Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

gyuwono congratulations ...

I just called to service center today because my notice date march 15 2007 and CSC approving may files , i asked second level customer rep. my case

she told me that she will request service ,

good luck for everyone inculude seaflover ! :) hope see all approve here .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I know an IO said we were approved as od April 18th but I couldn't truly believe it til I had some sort of confirmation and here it is! Husband got the email today!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN**********

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 7, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Now I'm all anxious to get the card and make sure no mistakes are in it... lol!

Sent - 04/09/07

NOA - 04/30/07

BIO - 06/02/07

GC Approved - 04/18/08 (verbal confirmation by IO at portland office on 04/29/08)

Card ordered - 05/07/08 :dance:

Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Edited by kearinne

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I just called to service center today because my notice date march 15 2007 and CSC approving may files , i asked second level customer rep. my case

But how are you getting through to a customer rep??????? I can't get past the recorded message...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

But how are you getting through to a customer rep??????? I can't get past the recorded message...

hi sister fracas

you can fallow options they will carry you customer rep. you can chose adress change or no recipt number then might be you can rich .

i wish i can help more .

I have a quick question. Does anyone know if CSC issues confirmation on receiving our response to the RFE? My RFE has a different LIN receipt number which returns not found on the USCIS website. All I have is a USPS express receipt and I know they delivered it on 4/29. I haven't heard anything from CSC since then.

Quoting from "USCIS Customer Service" thread on this forum:

"To reach a USCIS customer service representative after you dial 1-800-375-5283 press 1240."

You do NOT have to wait through the long message.

It actually worked for me, in early April.

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Quoting from "USCIS Customer Service" thread on this forum:

"To reach a USCIS customer service representative after you dial 1-800-375-5283 press 1240."

You do NOT have to wait through the long message.

It actually worked for me, in early April.

Just now when I tried to find out more about the RFE. I pressed the menu option for RFE and then another option for connecting to customer service representative. I got transferred to a nice lady. Who told me it takes them THREE WEEKS to update the computer system about the receipt of my RFE response. Then another ONE week to make the final adjudication on my case. So I am counting the days.

Timeline

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn:

I got through with that handy dany little 1240 code (THANK YOU Illinois) and then the first question was a deal breaker because they wanted to know if I was the petitioner and when I said my husband was they said they needed him to be with me on the phone I guess, to give them permission to give ME the information. FFS!!! :girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn:

Oh and yes, I HAD looked around for information of this sort before asking...

Edited by Sister Fracas

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn:

I got through with that handy dany little 1240 code (THANK YOU Illinois) and then the first question was a deal breaker because they wanted to know if I was the petitioner and when I said my husband was they said they needed him to be with me on the phone I guess, to give them permission to give ME the information. FFS!!! :girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn:

I could've warned you. This happened to me too. I was calling regarding the "pending" after 3 and a half years I-130 petition with my husband being the petitioner and me being the beneficiary. Lady said the same thing about getting my hubby on the phone. So I had to drive home and got my hubby who was working from home that day on the phone. Then the second lady we got said the I-130 doesn't matter any more since the I-751 is now the main petition we care about. Now she told my hubby to ask me for permission before discussing my case. :girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn: So much trouble because it was 45 minute for me to drive home.

Edited by MDZJ

Timeline
I could've warned you. This happened to me too. I was calling regarding the "pending" after 3 and a half years I-130 petition with my husband being the petitioner and me being the beneficiary. Lady said the same thing about getting my hubby on the phone. So I had to drive home and got my hubby who was working from home that day on the phone. Then the second lady we got said the I-130 doesn't matter any more since the I-751 is now the main petition we care about. Now she told my hubby to ask me for permission before discussing my case. :girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn: So much trouble because it was 45 minute for me to drive home.

I don't remember it being that way a couple of year's ago when we filed the I-130. But maybe it was as I was the petitioner.

Oh well....another day perhaps...

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

That is a pain! Hope you get to talk to them again.

If you meant asking for the dialing information - don't worry. I had a vague memory of having seen that thread. After wasting some time navigating the USCIS phone system in April, I dug around here to find the short cut, because I also felt like :girlwerewolf2xn: at the time.

Now I wait to see if it will be another 14 months before my name is corrected and a new card sent!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Timeline
Now I wait to see if it will be another 14 months before my name is corrected and a new card sent!

that's all I can say to that is............. CRIKEY!!!!

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.