happyimmigrant

Montreal consulate

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

According to the K-1 timelines, nobody has received a Packet 4 from Montreal in over two weeks. There's lots of us waiting for them.

I've sent a few emails to them over the past ten days or so asking for status updates; they've all been ignored. Previously, emails were usually answered the same day, or at worst, the next morning.

I've been trying to call them for over an hour, all I get is a fast busy signal when I dial their number.

Montreal IS still open, right?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, Montreal only answers their phone during certain days/hours, you may be calling during the wrong times?? or they're tied up with other calls....dunno

And I personally found that they didn't anwer my emails unless they had an answer to give me as opposed to a form answer, but that was just my experience with them.

Can I offer up an oldie but goodie: A watched pot never boils.... You seem like a really nice couple, and I would hate for you guys to drive yourselves crazy! :)

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I work about 100 yards (or meters) from the building, and I just passed by on my lunch hour yesterday to take a look, since I couldn't remember ever having seen anything governmental there.

I even took some pictures of the crest above the door and the signs in the window which tell you what you are forbidden to bring inside. (I'll post those after I get around to downloading them from my camera, as a curiosity.) Honestly, I was expecting an elegant, grandiose building, and it's just an office building on a side-street that is only 3 blocks long. I guess they chose that location because there isn't very much through-traffic.

But yeah, they are still open, and still working (one hopes!).

(I left quickly when the guard started giving me wondering looks.)

------------------------------------

I just looked out the window here, and everything looks normal out there, (meaning the building isn't on fire or anything), so no reason I can see why they wouldn't be working.

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Timeline
Well, Montreal only answers their phone during certain days/hours, you may be calling during the wrong times?? or they're tied up with other calls....dunno

Yep, from 2 pm to 4:30 pm, EST, Mon-Fri. I tried from about 2:30 to 3:30, never got anything but a busy signal. Oh well.

And I personally found that they didn't anwer my emails unless they had an answer to give me as opposed to a form answer, but that was just my experience with them.

Interesting - I've had three email replies from them in the past on two different topics (one of which was, "hey, what's the status?") and all three of those were answered within hours. Now they've ignored the past three emails I've sent. Hmmm.

Can I offer up an oldie but goodie: A watched pot never boils.... You seem like a really nice couple, and I would hate for you guys to drive yourselves crazy! :)

Are you kidding? We went past crazy MONTHS ago...... :)

hmmm...maybe they work the same schedule as parliment. they are on their easter break still aren't they? ;)

still nothing eh? anyone have an idea how long after you actually get packet 4 the interview is?

k

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel got P4 the first week of April 2 or 3 I think...with an interview date of May 5. A month maybe?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Joel got P4 the first week of April 2 or 3 I think...with an interview date of May 5. A month maybe?

Well I got a reply via email from Montreal this evening...at 8:26 pm - who knew they worked this late?

It was the same boilerplate response I've had from them three times now:

You are currently on a waiting list to be scheduled for an appointment and will be advised by mail of the date.

Thank-you

They've now had my Packet 3 for 5 1/2 weeks. They told me originally between 4-6 weeks processing. I kind of doubt it's going to happen over the weekend, so we'll be at 6 weeks on Monday.

EVERY SINGLE STAGE of this process for us has taken much longer than most people going through the same centers/consulates here. I'm really tired of this interminable waiting.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
EVERY SINGLE STAGE of this process for us has taken much longer than most people going through the same centers/consulates here. I'm really tired of this interminable waiting.

Oh I know that feeling oh so well, we went the route of K3 hoping he would be home sooner. That hasn't worked out so well. After Steve got packet 3 there was some confusion with his medical, the immigration physician said he could have his immunization records sent from his family Dr. Well they sent it 3 times before the immigration Dr finally claimed to have gotten the entire thing, unfortunately they never let him know so after waiting ages to receive his medical information, he called and still had to wait through 2 more faxes from his family Dr.

After he gathered everything needed including that he sent the checklist in which they claimed over the phone they had received by March 14 and said our interview would be in May but hadn't been scheduled. On March 23rd I called to see if it had been and it hadn't yet but they insisted it would be in May. Steve called last week, they had registered the received day as March 23 and still were saying unscheduled but will be in May. He called again today and they told him they would be scheduling him in June or July!!!

*STOMPS ABOUT AND SCREAMS*

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
:crying: Were in the same boat guys, and if it helps I know exactly what you mean about being past crazy already. They got our Ds230 and checklist on March 2nd and still nothing. And if it helps my emails went unanswered too. I quit counting weeks and days at this point. Guess it'll happen if and when it does. :crying:

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

:crying: Were in the same boat guys, and if it helps I know exactly what you mean about being past crazy already. They got our Ds230 and checklist on March 2nd and still nothing. And if it helps my emails went unanswered too. I quit counting weeks and days at this point. Guess it'll happen if and when it does. :crying:

holy cow! you have been waiting ages eh? at this rate i'll be lucky to get my date by August. :(

k

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, you'll loooooooove AOS :devil:

I remember feeling exactly the same way as you do! Concentrate on packing and making all your other arrangements so you're ready to leave ASAP post-visa :) Also, enjoy your time left in Canada - it might be a while until you can visit again - the waiting goes by much faster in hindsight!

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Timeline

I don't CARE about AOS!!! At least during AOS, we can be together!!!!

I talked to Montreal today. They are unable to tell me anything about when I might see an interview date. They did tell me however that:

- They are experiencing huge backlogs

- They are currently booking appointments for late June and early July

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
:angry: You have got to be kidding me. July will be closing in on 9 months waiting from sending the petition off to the interview. I think I'm about to lose my mind.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't CARE about AOS!!! At least during AOS, we can be together!!!!

I talked to Montreal today. They are unable to tell me anything about when I might see an interview date. They did tell me however that:

Well, at least you got some information to go on! :) It may not be the best info, but at least we now know what's going on with them right now. :yes:

:angry: You have got to be kidding me. July will be closing in on 9 months waiting from sending the petition off to the interview. I think I'm about to lose my mind.

Don't you mean 4-5 months?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

dang...if they are already into july and you are still waiting, i'm looking at august at best! guess i best hold off on the lease termination. :huh:

k

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.