Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Illinois, wonder why we can't submit our applications online, even fill in the blanks for our green cards, that way they will not have to retype all that data and make errors, not to mention all the additional work.

And whoever designed these forms with all that wasted space should have his head examined not leaving enough space in the blanks to properly fill in the answer. Have to use a separate piece of paper that gets lost or even doesn't get looked at. Not even enough space to type in, "See Attached".

My last name has two words, "De Lastname", they are always screwing that up, went through hell with Springfield IL when they computerized the birth certificates and my new copy was like "Delatsname", no space between the De and surname with two letters reversed, took three months of letters back and forth to finally square that away and instead of just adding that space and reversing those two letters, they typed it the wrong way with /////// marks over it and typed my name correctly on top of it, looks like hell.

Ha, been thinking about legally changing my last name to "Jones" or maybe even "De", but was glad to see the USCIS got it right.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
ANYONE TODAY????

please let us know, I told you guys sooner or later CSC will stop processing our files!!!!!!!!!! from NSC

I highly doubt that... Relax, just be patient a little bit longer. If you don't get approved after 2 - 3 months being transferred to CSC, which is the average for people being approved by CSC, then you can start to get angry again.... :lol::lol:

K-1 Timeline

06.04.2004 - I-129F sent to NSC

06.14.2004 - NOA1

09.03.2004 - NOA2

11.03.2004 - Interview (APPROVED - Visa in Hand)

12.04.2004 - Fiancee arrived - POE: San Francisco

AOS, EAD, AP Timelines

01.10.2005 - Submitted AOS, EAD, AP in person (Kansas City)

01.20.2005 - AP received (Approved 01.14.2005)

03.03.2005 - EAD received

06.27.2005 - AOS Interview

07.05.2005 - CONDITIONAL Permanent Residence Status GRANTED (APPROVED)

07.28.2005 - Permanent Resident Card received

I-751 Timeline

04.17.2007 - I-751 sent to NSC

04.20.2007 - NOA1 (Mail received 05.04.2007)

05.18.2007 - Biometrics completed

04.01.2008 - Transferred to CSC

05.07.2008 - Approved

05.13.2008 - Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 Timeline

04.21.2010 - N-400 sent to USCIS Phoenix AZ Lockbox

05.05.2010 - NOA1 (Mail received 05.10.2010)

05.26.2010 - Biometrics Appointment

07.12.2010 - Interview (USCIS Status changed 06.04.2010 & Mail received 06.07.2010)

09.17.2010 - Oath Ceremony (Mail received 08.20.2010)

" HOPE" IS THE THING WITH FEATHERS--

THAT PERCHES IN THE SOUL--

GO BUCKEYES...!!!!

'gyuwono'

thank you for your support gyuwomo, but I can't help it, even my husband he said to me that I am going crazy over this I-751, everyday I ask him, honey do you think I will get approved today, and he says I have a feeling next month , so hopefully you guys are both right

and agai nI am sorry but i just can't help it,

by the way did they start the April 2007 transfer cases to be approved, i don't remember where but i read that one of NSC transfered to CSC with NOA 04/--/2007 got approved

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I went today to the Portland OR USCIS office to get an extention stamp and was told I was approved on April 18th! (The website still says my file hasn't been touched since April 3rd) They still stamped my passport and though the IO said she'd only put a stamp in til June 2008 since I should get the card any day now, but when I looked at it later written on the stamp the extention is til August 28th 2009. She also took my expired greencard saying I didn't need it and it was theirs now.

So, yeah looks like my I-751 is approved! I'm not fully relaxing til I get it in the mail though or at least a confirmation email about it. :P

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
congratulations!!!!!!!!!

But why aren't you able to see it online we are the 29th today so you should have received the card by now????

