Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Now that is useful information, iansig40, thank you.

I did a web search on your address and found this site:

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

Says something about doing an online form, a DHS Form 7001, see if I can find that and get it off.

Here is the link for the form

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another mistake on my part. I didn't think to make a copy of my I-751 before I mailed it out. Other than that, my letter to the ombudsman's office will be on its way today. I seriously hope USCIS still have all the files for I-751 I sent them. Keep my fingers crossed.

Yep,download the form and send it over together with all the papers you received so far from USCIS (copies) Include a copy of I-751 application.

Good luck !

Thanks for this, letters on the way.

Some updates about calling the USCIS customer service today. I called and they told me now that since NSC's current processing date for I-751 is July 2006, they can't file a service request for me because my receipt date (1/25/07) is still within the NORMAL processing window. They also have no information on NSC stopping processing I-751 or what is gonna happen to the I-751. Now I am glad that I have my ombudsman letter ready to mail.

Another mistake on my part. I didn't think to make a copy of my I-751 before I mailed it out. Other than that, my letter to the ombudsman's office will be on its way today. I seriously hope USCIS still have all the files for I-751 I sent them. Keep my fingers crossed.

Yep,download the form and send it over together with all the papers you received so far from USCIS (copies) Include a copy of I-751 application.

Good luck !

Just call back again. If you get lucky, they are going to give you a service request. I called yesterday and they said they are processing Sept 2007 so I am definitely out of processing window so she gave me a service request. Who knows where she get the Sept from. It doesn't even make sense, just happy I got what I needed. I am sending out the DHS-7001 form today.... ready to me mailed out.

Some updates about calling the USCIS customer service today. I called and they told me now that since NSC's current processing date for I-751 is July 2006, they can't file a service request for me because my receipt date (1/25/07) is still within the NORMAL processing window. They also have no information on NSC stopping processing I-751 or what is gonna happen to the I-751. Now I am glad that I have my ombudsman letter ready to mail.

Good luck !

Timeline

Good luck !

Yes ,YOU ARE out of the processing window :

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Q : When can I expect USCIS to process my case?

USCIS processes applications in the order they are received by application type. Due to the significant increase in the number of applications filed, processing times have been affected. As a result, average processing times for certain application types filed after June 1, 2007, may become longer. For example:

Naturalization applications may take approximately 16-18 months to process;

Family-based adjustment of status applications may take 10-12 months; and

Immigrant petitions for relatives and workers may take 9-10 months.

You've been waiting more then 12 months .

The processing date on USCIS website is pointless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wasn't going to send in the DHS-7001, but must have dreamed about it, woke up at 4:00AM this morning and armed with a new toner cartridge in my laser printer and a new roller in my copier, filled out the form and provided all the supporting documentation, also did a cover letter, wife thought it was a bit strong, but accustomed to being strong when things go bad. Also made duplicate copies of everything and prepared a folder, the letter is on it's way. See what happens, leave no stone unturned and wonder if this country is going to go bankrupt before my wife and daughter get their new cards.

We also elected to rehire our immigration attorney firm, the best in the country for the N-400, if we run into more problems, they will answer for us and know how to talk to the USCIS. We used them initially and everything went smooth, they must have been busy with the I-751 and told me I should be able to handle it. The USCIS does treat immigration attorneys differently than individuals, already learned that. We already agreed on a fixed fee.

Timeline

Checking case status on line:

"It was reported to us that your IP address or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. In order to avoid this issue please take this opportunity to create a Customer account (single applicant) or a Representative account (representing many individuals, such as lawyers, charitable groups, or corporations). Each account allows you to generate a Portfolio of receipt numbers. Building a portfolio containing your receipt number(s) eliminates your need to manually enter the receipt number and extract each case status. You will automatically be emailed changes to each case as updates occur. This email notification will occur within 12 to 24 hours of any progress made for every receipt number contained in your portfolio. There is no lockout feature associated with your portfolio and there is no wasted time on your part checking a receipt number where no advancement has been made."

Anyone else experiencing this statement when trying to check their case status? At least it is something different.

I called the (dis)service line yesterday. Managed to get through to an immigration officer - who was useless. Surprise, surprise, my application is still within processing time, and they cannot submit a service request! Was advised to send a letter to NSC - like they will respond to a letter when they cannot review applications filed over a year ago!

Today, sent off a substantial & strongly worded petition to the senator's office, closing with a complaint that our elected officials seem to be either unaware or uninterested in how USCIS conducts its business. Will see how that works out - although I am not holding my breath. This weekend will assemble package for the ombudsman's office. Thanks to all for posting that information.

