ilovemaya

???K1 visa petition have some questions...?????

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

hi everyone, at first, thanks for this forum, it is truly helpfull!!! :thumbs:

i am beneficiary to K1 visa and i am just working with my us fiance on paperwork we need to get done and so i have tuns of questions...

our situations goes like this: we know each other for 1.5 yrs and have 3mths old baby together already. My fiance was visiting with me here in europe for last 3 mths and so he did not have any us employer. Recently he returned back to us to look for one since he need to fill out I-134. He has not even much money on his account. So my first question: Is there any chance we will get approved if he will just recently find a job n he wont have much on his account?

Now my fiance has already taking care of his two kids, so i suppose those he has to put in in I-134 question 8, is that right?

about form I-134..do i fill that one out too? I know we have to have 2 one for us consulate n one for me for interview..but do we need his n mine for us and his n mine for interwiev? :wacko:

important as well....i was living in us for last 4yrs ofcourse not legaly, does that somehow make it all just worse for us? Will they even allow me in? :help:

THANKS for any answears you can send me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n happy new year to everybody n good luck with what we all r trying to acomplish!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Did you enter the US using the Visa Waiver Program? If you have overstayed any visa for more than 360 days then you are banned from entering the US for 10 years.

My K1 Timeline

06 09 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

08 09 2007 I-129F received by VSC

11 09 2007 NOA1

13 09 2007 Check cashed

16 01 2008 NOA2 (126 days since NOA1)

31 01 2008 Packet 3 received

06 03 2008 Packet 3 sent to Embassy (I took my sweet time gathering documents)

14 03 2008 Packet 4 Received

09 04 2008 Interview APPROVED

18 04 2008 Visa in hand :0)

22 07 2008 POE JFK (EAD stamp given without even asking)

02 08 2008 Wedding

AOS

18 08 2008 AOS sent

21 08 2008 AOS received at Chicago lock box

11 09 2008 Biometrics

25 09 2008 Case transfered to CSC

Timeline
Did you enter the US using the Visa Waiver Program? If you have overstayed any visa for more than 360 days then you are banned from entering the US for 10 years.

hi, thanks for replyin, well somewhere on oficial webside i found out that if you overstay more than 1year you r not allowed for 10years exception of few cases n one of them was fillin the petition K1 visa, isnt that right? :(

hi everyone, at first, thanks for this forum, it is truly helpfull!!! :thumbs:

i am beneficiary to K1 visa and i am just working with my us fiance on paperwork we need to get done and so i have tuns of questions...

our situations goes like this: we know each other for 1.5 yrs and have 3mths old baby together already. My fiance was visiting with me here in europe for last 3 mths and so he did not have any us employer. Recently he returned back to us to look for one since he need to fill out I-134. He has not even much money on his account. So my first question: Is there any chance we will get approved if he will just recently find a job n he wont have much on his account?

Now my fiance has already taking care of his two kids, so i suppose those he has to put in in I-134 question 8, is that right?

about form I-134..do i fill that one out too? I know we have to have 2 one for us consulate n one for me for interview..but do we need his n mine for us and his n mine for interwiev? :wacko:

important as well....i was living in us for last 4yrs ofcourse not legaly, does that somehow make it all just worse for us? Will they even allow me in? :help:

THANKS for any answears you can send me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n happy new year to everybody n good luck with what we all r trying to acomplish!!!

Is there any chance we will get approved if he will just recently find a job n he wont have much on his account?

Does he have anyone who can co-sponsor with him?

put in in I-134 question 8, is that right?

He will need to put that info on the I-134, yes. I'm assuming "question 8" is the right spot. This comes into factor when comparing income/assets against the 125% poverty line rule

do we need his n mine for us and his n mine for interwiev?

You only need one copy of the I-134, signed and notarized. You will take it to the U.S. Embassy for your visa interview.

does that somehow make it all just worse for us? Will they even allow me in? :help:

You will need a waiver. No guarantee that you won't still be declined as a result, but I'd suggest going for it. I'm not sure how serious a 4-year stay is. Perhaps someone with experience in the matter can chime in on this one. http://www.americanlaw.com/q&a136.html

Good luck!

Edited by Jesse G

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Take a look at this thread here.

I'd say a 4 year overstay is a very serious problem. I would consult a good immigration lawyer.