You'd think that'd be the case but the IO said it takes them a "while" to update the website and that I "should" get the card any day now... It's USCIS, since when did they ever get anything done in a normal timeframe! :lol:

I'm just wondering why they gave me a stamp for 1 year and 4 months.... seems a bit odd... is it a sign I gotta file another I-90? :wacko:

Edited by kearinne

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

In my phone conversation with the shockingly helpful and nice IO officer at CSC the other day, I asked her why our RFE had a different Receipt # and why the RFE notice was printed on such crappy paper that didn't match any other correspondence from the USCIS. She said that the system that they use to actually order the cards is an older system and isn't really compatible with the new system. Therefore, they have to issue a new Receipt #. This is why I was unable to track anything on the new Receipt # on the RFE either online or through their automated phone system (also accounts for the crappy, unofficial looking RFE). The approval and ordering is actually done in the old system, under the different Receipt #. It isn't until someone goes in and manually syncs the information from the two systems that you will actually be able to see that your card has been ordered online. An IO can access this old system and can see whether or not the card has been ordered. She also said that it has to be an IO, the customer service people do not have access to that older system. This is why they can tell you that you were approved before you receive the email or can see the change online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This kind of confirms the information I was given when I was transferred to an Immigration Officer after I called about having no NOA. She said that there were two numbers assigned - the first one would be the one that was written on the cheque and is the one on the first NOA (I believe) - this is an 'internal' number she said where she can look up information. The second number is the biometrics number, and that is the one I can use to look up information. So I wonder if the biometrics appointment scheduling is done on the newer system - hence it has a different number and it can be tracked - but the file is still listed under the old number that only they can access internally. Does seem somewhat cumbersome, I agree, but I guess it is the approach required when they are using two different systems that don't talk with each other.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Certainly wasn't our experience, from the time we sent in the I-751 with the assigned receipt number, that number never changed and is even printed on the new ten year cards. Included our daughter in the I-751, she was treated separately with her own receipt number, and whenever my wife got a letter, so did my daughter at the same time. Everything was on the official looking I-797C form. Wondering what service center you are dealing with that has an old and a new system?

They never asked us for our old green cards, and they better not, that is the only proof you are legal to stay here, expired or not. If expired. you are legal to stay here, but just cannot work or travel. The only time you are asked or should be asked to surrender your green card, is after you take the oath for US citizenship. That sounds reasonable, as you no longer need that card, you are no longer a permanent resident but a USA citizen.

The one we would have to surrender is that ten year card, ha they can have that one, only paid around 300 bucks for those, but would like to keep the original ones for keepsakes, paid over $12,000 for those two year conditional cards.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no FBI checks for the I-751, is for the N-400 for some reason, even though we been through that for the I-485. Saving hundreds of dollars for gas to head down to Milwaukee for our third set of fingerprints.

Wonder why we can't get her fingerprints done at our local police department, the DHS certainly put a lot of bucks into that department doubling the size of the force, cops are just standing around doing nothing, or issuing traffic tickets for doing 25.5 mph in a 25 mph zone. Must be because one government agency still doesn't trust another government agency.

Regarding these so called FBI checks, not exactly sure what the USCIS does here either, know that now since 9/11, have to have an FBI check when opening a new bank account and show appropriate ID, but that only takes less than a minute. Same with buying a new gun, guys goes to his computer, makes sure my name is not on their list and says you are fine to go. Again that takes less than a minute using an off the shelve computer on the internet.

So exactly what kind of equipment is the USCIS using? A 160 year old Moorse telegraph? Maybe drums.

Timeline

Hey Sandy2000, from my experience, nobody will do anything to help you until your application date is previous to the posted processing date, if in NSC, that is February 2007, if in CSS, that is October 18, 2007, and since you applied in June of 2007, you are dead if your application is in Nebraska, but have a gripe if your application is in California.

Your congressman or senator can find out where your application is, but since you are the immigrant, it is more effective if your US citizen spouse makes that inquiry. My wife or daughter didn't have to do anything, felt that was my responsibility since this is my country. If we decided to stay in her country, that would be her responsibility.