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

I called a few weeks ago, was told I was outside the window (NOA 1 was 1/25/07) and they tried to put a service request through but were having difficulties with the computer. I was put on to an immigration officer who just told me to make an infopass appointment when my extension expires. Yep, very helpful.

I have an infopass scheduled for April 2nd in Chicago.

Edited by Ruairi

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Timeline

What a location for a field office, 101 West Congress Parkway Chicago, IL 60605, right smack in downtown Chicago. Is there parking there or do you have to pay 18 bucks an hour and get your car back loaded with new dents? Wasn't down in Chicago for a year now, last time all that road construction, took seven hours to go 20 miles.

Do you have to bring a current foreign passport just to get it stamped, do they keep their appointments or make you wait several hours in a jammed room with folding chairs?

Milwaukee office is on the outer edge of their downtown, not quite as bad and can find free parking two blocks away, the St. Paul office is not located in St. Paul but rather 15 miles south at 2901 Metro Drive, Suite 100 Bloomington, MN 55425, but very close to the Mall of America where they have a zillion shoe stores, my favorite kind of shopping. But still is a 400 mile round trip for us.

Seems like a waste just to get a stamp, gas alone will cost 70 bucks, plus with us, three days of lost pay. For a government that takes 70% of our wages either directly or indirectly in taxes, doesn't sound like very good service. And how come they get Veterans day off and I don't? Is it asking too much that only veterans get Veterans day off?

Timeline
What a location for a field office, 101 West Congress Parkway Chicago, IL 60605, right smack in downtown Chicago. Is there parking there or do you have to pay 18 bucks an hour and get your car back loaded with new dents? Wasn't down in Chicago for a year now, last time all that road construction, took seven hours to go 20 miles.

Do you have to bring a current foreign passport just to get it stamped, do they keep their appointments or make you wait several hours in a jammed room with folding chairs?

Milwaukee office is on the outer edge of their downtown, not quite as bad and can find free parking two blocks away, the St. Paul office is not located in St. Paul but rather 15 miles south at 2901 Metro Drive, Suite 100 Bloomington, MN 55425, but very close to the Mall of America where they have a zillion shoe stores, my favorite kind of shopping. But still is a 400 mile round trip for us.

Seems like a waste just to get a stamp, gas alone will cost 70 bucks, plus with us, three days of lost pay. For a government that takes 70% of our wages either directly or indirectly in taxes, doesn't sound like very good service. And how come they get Veterans day off and I don't? Is it asking too much that only veterans get Veterans day off?

Yes, your wife will have to bring a valid passport so she can get the stamp .

My passport was just about to expire so I got a new one and then I scheduled my infopass and got the stamp on the passport .Two weeks later I got my GC approved

Edited by iansig40

@Nick,

re: Chicago office... I think I paid $12 for parking, just a block South on State street (that's the intersection to the East, right?) there is a garage w/valet parking. The office has security, and folding chairs :) but my wait was actually pretty short. I was there first thing in the morning, a small crowd had gathered to be let in when they opened but they all went their seperate ways once inside.

Bring a print out of your appointment confirmation and the valid passport for your wife. I would also bring copies of the I751 petition and NOAs and Bio.Appointment letter. Can never have too much, who knows what they'll ask for.

What is your actual local office though? You plug in your ZIP code when scheduling the infopass, so I don't think that you can pick where to go?! GOod luck anyway. I'll be back at the Chicago office in a couple of weeks myself.

@Iansig, congrats on your approval! :) The squeeky wheel gets the oil... :D :D It paid off for you. Let us know how quick you actually receive the card.

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

"It was reported to us that your IP address or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. In order to avoid this issue please take this opportunity to create a Customer account (single applicant) or a Representative account (representing many individuals, such as lawyers, charitable groups, or corporations). Each account allows you to generate a Portfolio of receipt numbers. Building a portfolio containing your receipt number(s) eliminates your need to manually enter the receipt number and extract each case status. You will automatically be emailed changes to each case as updates occur. This email notification will occur within 12 to 24 hours of any progress made for every receipt number contained in your portfolio. There is no lockout feature associated with your portfolio and there is no wasted time on your part checking a receipt number where no advancement has been made."

Anyone else experiencing this statement when trying to check their case status? At least it is something different.

Have you created a portfolio? I think that is what they're asking you to do (instead of checking case# without logging in).

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Timeline

Have you created a portfolio? I think that is what they're asking you to do (instead of checking case# without logging in).

No, I think he tried a combination of other numbers .After viewing three or four other cases you get something like that if you keep continuing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.