Best of luck to you!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline
Take a look at this thread here.

I'd say a 4 year overstay is a very serious problem. I would consult a good immigration lawyer.

Best of luck to you!

thanks!!!!so much, it was definitely helpfull...

as far as i understand if i marry him, we should b fine...one questions pops out though...so if i worked illegaly in us, should i put it in G-325A where they want your work for past 5yrs? or should i rather say i did not worked in us?

THANKS!!!

as far as i understand if i marry him, we should b fine...one questions pops out though...so if i worked illegaly in us, should i put it in G-325A where they want your work for past 5yrs? or should i rather say i did not worked in us?

THANKS!!!

I would suggest telling the truth on any and all forms you submit to them.

Get the idea of withholding evidence right out of your head.

Lying is very serious and will only make the situation worse for you. They find our you lied on the G325A (which they will)...huge trouble.

Be honest. You will need a lawyer I'm afraid, one who really knows what they are doing because you are in a very risky situation.

Just because you marry him doesn't mean it will clean your slate. You overstayed and worked in the U.S. illegally. I'm afraid you are going to have a rough road ahead of you.

I do wish you the best in this process and hope you can figure out how to straighten this out.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"as far as i understand if i marry him, we should b fine"

Unfortunately not. Simply marrying your fiance will not make it all fine.

If you had married your fiance whilst you were in the States and then stayed in the States whilst you went through AOS, then generally your overstay would have been forgiven and you would have most likely successfully adjusted status. However, that is not the case now as you have left the States (and banned for 10 years), so just marrying your fiance will not make everything OK. You need to file a waiver as has been suggested, however theres no guarantee that this will be approved (a higher chance that it will be declined than approved) before you file for K1. You have nothing to lose by filing for it though so you might as well go for it.....if you just go ahead and file for K1 then the petition will be declined due to your ban so theres no point in worrying about what you will put on your G-325A at the moment as you are not in any position to file right now.

If the waiver is unsuccessful, is there anyway your fiance could come and live with you in your home country whilst you wait out your ban?

As has already been suggested, you need to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer before you do anything.

My K1 Timeline

06 09 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

08 09 2007 I-129F received by VSC

11 09 2007 NOA1

13 09 2007 Check cashed

16 01 2008 NOA2 (126 days since NOA1)

31 01 2008 Packet 3 received

06 03 2008 Packet 3 sent to Embassy (I took my sweet time gathering documents)

14 03 2008 Packet 4 Received

09 04 2008 Interview APPROVED

18 04 2008 Visa in hand :0)

22 07 2008 POE JFK (EAD stamp given without even asking)

02 08 2008 Wedding

AOS

18 08 2008 AOS sent

21 08 2008 AOS received at Chicago lock box

11 09 2008 Biometrics

25 09 2008 Case transfered to CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

you need a lawyer and you will need a waiver (I-160) for the illegal stay. Definitely. Before applying for the waiver you need to have to be denied the visa, which will happen because of the overstay.

And above poster is correct, marrying your fiance won't solve the problem.

I am going through the waiver process myself. There is no guarantee of approval, but for the best chance you need a thorough application packet, and this includes a "hardship letter" - a letter explaining why it would cause extreme hardship to the US citizen if the waiver is not granted (why it would cause extreme hardship to the US citizen if he has to live in your country). "Extreme hardship" does not mean emotional distress from the separation, or ordinary financial difficulties. Do some research on this and you will see what kinds of things are meant by extreme hardship. Some people do this on their own, but I suggest a lawyer to help you identify what can be used as "extreme hardship" in your case and help you prepare the application. Good luck

Shannon 명철

Timeline

oh well, thanks to everybody, sounds like i am in dificulet situation then...nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :crying::help: this is just an night mare........i tought i saw somewhere that even though u face 10year not bein allowed cuz u overstayed it is all excused onec fileing K1 visa to marry USC.........guess im going to do some look for this.. :(

thanks to all of you!!!!

This is a personal and off-topic question, but have you considered immigrating to the Czech Republic?

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

i saw somewhere that even though u face 10year not bein allowed cuz u overstayed it is all excused onec fileing K1 visa to marry USC.

I wish it was that easy.

Keep hope alive (F)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Sorry to read about all the problems. Don't give up! if you go through the process it will be worth it. Don't let it scare you.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.