Missing.him

NEED SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok so here goes

I love this site first of all because it makes me realize i am not the only one~~ and the info is fantastic!!

I met the love of my life (david) a year ago... its been a rough road with me having a hard time with finalizing a divorce because of custody issues with my 2 year old. looks like that should be done within the next month (fingers crossed)

David and i spent a lot of time together for the last 6+ months. Now he is back in the UK and we are waiting to be able to file our 129f....

We have been away from each other for a month now and i feel like i could lose my mind ( i am sure many of us feel this way), Raising a 2 year old by myself, working, taking care of a home, winter weather in NY (YUCK) ,m some minor but nonetheless medical issues that affect my sleep. IT is awful without Davids daily support here. We use Skype and talk all day long which is nice but not the same....

SO anyway sorry about the rambling vent

BUT I AM TIRED and the process has not even started yet! I am sad for my daughter who misses David and does not understand why he cannot come to see her :(

How do you all stay so positive???

anyway just wanted to get that off my chest feel better that we are all essentially going through the same thing

misery loves company and all... but i want to keep a :) on my face!!!!

So i welcome all comments and messages to help keep my mind occupied for the next 8 months or so !!!

David and I met online December of 2006 and spent a year getting to know each other online and with visits! He proposed to me July 2007 onstage at my Favorite bands (candlebox) concert in Florida .We found out we were expecting a child January 31st sadly due to an ectopic pregnancy we lost the baby and almost lost me as well on February 8th. We then decided to get married if my long and drawn out divorce finalized before David was due to go back on April 13th

Divorced finalized March 20th

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

4/11/2008 I 130 , I 485, 1765 and I131 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

4/21/2008 first NOA for everything

5/17/2008 RFE for Affidavit of support

5/20/2008 mailed in response to RFE

5/22/2008 Biometrics

6/10/2008 EAD Card production ordered!!!!

6/10/2008 I131 Approved YAY we can visit England again!! (nobody from there could make our short notice wedding)

10/28 Interview date

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok so here goes

I love this site first of all because it makes me realize i am not the only one~~ and the info is fantastic!!

I met the love of my life (david) a year ago... its been a rough road with me having a hard time with finalizing a divorce because of custody issues with my 2 year old. looks like that should be done within the next month (fingers crossed)

David and i spent a lot of time together for the last 6+ months. Now he is back in the UK and we are waiting to be able to file our 129f....

We have been away from each other for a month now and i feel like i could lose my mind ( i am sure many of us feel this way), Raising a 2 year old by myself, working, taking care of a home, winter weather in NY (YUCK) ,m some minor but nonetheless medical issues that affect my sleep. IT is awful without Davids daily support here. We use Skype and talk all day long which is nice but not the same....

BUT I AM TIRED and the process has not even started yet! I am sad for my daughter who misses David and does not understand why he cannot come to see her :(

anyway just wanted to get that off my chest feel better that we are all essentially going through the same thing

So i welcome all comments and messages to help keep my mind occupied for the next 8 months or so !!!

Deep breaths, we've all been thru it! :)

I'm not sure why you say so, but he can come visit.....

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6

Timeline
Ok so here goes

He has been here 3 times on the VWP and the last time stayed the whole 3 months then when was denied a B2 visa November 26th , was told he would have almost a zero chance to come in under the vwp again...

David and I met online December of 2006 and spent a year getting to know each other online and with visits! He proposed to me July 2007 onstage at my Favorite bands (candlebox) concert in Florida .We found out we were expecting a child January 31st sadly due to an ectopic pregnancy we lost the baby and almost lost me as well on February 8th. We then decided to get married if my long and drawn out divorce finalized before David was due to go back on April 13th

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

5/22/2008 Biometrics

6/10/2008 I131 Approved YAY we can visit England again!! (nobody from there could make our short notice wedding)

10/28 Interview date

Ok so here goes

He has been here 3 times on the VWP and the last time stayed the whole 3 months then when was denied a B2 visa November 26th , was told he would have almost a zero chance to come in under the vwp again...

oh, if that's the case - you are correct. I'm sorry!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Ok so here goes

Is hard to stay possitive, but you have to push yourself, thats what I am doing.

Jan 6th is gonna be the 7th month that I am apart from my husband....I miss him a lot!!! :( And this visa process is seems to be like forever.

So, according to my schedule from my work I am more then happy that I work tomorrow (retail store) and my job is the only place that keeps my mind busy(I am hoping this gonna be the last new year been apart from my man).

And remember, you are not the only one who is struggling with being apart from your love of your life, there is a many of us, especially here on VJ.com :)

Happy New Year!!!

Hi,

I feel your pain. My Jamie has been gone now for 7 months, I have been to see him once in England and we have met half way in Canada(I am in California)...we talk on Skype every day and some days are harder then others. It's a wierd place to be in, knowing you have someone but they are not here.....all of my single friends want to go out and meet guys and my married friends are doing the couples thing so I am stuck. But keeping a positive attitude is important, being around family and friends that care about you, and trying to live for today instead of just passing the time....I think the holidays are more difficult then other times because you want to be together and with the person you love. Have you considered trying to have him come here on the vacation visa and then getting married? We wish we would have done that because we will have been going on a year by the time everything is done. Well keep you spirits up, whatever you decide to do you just have to be mentally ready for it.

Take Care,

Jodi

Ok so here goes

Jodi and Jamie's Timeline!!

