Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
What will happen if I do not renew my expiring Green Card?

If you fail to renew your expiring card, you may experience difficulties in obtaining employment, benefits and re-entry into the United States from abroad.

I stand corrected on the spouse signing the I-751, confused that with the N-400. But without a job, no drivers license, no aid or charity either governmental or private due to the I-864, doesn't sound like a very bright future. How would one eat?

Do you think they really care ? Keep the applications going and they are happy .The more applications to file the better

For me I-751 will be the last one .I have had it with these SOB

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Do you think they really care ? Keep the applications going and they are happy .The more applications to file the better

For me I-751 will be the last one .

What are the alternatives? With just a PRC, you still have to depend on a foreign country to maintain a valid passport and depending on that country, well in these times, the leaders of these countries are not getting along very well, and who pays the price?

Visa's are certainly not bilateral, had no problems going to either Colombia and Venezuela without a visa, was welcomed and met a ton of very nice people there. Hard working good Christians, just a shame their leaders don't reflect the will of their people and they live in a state of fear. European descendants just like most of us are.

On the other hand, took my super sweet mother-in-law over a year to get a visa just to come here for a short visit with a four hour delay due to a strip search. But I suppose the thinking is instead of the terrorist sending crazy young Arabs, they would be sending Caucasian sweet old ladies instead.

For almost two hundreds, Canada and the USA bragged about the worlds longest unprotected border, for me, when driving east with the great lakes as a barrier, shorter to head north and use the Canadian roads to get to a USA destination. What has changed, is Canada now becoming our enemy?

Many American jobs have been lost due to globalization, but it stops short at products, regarding people wanting to travel, well that is getting to be just about impossible.

I knew immigration was going to be very expensive to do it legally that put me on my toes to make sure I knew what I was doing with my relationship, and we both agreed we wanted to do everything above board and legally. It's these delays that are killing us with the additional headaches of keeping her passport from a foreign country. How can a person get their foreign passport stamped if they can't get a foreign passport? Sounds crazy.

Timeline

What are the alternatives? With just a PRC, you still have to depend on a foreign country to maintain a valid passport and depending on that country, well in these times, the leaders of these countries are not getting along very well, and who pays the price?

Visa's are certainly not bilateral, had no problems going to either Colombia and Venezuela without a visa, was welcomed and met a ton of very nice people there. Hard working good Christians, just a shame their leaders don't reflect the will of their people and they live in a state of fear. European descendants just like most of us are.

On the other hand, took my super sweet mother-in-law over a year to get a visa just to come here for a short visit with a four hour delay due to a strip search. But I suppose the thinking is instead of the terrorist sending crazy young Arabs, they would be sending Caucasian sweet old ladies instead.

For almost two hundreds, Canada and the USA bragged about the worlds longest unprotected border, for me, when driving east with the great lakes as a barrier, shorter to head north and use the Canadian roads to get to a USA destination. What has changed, is Canada now becoming our enemy?

Many American jobs have been lost due to globalization, but it stops short at products, regarding people wanting to travel, well that is getting to be just about impossible.

I knew immigration was going to be very expensive to do it legally that put me on my toes to make sure I knew what I was doing with my relationship, and we both agreed we wanted to do everything above board and legally. It's these delays that are killing us with the additional headaches of keeping her passport from a foreign country. How can a person get their foreign passport stamped if they can't get a foreign passport? Sounds crazy.

I'm one of the few people here on VisaJourney that do not consider becoming a US Citizen ...I have my own reasons and yes this PRC will be my last applications sent to USCIS. 10 years should be enough to decide if I want to stay here or not and the way this country is going right now chances are I will be moving back to Canada.

Once you are a Permanent Resident in this country you CAN'T LOOSE YOUR STATUS BY CHOOSING NOT TO RENEW YOUR GC. Any possible problems traveling with an expired card ? Maybe... but I will deal with it if I'm still going to be around in 10 years . I paid them enough money for all this circus

Timeline
Visa's are certainly not bilateral, had no problems going to either Colombia and Venezuela without a visa, was welcomed and met a ton of very nice people there. Hard working good Christians, just a shame their leaders don't reflect the will of their people and they live in a state of fear.

That's definitely not true about Colombia. President Uribe is serving an unprecedented second term and has enjoyed sky-high approval ratings in the 70% - 80% range since he took office in 2002.

Chavez has the nominal support of the poor and working poor -- the majority of the country -- but he does not have the support of the upper middle class and upper classes. Those are the people who live in fear, and I can't blame them. I was last there during the strike of 2002-03, and I have no desire to go back anytime soon with all that has gone on.

Meh

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
I'm one of the few people here on VisaJourney that do not consider becoming a US Citizen ...I have my own reasons and yes this PRC will be my last applications sent to USCIS. 10 years should be enough to decide if I want to stay here or not and the way this country is going right now chances are I will be moving back to Canada.

Once you are a Permanent Resident in this country you CAN'T LOOSE YOUR STATUS BY CHOOSING NOT TO RENEW YOUR GC. Any possible problems traveling with an expired card ? Maybe... but I will deal with it if I'm still going to be around in 10 years . I paid them enough money for all this circus

Good for you...

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I have a bit of advise for everyone here :

You had enough with the long delay ?

Contact USCIS every week

Contact your Senator /Congressman

Contact the Ombudsman ....

make enough pressure and I think you will achive what I achived today :

Receipt Number: LIN07XXXXXXXX

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 17, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

For me this BS is over !

Congratulations iansig40 I'm glad you have finally been approved!!!! :dance: :dance:

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

On March 17, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Congratulations, your wait is over.

Could you do us a favor, please, and post your data with the NSC in this thread, like date on NOA and of biometrics? I would like the readers to be able to estimate their own wait. From a previous post, I assume that the date on your NOA was close to 02/16/07, is that correct? (You quoted them: On February 16, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION ...)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Congratulations iansig40! Hopefully my application will be approved soon too since we applied around the same time.

It's finally over!!

02/12/2011 - N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

02/18/2011 - Check cashed

02/22/2011 - NOA received

03/11/2011 - Biometrics

04/12/2011 - Case transferred to Chicago, IL

04/16/2011 - Interview letter received

06/01/2011 - Interview in Chicago, IL

10/14/2011 - Oath Ceremony in Hammond, IN

Timeline

On March 17, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Congratulations, your wait is over.

Could you do us a favor, please, and post your data with the NSC in this thread, like date on NOA and of biometrics? I would like the readers to be able to estimate their own wait. From a previous post, I assume that the date on your NOA was close to 02/16/07, is that correct? (You quoted them: On February 16, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION ...)

Sure :

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

02-02-07 - I-751 sent to NSC

02-16-07 - NOA1

03-23-07 - Biometrics

03-17-08 - Card production ordered

A well deserved gift for St.Patrick's Day !

Congratulations iansig40! Hopefully my application will be approved soon too since we applied around the same time.

It's finally over!!

Thank you and I hope all of you guys will be aproved soon

It' s been a long,long wait

Edited by iansig40

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

so 13 months, just like Bertrand's petition filed 12/06, approved 1/08. So did in fact all of the contacting really speed up the petition? hmmm

Well congrats anyway, now you can be less stressed out.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline

C Abongratulations, iansig40, and thank you for a ray of hope.

James, my key point is, without US Citizenship, one has to depend upon a foreign country to get that passport. We can elaborate on how things are today, but what about tomorrow? And the USCIS demands an unexpired passport, if you think the USCIS is bad, try dealing with Chavez.

Lots of riots in Venezuela, we were scheduled to leave last June on a 10:00 AM flight, but her sister asked if we could do it earlier, so she got us a 6:00 AM flight. The night before, Chavez announced he was closing a TV station down that plays a lot of American sitcoms, we heard all the traffic was jammed at 7:30 AM, neither the rich, middle class, nor dirt poor liked that move.

We own property down there, but if sold it, would take a beating on the black market to get our money out, so just waiting and wondering if Chavez will take that away from us and give it to the poor. But if he takes all the property away from the middle class and gives that to the poor, the middle class would be poor, and the poor would be rich, so he would have to reverse that. Do not feel I can use the language to express my feelings toward this man on this board, the reason my wife acquired that property, is because she worked her can off going to school at night and working during the day, or she would have been dirt poor.

Sister Fracas, are there still nuns left in this world? First cousin is a nun, but haven't heard from her in years. Can you pray for us?

Timeline
so 13 months, just like Bertrand's petition filed 12/06, approved 1/08. So did in fact all of the contacting really speed up the petition? hmmm

Well congrats anyway, now you can be less stressed out.

Yes, I do think that based on the numerous calls I made for the past 40 days kinda fixed the problem.

Something tells me that this approval is not coincidently

No,I wasn't stressed out, I was and I'm still mad that it took so long to process this stinking application while for other took only 3-4 months .This was not fair to me nor to you guys and it's up to you to do something about it

I'm done here , I'm sure a few of you would like to see me gone !

Added data and approval for iansig40 - Congratulations!

List of I-751 to NSC, ordered by date on NOA, after the last known approval in 2007 (NOA 06-Dec-06)

and before the first known transfer to CSC (NOA 05-Aug-07)

Names ordered by date on NOA instead of date of I-751, because NOA is the date relevant to USCIS.

UserName...........Date of I-751.....Date on NOA...Biometrics......Approved.....RFE, Service Request, etc.

haozi101...........11/27/06..........12/06/06......01/03/07........09/14/07.....

Bertrand...........12/19/06..........12/27/06......01/20/07........01/29/08.....N-400

sandeepb...........12/26/06..........01/04/07......02/05/07........--/--/--.....service request, N-400, I-551 stamp for 12 months

coloradogirl.......12/27/06..........01/04/07......01/30/07........--/--/--.....

echostorm..........12/--/06..........01/05/07......02/16/07........--/--/--.....

mew5280(CAPG)......01/06/07..........01/16/07......02/15/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 6 months, interview scheduled

jennybirgitta......01/13/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07........--/--/--.....service request, congressman, N-400

traversm...........01/14/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07........--/--/--.....

MDandZJ............01/21/07..........01/25/07......02/14/07........--/--/--.....

Ruari..............--/--/--..........01/25/07......02/23/07........--/--/--.....congressman

ron&nadine.........01/07/07..........01/22/07......02/27/07........--/--/--.....

dee................01/25/07..........01/29/07......02/20/07........--/--/--.....

Peter T............01/27/07..........02/01/07......03/09/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

drawbridgep........01/11/07..........02/02/07......02/15/07........--/--/--.....

Illinois77.........01/31/07..........02/02/07......03/02/07........--/--/--.....

chus...............01/26/07..........02/03/07......02/23/07........--/--/--.....

STBM04.............01/31/07..........02/05/07......03/02/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

ives_damian........01/31/07..........02/06/07......03/12/07........--/--/--.....

winterpassing......02/06/07..........02/12/07......03/09/07........--/--/--.....

MonicaT............02/08/07..........02/14/07......03/10/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

iansig40...........02/02/07..........02/16/07......03/23/07........03/17/08.....

grenoble38.........02/01/07..........02/20/07......03/03/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

Illinois...........02/19/07..........02/23/07......04/18/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

onur ............. 06/26/06..........03/15/07......04/13/07........--/--/--.....

Tammi..............02/23/07..........03/23/07......04/05/07........--/--/--.....

decharte...........02/28/07..........03/26/07......04/10/07........--/--/--.....

ace13..............03/22/07..........03/27/07......04/17/07........--/--/--.....

NickD..............03/27/07..........04/--/07......05/01/07........--/--/--.....congressman

Lyuba..............--/--/--..........04/17/07......05/07/07........--/--/--.....

gyuwono............04/17/07..........04/20/07......05/18/07........--/--/--.....

Kearinne...........04/09/07..........04/30/07......06/02/07........--/--/--.....

charlie & yeng.....4/27/07(resubm.)..05/01/07......06/02/07........--/--/--.....

Frances............04/02/07..........05/05/07......05/24/07........--/--/--.....

Kanadka............05/12/23..........05/23/07......06/11/07........--/--/--.....

Badgerbabe.........05/10/07..........05/24/07......06/11/07........--/--/--.....

debeselizz.........05/24/07..........05/31/07......06/21/07........--/--/--.....

sandy2000..........06/--/07..........06/12/07......07/13/07........--/--/--.....

laura19angel.......--/--/--..........06/15/07......07/13/07........--/--/--.....

pkmk...............06/18/07..........07/02/07......07/13/07........--/--/--.....

wifiman............06/29/07..........08/05/07......08/15/07........08/25/07.....NSC > CSC

NSC claimed accomplishments for processing I-751s:

Posting date......Processing timeframe

12/14/07..........02/09/07

01/15/08..........02/10/07

02/15/08..........07/05/06 (yes, they went backwards)

Please check your data for correctness.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.