Jeraly

Letter from Employer

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I'm trying to draft a letter from my "employer" which is basically the agency I work for. So far I have one sentence:

"I am writing to confirm that X will be returning to work for Y following her holiday to the USA on Monday March 3rd 2008."

It just seems a little... sparse...? Or is this really all I need with some headed paper?!

An answer in the next five minutes so I can send the mail might be a bit hopeful but would be greatly appreciated if so!!!

Cheers!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The Guides page has much useful info, such as Affidavit of Support Tips.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thank you so much!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The Guides page has much useful info, such as Affidavit of Support Tips.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

Whoa! Hang on a sec Jeraly. This letter is the employer letter that goes along with your fiance's affidavit of support that HE will need to get from HIS employer. I believe you are looking for a letter to take with you when you come to the US for your honeymoon following your UK wedding right (so they don't give you a hard time at the border)? Then you're returning to the UK to wait for your K-1 visa interview correct? I'm still a little confused on your plans, correct me if i'm wrong.

If so, I would say definitely on letterhead, signed original by your employer. Make sure you have the date you are leaving the UK and the date you are returning. It it has been long term employment maybe stating the length of employment might help (if not, i'd not say that). That should be all you need. I'll see if I can find any other info on it and let you know.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Thanks CBR! I kinda adapted it a bit anyway but here are our plans (please for those of you who don't know me, please don't judge me - we are merely trying to make the best of a bad situation :P)

[nutshell]

Going to the US in Feb for three weeks to have our wedding ceremony (non-legal) as everything was already booked. Having honeymoon then returning to UK to wait out rest of visa. Have no intention of staying/breaching visa conditions because frankly, I am not a moron - just a little misinformed when we started this whole process. Wanted letter to confirm I will be returning to work to show if Immigration so desire. I work for an agency as a long term-temp (have been working for a company since July that the agency put me with) but my employer is actually the agency and not the company i am working at if that makes sense.

[/nutshell]

I'm at home now or I could have posted what I sent to the agency - I'll have to wait til Monday now :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
Whoa! Hang on a sec Jeraly. This letter is the employer letter that goes along with your fiance's affidavit of support that HE will need to get from HIS employer. I believe you are looking for a letter to take with you when you come to the US for your honeymoon following your UK wedding right (so they don't give you a hard time at the border)? Then you're returning to the UK to wait for your K-1 visa interview correct? I'm still a little confused on your plans, correct me if i'm wrong.

If so, I would say definitely on letterhead, signed original by your employer. Make sure you have the date you are leaving the UK and the date you are returning. It it has been long term employment maybe stating the length of employment might help (if not, i'd not say that). That should be all you need. I'll see if I can find any other info on it and let you know.

If they marry, and visit the USA and then return to the UK, they wont be waiting for a K-1 visa that visa application will be nullified by the marriage, they will then be starting over with a new petition, this time filing an I-130 for a CR-1 visa.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

I'm not getting legally married.... oh this is soo frustrating......

We are having a ceremony with no legalities - no license, no certificate, no signing the register because we are not stupid enough to breach visa conditions. We booked the wedding back in April when we were being quoted 6-7 month processing times and didn't know any better.

In order to save ourselves and our families thousands of dollars we decided to go ahead with the ceremony and have a legal wedding later on the K-1 visa...

Does that make sense?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
I'm not getting legally married.... oh this is soo frustrating......

We are having a ceremony with no legalities - no license, no certificate, no signing the register because we are not stupid enough to breach visa conditions. We booked the wedding back in April when we were being quoted 6-7 month processing times and didn't know any better.

In order to save ourselves and our families thousands of dollars we decided to go ahead with the ceremony and have a legal wedding later on the K-1 visa...

Does that make sense?

Yep consider it an engagement party, we did the same shortly after we got the K-1, we had a nice reception party in China befor traveling to the USA, and then had the legal marriage in the USA.

:thumbs:

Timeline

If they just go through the motions and don't sign any papers the marriage isn't legal. It' just like a party so the family can celebrate with them. Isn't that ok? And if they US lets her visit her fiance for a week it shouldn't be a problem to go back and wait for the interview and proceed as planned.

I'm not an expert of course. I sure hope this doesn't cause any problems for you Jeraly!

Oops lol i'm waaay too slow! Just saw the above 2 posts.

Edited by CBR

3/9/11 date of NOA

Lol - yeah it's a party - hadn't thought of it like that :lol: But yeah - what we are doing is totally legal - it just looks dodgy to an IO because it is easy to prove you are married but not so easy to prove you aren't!!

Like I said - I don't think I will get any problems but I want to be prepared in case they do ask questions :) I wish I could get more excited about it but I worry about Immigration more than I am excited!! I am so paranoid I don't even want to post pics on facebook or anything just in case it looks bad if someone finds out!!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi guys!

I'm trying to draft a letter from my "employer" which is basically the agency I work for. So far I have one sentence:

"I am writing to confirm that X will be returning to work for Y following her holiday to the USA on Monday March 3rd 2008."

It just seems a little... sparse...? Or is this really all I need with some headed paper?!

An answer in the next five minutes so I can send the mail might be a bit hopeful but would be greatly appreciated if so!!!

Cheers!!

Do you have to be a full time employee because I am part-time because I was going to school full time and I just graduated but I do make above the 125% poverty level? Can someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

.png

.png

Ok - here is the letter I drafted using the example posted and a few additions:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to confirm that [NAME] has been employed full-time with [EMPLOYMENT AGENCY] since July 23rd 2007 as an Administrative Assistant, and is an employee in good standing with an hourly wage of £7. I can confirm that [NAME] will be returning to work for [EMPLOYMENT AGENCY] following her holiday to the USA on Monday March 3rd 2008.

Signed

[NAME, Supervisor (or other position)]

Can anyone think of anything else to add? Re-word some parts? I am employed with a company through an employment agency as a temp but I obviously want to avoid using the word temp in the letter as it doesn't really suggest ties to my home country. I haven't heard back from the agency yet but will post when I do :)

@kgnj - this is for entering the US while applying for the visa - not to do with the affidavit of support :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

Jeraly I think that sounds good. I personally don't think your wage is any of their business though as this isn't for affidavit of support. I'm sure it won't hurt but I just think that's not their business.

3/9/11 date of NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.