khaandyce

EAD problems

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi All,

Ok so here is th story:

My EAD is long overdue ... we sent in the application at the end of July (AOS - I130, I485 and I765). The receipt date on my NOA is July 31 2007, however it seems that they are using the date on the NOA which is September 5 2007. Anyway that isn't even the problem. Anyway you look at it, it is over the said 90 days. I made an infopass appointment (I live in Vegas by the way) and they said there was nothing they could do and I should call the 1800 number. So I went home and did that and they put in a service request. Anyway today I got a letter that states:

"The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a loinger processing timre. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below."

Has anyone ever gotten this type of letter before? And is there anything I can do but wait? My CRIS hasn't been updated since September 5th.

Thanks for all responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Info-Pass and see if you can get EAD stamp from field office. It has been more than 90 days since NOA.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for the response...

I went for an Infopass on Dec 18th and they don't me that that office does not issue EADs / temp EADs and I'd have to wait and call the 1800 #.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went for an Infopass on Dec 18th and they don't me that that office does not issue EADs / temp EADs and I'd have to wait and call the 1800 #.

What is your adjustment of status based on, for example, did you come in on a K1, etc? This sounds horrible, I hope that something can be done about it soon.

Timeline

What is your adjustment of status based on, for example, did you come in on a K1, etc? This sounds horrible, I hope that something can be done about it soon.

Sorry, I looked back on your old posts and answered my own question. Have you got AP yet? Is the F1 status and overstay a problem did the USCIS say?

Timeline

Sorry, I looked back on your old posts and answered my own question. Have you got AP yet? Is the F1 status and overstay a problem did the USCIS say?

We didn't apply for AP and they haven't said anything, that's whats got us so fustrated... nobody seems to know anything and we keep getting the run around and being told to either call or come back at a later time or just told to plain wait, yet nobody is telling us anything.

Timeline
Hi All,

Ok so here is th story:

My EAD is long overdue ... we sent in the application at the end of July (AOS - I130, I485 and I765). The receipt date on my NOA is July 31 2007, however it seems that they are using the date on the NOA which is September 5 2007. Anyway that isn't even the problem. Anyway you look at it, it is over the said 90 days. I made an infopass appointment (I live in Vegas by the way) and they said there was nothing they could do and I should call the 1800 number. So I went home and did that and they put in a service request. Anyway today I got a letter that states:

"The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a loinger processing timre. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below."

Has anyone ever gotten this type of letter before? And is there anything I can do but wait? My CRIS hasn't been updated since September 5th.

Thanks for all responses.

Maybe contact your congressman, they may be able to help you through this nightmare. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

oh sad...i assume this is the first EAD We also waited a darn long time. I would say contact the elected officials AND see if you write to the ombudsman. I did this and visited my senators' staffers in DC.

best of luck!

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi There,

I'm still in the same process as you are. We had an infopass appointment with the las vegas office and they told us there was a hold put on our account and he can't figure out why because they completed the biometrics and the background check. After dropping a few "f-bombs" on the USCIS guy who told me on Monday that it would be 2-4 months more for my EAD, my husband and I decided to get our congressman involved. I'm not sure how much it will help but it has to be better than calling the national phone line and being told that they is nothing they can do.

I'm not sure if they just don't want people in vegas to work, or if they are screwing over the people who filed right before the fee increase deadline. I am seeing people's timelines who filed in October and are approved. So much for them doing them in order of the date they recieved it.

When I called USCIS at the begiining of December, about a week after my infopass appointment, they told me if I wasn't approved by January 7th, that they would issue an immediate temporary EAD. I'm not holding my breath. I guess the government doesn't realize how important it is for people to be employed.

Timeline
Hi There,

I'm still in the same process as you are. We had an infopass appointment with the las vegas office and they told us there was a hold put on our account and he can't figure out why because they completed the biometrics and the background check. After dropping a few "f-bombs" on the USCIS guy who told me on Monday that it would be 2-4 months more for my EAD, my husband and I decided to get our congressman involved. I'm not sure how much it will help but it has to be better than calling the national phone line and being told that they is nothing they can do.

I'm not sure if they just don't want people in vegas to work, or if they are screwing over the people who filed right before the fee increase deadline. I am seeing people's timelines who filed in October and are approved. So much for them doing them in order of the date they recieved it.

When I called USCIS at the begiining of December, about a week after my infopass appointment, they told me if I wasn't approved by January 7th, that they would issue an immediate temporary EAD. I'm not holding my breath. I guess the government doesn't realize how important it is for people to be employed.

Hi lgoodale,

I guess they must have come to Vegas and lost some money or had a terrible time that's why they're being so crappy to people from Vegas... :whistle: When I last called USCIS (on Dec 24), they put in a request for expedited service and gave me a refernce number. My husband and I are also going to try and get our congressman involved, hopefully it does something ... or at very least light a fire under their bottoms at USCIS.

My husband is so aggravated, that he says he's going to write to the govenor :lol::yes:

Filed: Other Timeline

As of yesterday, we now have our congressman involved. My husband faxed them a letter yesterday with a timeline detailing all the run around we have been getting from USCIS and all the different answers we get each time we call the help line or go in for an info pass appointment. I'm hoping this will get us somewhere!

khaandyce, I think it's odd that you got a notice in the mail a few days ago regarding your infopass appointment. I had my appointment on December 6th, and haven't recieved a single notice or phone call, and they told me they put in a service request. This is just so frustrating. I don't even care if they don't approve my residency for a year or so, but unfortunately I need to work! :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Really, what about contacting the President of the USA or Prime Minister of Canada? :unsure:

Contact your congressman. When I did this my EAD magically appeared.

Idiot.

You are a useless drag on this board and never post factual or beneficial information. Your posts are always stupid and you are an arrogant pompous jerk. Go find a fishing forum to troll on.

Edited by bradcanuck

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.