With immigration, when we visit her country, she does all the talking, when we return here, I do all the talking, works out great that way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Certainly wasn't our experience, from the time we sent in the I-751 with the assigned receipt number, that number never changed and is even printed on the new ten year cards. Included our daughter in the I-751, she was treated separately with her own receipt number, and whenever my wife got a letter, so did my daughter at the same time. Everything was on the official looking I-797C form. Wondering what service center you are dealing with that has an old and a new system?

Was this the same number that was on the biometrics appointment sheet? Were you able to search online and get a file update on this same number from the NOA? I think the number you are talking about is the A# and that does not change. What we are referring to is the case number. The Case number isn't recorded on the green cards. The A# is.

They never asked us for our old green cards, and they better not, that is the only proof you are legal to stay here, expired or not. If expired. you are legal to stay here, but just cannot work or travel. The only time you are asked or should be asked to surrender your green card, is after you take the oath for US citizenship. That sounds reasonable, as you no longer need that card, you are no longer a permanent resident but a USA citizen.

Actually, you give up your green card IF you get the stamp in your passport because you do not have an NOA or the NOA is expired (over a year) as it would be like having 2 greencards in your possession. As well, you ARE legally entitled to work and to travel - your greencard status is extended for the full year - the NOA - or the stamp in your passport - is the proof of that status. You can work and you can travel.

The one we would have to surrender is that ten year card, ha they can have that one, only paid around 300 bucks for those, but would like to keep the original ones for keepsakes, paid over $12,000 for those two year conditional cards.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no FBI checks for the I-751, is for the N-400 for some reason, even though we been through that for the I-485. Saving hundreds of dollars for gas to head down to Milwaukee for our third set of fingerprints.

To the best of my knowledge there are security checks on the I-751 - whether they are FBI checks or not, I don't know. They do check to see if you have had any criminal activity from the time of your last fingerprint check. If you have, then you may not be eligible to continue the process to remove conditions.

Wonder why we can't get her fingerprints done at our local police department, the DHS certainly put a lot of bucks into that department doubling the size of the force, cops are just standing around doing nothing, or issuing traffic tickets for doing 25.5 mph in a 25 mph zone. Must be because one government agency still doesn't trust another government agency.

The local police department collects fingerprints for other purposes. Immigration uses totally different numbers to track individuals than do police stations. Personally, I would not want a local police station where individuals who don't know the ins and outs of the immigration process and the 'sheriff' or whoever, is an elected official who often has other personal agendas to attend to than just enforcing the law, to have unlimited access to all of my private information. It would be like treating every immigrant as a criminal. Much better to have USCIS in charge or its own biometrics.

Regarding these so called FBI checks, not exactly sure what the USCIS does here either, know that now since 9/11, have to have an FBI check when opening a new bank account and show appropriate ID, but that only takes less than a minute. Same with buying a new gun, guys goes to his computer, makes sure my name is not on their list and says you are fine to go. Again that takes less than a minute using an off the shelve computer on the internet.

Good question. Others seem able to access the information from the FBI in much shorter time periods than does USCIS. I know that the FBI isn't the only one they check, but there certainly seems to be a lot of in-house inefficiencies that are blamed on 'Security checks".

So exactly what kind of equipment is the USCIS using? A 160 year old Moorse telegraph? Maybe drums.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Kathryn41, about the only fair assumption is that you can get an entirely different view of the USCIS depending on which officer you happen to get.

I certainly hope I can tell the difference between an LIN receipt number and an alien (from outer space?) A# number, and yes, both of these numbers are not only on the front of the new green cards, but on the rear as well, just a bit more difficult to read on the rear of the card, have to hold against the light just right.

The FBI does depend on local police departments for fingerprint information in criminal cases, but are we criminals? Thought our US Constitution said something to the effect a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty, and these are accused persons at that. Feel like we have been treated liked terrorists or criminals with the USCIS, pointed this out both to my senator and congressman with no disagreement. All these new agencies popped up since the 70's and are getting to be like Nazi Germany. This country was not founded on those principles.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.