05.24.2007 - I-129F Sent

05.25.2007 - I-129F Received

10.19.2007 - Called CSC to find out why we didn't get NOA 1

10.22.2007 - NOA2 Received by email

10.23.07- Touched

11.13.07- NVC Recieved Case

11.14.07- Called NVC to recieve Case #

11.15.07 Case Left NVC...sent to Embassy in London

11.29.07 Package #3 recieved by Jamie in England

12.1.07 Forms sent back to the Embassy, waiting now for package 4 with interview date...........

12.3.07 Package 3 arrived at Embassy

12.6.07 Medical Appt.

12.15.07 Police report arrives after 39 days(and on a Saturday!)

12.17.07 Spoke with DOS, London Embassy has all the paperwork they need and they have reviewed the case, no IV date yet set, she said will be 2 months out. UGHHHHHHH. COME ON PEOPLE!

1.11.08 Package 4 arrived

3.3.08 James arrives in the US!

3.7.08 Married at the courthouse!!

9.20.08 Wedding date

02.14.08 Interview date

2.14.08 APPROVED!!!!!

4.2.08 Filed AOS and Work Permit

4.17.08 NOA 1

4.24.08 DMV Appt

4.30.08 Biometrics Appt.

7.7.08 Work permit arrived

7.23.08 Travel document arrived

7.24.08 Still waiting for drivers license to show up, it's been 2 months since he took the test.

9.20.08 Wedding!!! What a beautiful Day it was!

11.10.08 Greencard interview...Passed!

11.24.08 Greencard to arrive.......still waiting......

We don't stay positive all day every day. The waiting is an up and down struggle, some good days and some bad, but always worth it. Going through this process tests the core of the relationship, in our case we made it and learned to above all talk and to be close from across the world from each other. Best to the two of you and happy new year.

What makes you think we DO?

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We don't stay positive all day every day. The waiting is an up and down struggle, some good days and some bad, but always worth it. Going through this process tests the core of the relationship, in our case we made it and learned to above all talk and to be close from across the world from each other. Best to the two of you and happy new year.

Perfectly said, Some days ARE harder than others and staying positive was a struggle at times. I remember that some days or should I say months were pure HELL to us. You will succeed as long as you have the perseverance and the will to do so. It wasnt easy for us or everyone else that went through this. You will get through it.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Other Timeline

That was my exact thought.......... :lol:

I remember having good and bad days. Good and bad moments.

Now that he's here - we have good and bad days - good and bad moments.

It's difficult to explain to those still separated how, in the weirdest way, once you are finally together for good all the separation melts away. It's almost as if it never happened - if you were truly connected to begin with, that is.

The time you are making for each other now - once you are together in real life - it's hard to duplicate that. It really is. My husband and I find ourselves occasionally saying how we desperately don't want to lose that ability to talk to each other. We HAD to talk when we were apart. Once you're together for good, the things you've been longing for - the touches, the constant togetherness - believe it or not they won't hold you together if you forget to communicate.

I guess I've decided that each step of our marriage has different 'sweets' and 'sours'. There is sweetness to the separation because it forces you to talk and learn. The sour is obvious. Once you are together, your challenge will be to not take each other for granted. Just like regular married couples.

Because it is, at the end of the day, real life after all.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Perfectly said, Some days ARE harder than others and staying positive was a struggle at times. I remember that some days or should I say months were pure HELL to us. You will succeed as long as you have the perseverance and the will to do so. It wasnt easy for us or everyone else that went through this. You will get through it.

I concur. :yes:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's difficult to explain to those still separated how, in the weirdest way, once you are finally together for good all the separation melts away. It's almost as if it never happened - if you were truly connected to begin with, that is.

The time you are making for each other now - once you are together in real life - it's hard to duplicate that. It really is. My husband and I find ourselves occasionally saying how we desperately don't want to lose that ability to talk to each other. We HAD to talk when we were apart. Once you're together for good, the things you've been longing for - the touches, the constant togetherness - believe it or not they won't hold you together if you forget to communicate.

I guess I've decided that each step of our marriage has different 'sweets' and 'sours'. There is sweetness to the separation because it forces you to talk and learn. The sour is obvious. Once you are together, your challenge will be to not take each other for granted. Just like regular married couples.

:thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

:thumbs:

Thanks.... everyone it does help so much to know that there are all of you here to talk to when I cannot hold it together some days and vice versa I will be here for anyone else that needs some :)

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

5/22/2008 Biometrics

10/28 Interview date

Beautiful post, rj :thumbs:

I was one of the "lucky" ones, as I was able to be with my husband the whole time we were being processed, and I think my time on VJ really opened my eyes to exactly how lucky I was. Those of you who have to be apart -- wow. Your patience, love and devotion is inspiring.

To the OP -- you can do it! I understand the whole waiting for a divorce thing, and how everything is put on hold until you fully extricate yourself from a relationship that died a long, long time ago. We had to postpone our wedding 3 times while we waited for my decree absolute. In the end I had a very unseemly 12 days as a gay divorcee before I remarried. :blush: Anyway, if you need moral support, don't hesitate to come on over to VJ for some big helpings!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

divorce because of custody issues with my 2 year old. Raising a 2 year old by myself, We use Skype and talk all day long which is nice but not the same....

Whats your kid doing all day while your talking? Your kid should come first.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow