AubreyJ

OK, here's the lowdown

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

His appointment was scheduled for 7:30, so naturally he got there a little before 6!! And there were already hoards of people there, too. After they opened and the crazy mad dash, he had to wait in line to pay his visa fee for "a million years" When he brought up all of the documents, they had some trouble sorting through it, because he had brought anything and everything that had anything to do with us, including a lot of non-supportive things like pictures without both of us!

When he finally got to his interview he was in for a surprise. The CO was a man that he had met the previous time he was at the embassy who had told him that when he came back he would 'make him happy!' So he asked him all the usual questions, like when did we meet, how long was I here, how did we get into a relationship, and a lot about my work and family. Pretty standard. Then he looked at all the proof that Awal had brought and laughed! He said "yes, this is really the real relationship that we are looking for." And they took my affidavit without much second thought, which was the part I was super worried about! Then he said, 'you remember I said I would make you happy? Well I am going to get your visa today.' But alas. Akai has not, after months and many assurances that it had, sent the results to the embassy. Can't say I wasn't warned! So he gave him the 3rd of May to come back and get it when the CO was working. Some of the other people were given dates three months from now to come back- geez, that place can be awful.

So he gets his yellow slip and goes to to Akai. When he originally went, I told him of the trouble I had heard of people having with Akai, and told him to be sure that it got sent to the embassy. So the man there said something along the lines of "Well, at first I liked you. But then, remember you kept telling me to send it, and I got angry, so I told you I did, but didn't" with an awful sadistic look on his face. Ayiyi... So for some reason he had him go to Holy Trinity where he had the X ray done and get another copy of it.. even though he had one already, which cost him a chunk of change.. and now he has to go back to Akai and pay the guy some made up 'fee'... but I'm so beyond caring at this point, I'm just thanking God that he was approved! Approved, approved.... sigh. I love that word!!!

10-2004 Meet my one and only

05-05-06 Picked up the VISA

05-22-06 My baby's home! Once day short of a full year apart

08-14-06 Married!!!

02-24-07 Green Card in Hand

07-21-07 The REAL Wedding in Ghana

06-12-08 Our beautiful baby joins our lives :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Glad to hear it is working out for you.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hopefully Akai doesn't give him too much more trouble, or perhaps he can show up some day when that man isn't working!

Kanyiri

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.