Ephesia

How we are ending the year with a bang

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

The water drainage hose from our water softener cracked sometime in the middle of last night, and all the water drained out through the drywall and on to the carpet of the hallway and part of our living room. Turns out the Culligan guy who installed our water softener 5 months ago used the old, pre-existing hose from the LAST homeowner instead of a new Culligan hose.

These fans have to be kept on for the next 5-6 days until the supervisor gives the all-clear.

Our house now sounds like a turbine engine room (or something).

Oh, one pic I did not take was of the gaping hole in the ceiling above our washing machine. The 'bright' tech guy that Culligan sent to put in a new hose was in the attic (where the drainage hose runs) and placed the flashlight on a very wet spot of drywall. Needless to say, the flashlight went crashing through, taking a big chunk of drywall with it. Thankfully, nobody got hurt. Phoebe (our dog) freaked out because she was standing right there when the accident happened.

The hole in the ceiling will be fixed sometime next week, we hope. And Culligan's footing the entire bill for this mess.

I'm not sure if I'm miserable or not. The noise level from the fans is deafening, but there is no major damage, nobody died, and we don't have to pay a single cent for this fiasco. We can also sleep soundly in our room as long as we keep the door shut. All in all, I guess we are in good shape.

Good and memorable way to end the year, I suppose! Haha. :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I ended a part-time job I hated and the very next day picked up one I love. I'm going to end my year with a bathroom full of bath products.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The water drainage hose from our water softener cracked sometime in the middle of last night, and all the water drained out through the drywall and on to the carpet of the hallway and part of our living room. Turns out the Culligan guy who installed our water softener 5 months ago used the old, pre-existing hose from the LAST homeowner instead of a new Culligan hose.

These fans have to be kept on for the next 5-6 days until the supervisor gives the all-clear.

Our house now sounds like a turbine engine room (or something).

Oh, one pic I did not take was of the gaping hole in the ceiling above our washing machine. The 'bright' tech guy that Culligan sent to put in a new hose was in the attic (where the drainage hose runs) and placed the flashlight on a very wet spot of drywall. Needless to say, the flashlight went crashing through, taking a big chunk of drywall with it. Thankfully, nobody got hurt. Phoebe (our dog) freaked out because she was standing right there when the accident happened.

The hole in the ceiling will be fixed sometime next week, we hope. And Culligan's footing the entire bill for this mess.

I'm not sure if I'm miserable or not. The noise level from the fans is deafening, but there is no major damage, nobody died, and we don't have to pay a single cent for this fiasco. We can also sleep soundly in our room as long as we keep the door shut. All in all, I guess we are in good shape.

Good and memorable way to end the year, I suppose! Haha. :)

:( That's terrible. You should beat that Culligan Man over the head with the old hose! SOB! I hope there is some kind of legal recourse ....they should pay for the clean-up and damage. :angry:

Timeline
:( That's terrible. You should beat that Culligan Man over the head with the old hose! SOB! I hope there is some kind of legal recourse ....they should pay for the clean-up and damage. :angry:

Well, Steven, besides paying for the repairs, I hope Culligan gives us a little monetary compensation for the electricity and gas that's being used during this period. Because of all the cool air the fans are blowing near the thermostat, the heat was kept cranking all night. I also barely slept because I could still hear the fans whirring even with our bedroom door closed. And when I did sleep, I had nightmares about our gas and electricity bills. :lol:

I pressed a palm on one section of the carpet just now and it's definitely drier than yesterday. Hopefully it's the same with the different walls where the water had seeped through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will take a lot less than 5 days to complete. The house definitely sounds like an engine room now. LOL.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, Steven, besides paying for the repairs, I hope Culligan gives us a little monetary compensation for the electricity and gas that's being used during this period. Because of all the cool air the fans are blowing near the thermostat, the heat was kept cranking all night. I also barely slept because I could still hear the fans whirring even with our bedroom door closed. And when I did sleep, I had nightmares about our gas and electricity bills. :lol:

I pressed a palm on one section of the carpet just now and it's definitely drier than yesterday. Hopefully it's the same with the different walls where the water had seeped through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will take a lot less than 5 days to complete. The house definitely sounds like an engine room now. LOL.

I hope it'll dry up fast so you can rest peacefully...you'll need the energy to beat that Culligan guy over the head with the old hose. :P I've had my apartment flooded from both rain and from the person living above's toilet overflowing. Had to have the carpet replaced and drywall removed because of mold, plus those big fans running for several days (they did shoot up my electric bill). Fortunately, the apt. mgr deducted from my rent for the days that the place was torn up, but he tried to tell me the fans blowing wouldn't make much difference on my electric bill....yeah right.

Best wishes on a good new year! (F) (love your front loading washer, btw :thumbs:)

How awful.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Timeline
I hope it'll dry up fast so you can rest peacefully...you'll need the energy to beat that Culligan guy over the head with the old hose. :P I've had my apartment flooded from both rain and from the person living above's toilet overflowing. Had to have the carpet replaced and drywall removed because of mold, plus those big fans running for several days (they did shoot up my electric bill). Fortunately, the apt. mgr deducted from my rent for the days that the place was torn up, but he tried to tell me the fans blowing wouldn't make much difference on my electric bill....yeah right.

Best wishes on a good new year! (F) (love your front loading washer, btw :thumbs:)

ROFL thanks. We got a great deal on that washer and dryer combo from Best Buy last year. They are so leet. :thumbs:

Your flooding nightmare at your apartment sounds plain awful !!!

I have a feeling hubby will ask me later if we wanna hang out somewhere outside today, although the noise isn't exactly bothering him right this moment. He's been deaf in his right ear since he was a child, and he's playing COD 4 online with his headphones on. We've also started communicating via shoulder taps and hastily conjured hand signals. :lol:

PS. Have a wonderful New Year! Give Jinky gentle back rubs for me! :)

Edited by Ephesia

stay dry :)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Who put the fans in? I would have had a professional come in that deals with water damage and then give the bill to Culligan. Don't sign off on anything until you have someone come in and inspect the repairs.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

No worries there. They're professionals and were called in by Culligan themselves. The Culligan men who came to put in the new hose also surveyed the damage and called their office immediately. Three hours later the men from Dial One Hour came.

The supervisor from Dial One Hour came yesterday for the first checkup on the progress of the fans and shut down the one in the kitchen. There wasn't much water leakage there to begin with, so we were very happy when he took the fan away. 1 down, 6 to go !!!

Who put the fans in? I would have had a professional come in that deals with water damage and then give the bill to Culligan. Don't sign off on anything until you have someone come in and inspect the repairs.