happyimmigrant

Montreal consulate

86 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to bust anyone bubble, but I would assume things would slow down over the summer, as the staff will be taking holidays!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I talked to Montreal today. They are unable to tell me anything about when I might see an interview date. They did tell me however that:

- They are experiencing huge backlogs

- They are currently booking appointments for late June and early July

dang...if they are already into july and you are still waiting, i'm looking at august at best! guess i best hold off on the lease termination. :huh:

k

yeah would wait for everything to fall into place.

we had our case complete @nvc on april 20th.

no idea when we be summoned to montreal.

will wait and see what date they give us,

then hopefully I can arrange it for a suitable date.

laters red d

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called them today. (First-time caller!)

Since I live in Montreal, and work like a block away, I wanted to know if there was any way I could pick up and drop off Packet 3, instead of going through the mail, to save a few days.

The guy I spoke to said absolutely not. That everything goes through the mail.

To top it off, he talked down to me when I mentioned that my application was currently on its way to the NVC from the CSC. :blink: He was under the impression that I wasn't aware there had to be an interview first, and that I thought all I would need to do is pass by and pick up the approved visa, any day now. (I almost laughed out loud.) So then he explained how they will send me "info" which I need to fill out and send back, after which I would get an interview date. (I let him talk, because I didn't want to annoy him.)

When I asked him how long the backlog was (to get independant confirmation), he said that if they got my "info" today, I could expect to get an interview in 3 or 4 months. I'm pretty sure that by "info", he meant my application sent from the NVC, and not a returned packet 3.

Interpreting it that way would mean that they are now booking appointments for the second half of July, which is pretty much what everyone else has been saying. :crying:

Oh, and when I asked if I could ever be called to take the place of someone missing their scheduled appointment (since I could be there 5 minutes after they call me), he told me that they NEVER re-book cancelled appointments, which is pretty much what I assumed, since they have 'X' amount of people all show up when they open and take numbers, but I needed to ask anyway. (I'm a patient guy, and I wasn't trying to cut in line or anything, just wouldn't want to let a free spot go to waste!) :D

Now Amber (F) and I have to figure out a new wedding date, since August 19 is out of play, and I have to start arranging somewhere to live after July 1st! :unsure: Oh, joy! :(:(:(

Edited by JEDI

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Timeline

hey all!

I think I'm just about to shoot myself!!!!!!! :angry::protest::ranting:

check out my timeline, then maybe you're gonna understand... I HAVE BEEN WAITING THE LONGEST!!!!!! it's over 400 days now, and since Montreal is experiencing backlogs it seems like the interview is gonna be in COUPLE of MONTHS not even WEEKS!!!!

dammit, this is the longest, frustrating process I've ever gone(still going) through.... this totally sucks...... on top of everything I just lost my job YESTERDAY, and looking for a new one for the TIME BEEING... by the way, I worked for T-Mobile tech support.... it was fun while it lasted..... all the ppl that called for help were ppl from the US since there's no T-Mobile in Canada hehehe

back to the topic of waiting... it seems like we're all in the same boat, and that this should be the fastest stage now, but it doesn't seem so........

take care

don't worry, it HAS TO COME dammit!!! ;o)

cheers

Elunia28 :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hey all!

check out my timeline, then maybe you're gonna understand... I HAVE BEEN WAITING THE LONGEST!!!!!! it's over 400 days now, and since Montreal is experiencing backlogs it seems like the interview is gonna be in COUPLE of MONTHS not even WEEKS!!!!

dammit, this is the longest, frustrating process I've ever gone(still going) through.... this totally sucks...... on top of everything I just lost my job YESTERDAY, and looking for a new one for the TIME BEEING... by the way, I worked for T-Mobile tech support.... it was fun while it lasted..... all the ppl that called for help were ppl from the US since there's no T-Mobile in Canada hehehe

back to the topic of waiting... it seems like we're all in the same boat, and that this should be the fastest stage now, but it doesn't seem so........

take care

cheers

Oh Elunia, do I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

I just got off the phone with Montreal for my bi-weekly status update call. I was quite persistent in asking questions, and they told me that based on the date of receipt of my packet 3 (March 16), and the dates they are currently processing, that I should have an interview date in the first week of June.

Hope that gives you some hope!

Timeline

I just got off the phone with Montreal for my bi-weekly status update call. I was quite persistent in asking questions, and they told me that based on the date of receipt of my packet 3 (March 16), and the dates they are currently processing, that I should have an interview date in the first week of June.

