/17/11 NOA1 Rec'd

08/16/11 Biometrics Appointment

09/14/11 NOA for Interview Rec'd

10/31/11 Interview

11/3/11 NOA in Queue for Oath Scheduling

Timeline

frustrated and skykate: What are your local offices?

So far Seattle looks to be the worst for us Jan filers.

Anyone waiting on another office?

I'm feeling frustrated because I've got to spend another whole day driving into Seattle and waiting hours and driving back again just to get a second biometrics done (for EAD) because I didn't file it originally. I wouldn't have bothered to file EAD now, if I could have even had a shred of hope that I'd have the GC to get SSN by the end of the year.

:huh:

Timeline
Hi,

I just had my interview. It was a breeze, ten minutes, asked few questions like are you a terrorist? and what not. Told me to wait outside and came back with a letter. He never explained the conditional requirements nor does the letter mention anything. What does this mean? 10 year or 2 year? and When I sat down, first thing he did was took my I-94.

If you haven't been married for 2 years, it will automatically be a 2 year conditional. I'm surprised there was no mention of the conditions removal. Maybe they include that information in with your GC?

Good luck and I hope your card arrives soon.

:star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Frustrated, did it shop up online? CRIS Sent me an email saying Card Production Ordered. The letter was generic as possible be. IT's like a photocopy and they just write your name on it. I can scan it if anyone wants to see it.

my case was never on line so no, I didn't get an email update on this either. and I checked online status, still not there. I'm just hopeful that somebody is doing their job and that the greencard will show up in the mail in the next week or two. it's only been 2 weeks since the interview.

also, our office is St Paul, MN.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.