navillus

Need help with Immunization record

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife entered the US on her K-1 and handed the sealed packet off to the customs agent in Boston. In the packet, I assume are her medical records from her medical exam abroad. However, she told me that the medical facility in Kiev did not include an imunization record. I have already submitted my 485 and only included a record of receiving 2 immunizations (that I had translated). My question is, should I just wait to hear from the uscis or should I call an approved doctor and make an appointment now?

I assume the civil surgeon would then give us the I-693.

Thank you for your help...

Michael and usaflag.gif Luda russiaflag.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So did you include a vaccination worksheet (with translation) or just a translation of something else? I did not get an I693 - I just sent the vaccination worksheet (DS3025) that my fiancee had received from the doctor in Colombia. We were not RFEd or asked about it in th einterview - but many people have been. To be on the safe side you may want to get the I693 now and take it with you to the interview (or send it if RFEd.) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

My wife was in exactly the same position. She handed the sealed envelope in at time of entry at P.O.E.

I simply wrote a letter explaining those circumstances and stated simply that one cannot be expected to "supplement" what one does not have. I submitted the letter with the AOS application.

My A.O.S. was subsequently approved with no interview and we just received the GC today.

I have to conclude that in some countries the beneficiary may not get all required shots due to availability, or other reasons and that those beneficiaries are given a copy of their vaccination record.

Others who do get all the required vaccinations do not get a copy but the record is sealed up in the "brown envelope".

It makes no sense to be any other way.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

As the previous poster, my wife was in the exact same position. Handed the sealed envelope off at the POE.

I even drove to the USCIS office here in Charlotte to clarify it as we got closer to our interview.

As counter-intuitive as it may be, if you don't hear from them, then the vaccinations that you submitted with AOS (if any) and the "brown envelope" have covered everything.

I was skeptical because I have 0% confidence in the USCIS people, BUT we did not have any problems with shots at our interview.

On the flip side, a lot of this anxiety would be alleviated if they just gave you a copy of the physical in Moscow at whichever clinic...Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.