I don't know about Elunia, but it sure gives ME hope!

I'm about two months behind you (NOA2 last week), so that might mean early August for me, which is still a month too late for my liking, but I could live with that.

Whatever happened to:

I talked to Montreal today. They did tell me however that:
  • - They are experiencing huge backlogs
    - They are currently booking appointments for late June and early July

Looks like it's not as bad as I thought.

Hey, if ever you want to trade dates, buddy, just say the word! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by JEDI

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

hey all!

take care

cheers

1st week of june? well that's a better time frame than what you were told last week, no? so that could put me in the 1st week of july. hmm....i'm thinking that entering that race in early august wasn't a good idea. or it was since i'd rather be moving than racing. even though this one does have cake for afters :yes:

k

Timeline

hey.......

gsmaclean - that's GOOD NEWS :dance: , that means I'll have mine at the end of June, since I'm behind u like 3 weeks or something like that........ but then again u never know until it comes.........

:idea: just a question...... do I have to call Montreal to find out????? does it help when u call, or what? if there's a point to call them I will.......... every day!!! hehehe

I really can't wait for this thing to be over, just to be where I wanna be with my love........ time is passing by :clock: it seems like it's never gonna happen, that these papers are never gonna come....... this process is strictly beurocratic, and beurocracy is what I hate the most!

wishing u all luck and PATIENCE (patience is a virtue......)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hey.......

gsmaclean - that's GOOD NEWS :dance: , that means I'll have mine at the end of June, since I'm behind u like 3 weeks or something like that........ but then again u never know until it comes.........

I wish it worked that simply - Joel and Karen submitted their Packet three one week before we did, and they got their interview date four weeks ago - for May 5th. If it all made sense, we would have had our interview date three weeks ago, and it would have been for the second week of May. Here we are almost in May, and no date yet....

:idea: just a question...... do I have to call Montreal to find out????? does it help when u call, or what? if there's a point to call them I will.......... every day!!! hehehe

I don't know that it HELPS...but as soon as I have a date, I want to know about it - I don't want to wait for a letter! :)

I really can't wait for this thing to be over, just to be where I wanna be with my love........ time is passing by :clock: it seems like it's never gonna happen, that these papers are never gonna come....... this process is strictly beurocratic, and beurocracy is what I hate the most!

wishing u all luck and PATIENCE (patience is a virtue......)

I am REALLY tired of all this waiting. I've been ready to go now for months. Everything's packed, all I need is visa in hand, and I'm out of here tomorrow!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know exactly how you feel. The consulate received my packet 3 on March 2nd and I am still waiting. I called again yesterday and I was told I am on the list and will receive and interview soon and that they are scheduling them for July now.I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to any of this. And all we poor saps can do is sit back and wait. Hang in there guys. ( ha ha ha isn't that rich coming from me the constant complainer). Just keep in mind you aren't alone there are a few of us in the same boat.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

I know exactly how you feel. The consulate received my packet 3 on March 2nd and I am still waiting. I called again yesterday and I was told I am on the list and will receive and interview soon and that they are scheduling them for July now.I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to any of this. And all we poor saps can do is sit back and wait. Hang in there guys. ( ha ha ha isn't that rich coming from me the constant complainer). Just keep in mind you aren't alone there are a few of us in the same boat.

yikes Freda! that's a really long time. anyone know if they do anthing else on the application besides toss it in a pile to dole out interview dates? like any further security checks or something?

k

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

MO I think they go enie menie minie moe who do we want to piss off today and who do we want to please. I don't think there is a standard practice just whoever they feel like. But that's just me being spiteful and nasty.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

Timeline

It would make sense to me that Montreal would be doing interviews for only a certain type of visa for two weeks then switch to another type of visa for another two weeks. know what i mean?

and Freda why havent you gotten your date yet? Montreal received your info before mine! That doesn't make sense.

Timeline

JULY??????????????

someone gimme a gun........

if they're scheduling the interviews for JULY then that's gonna mean that my process will be 16 MONTHS!!!!

that's insane........

:ot: just a question to anyone: I live in mississauga, have a car, does anyone know any bars/restaurants that are hiring?(busy place) :yes: for bartender/server (just lost my job) I have experience both as a bartender and as a server.... thx a lot...... I need a job for the time beeing........

well then.......

on that note I'm off to look for a job.........

ciao

take care

Timeline

Mtl does more than just k1,k3 and cr-1 visa's. They are all mixed together. When does any government organization do anything with logic!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.