Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
i cant believe this!! july, 06? are you kidding me? so not only they are slow, they are going backwards! this is bunch a bs let me tell you. what happens when the 1 year extension expires? am i supposed to get an infopass app. to get a stamp or something? this is all really screwed up!

I did not believe until today we have the technology for timetravel - but apparently USCIS does! It is outrageous.

I wonder if all of us stalled at NSC should start contacting respective congresspeople with these dates, as well as the fact we are stuck with NSC. I have already contacted mine, and just sent off the new dates.

I have contacted USCIS today and all I could find was that USCIS goes back from time to time to process older applications ?%#$#&^$^*#%$# bunch a ####### like usual !

NO, there is no mistake the date is July5,2006

What's going to be next month January 1,2005 ???????

I have also contacted my Congressman and he had a different answer from Nebraska .FBI apparently is taking a long, long time to check fingerprints ,names ....etc. 13months +

To me the list with these A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S involved in processing our applications is growing by the day and there is no way you can pinpoint one or the other .THIS IS JUST ONE BIG COVER UP

:angry::angry:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be contacting my congressman today. (If I ever get off hold with the IRS for requesting tax transcripts for the N-400).

I see that you are from Cleveland ,OH also.

Ms.Malak is the one taking calls regarding immigration matterr.She is representing our Congressman ,Dennis Kuchinich

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
When I was there a few weeks ago they said they'd only stamp for 60 days in Chicago and only if you have already arranged for an overseas trip - I was asked to bring my flight confirmation next time.

Thanks for this info Illinois77, even though it pi$$es me off! :angry: It means hubster will have to go for 2 stamps this summer as we have a vacation planned and he is going home for a trip... ARRRRRRRGH. I worry about him travelling with this passport stamp nonsense.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline
i cant believe this!! july, 06? are you kidding me? so not only they are slow, they are going backwards! this is bunch a bs let me tell you. what happens when the 1 year extension expires? am i supposed to get an infopass app. to get a stamp or something? this is all really screwed up!

I did not believe until today we have the technology for timetravel - but apparently USCIS does! It is outrageous.

I wonder if all of us stalled at NSC should start contacting respective congresspeople with these dates, as well as the fact we are stuck with NSC. I have already contacted mine, and just sent off the new dates.

I have contacted USCIS today and all I could find was that USCIS goes back from time to time to process older applications ?%#$#&^$^*#%$# bunch a ####### like usual !

I have also contacted my Congressman and he had a different answer from Nebraska .FBI apparently is taking a long, long time to check fingerprints ,names ....etc. 13months +

To me the list with these A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S involved in processing our applications is growing by the day and there is no way you can pinpoint one or the other .THIS IS JUST ONE BIG COVER UP

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be contacting my congressman today. (If I ever get off hold with the IRS for requesting tax transcripts for the N-400).

Sorry but I wasn't able to reply to your e-mail ,did you change your Forum ID ?

No, not yet .I'm waiting for my passport to arrive from Canada( the old one was expiring in two months ) this week and then for sure I will go to the Federal Building and demand an explanation why is taking so long

Mad stuff altogether with the date change but as mentioned they are never accurate anyway. I think I'll be contacting my congressman as well. Can someone help me with this? Do you just ask them to contact Nebraska on your behalf or something? Thanks. :)

Edited by Ruairi

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Timeline
Mad stuff altogether with the date change but as mentioned they are never accurate anyway. I think I'll be contacting my congressman as well. Can someone help me with this? Do you just ask them to contact Nebraska on your behalf or something? Thanks. :)

You go and check first to see who is your Congressman and then you submit a a form explaning your case .You will download the form from his website

You go and check first to see who is your Congressman and then you submit a a form explaning your case .You will download the form from his website

Super, found out who mine is. Thanks.

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No, not yet .I'm waiting for my passport to arrive from Canada( the old one was expiring in two months ) this week and then for sure I will go to the Federal Building and demand an explanation why is taking so long

Sorry, yeah I did. Ok keep me posted on that!

Another thing that bothers me is USCIS charges a $80 biometrics fee every time you file an application. I went in for biometrics appointment when I filed for I-485 and again for I-751, and then again if I decide to file N400. Every time you file an application they are gonna do the background check which takes 13 months plus! I was on some other forum and found out NSC proved someone's employment-based GC case in less than 3 years. Is there a reason they are treating us differently?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all.

Please add us to the list. Our dates are as follows.

March 6th, 2007 USCIS Nebraska receives our I-751 request. Notice of Action (1 year extension letter dated the same)

April 5th, 2007 Biometrics (Helena, MT local office) and FBI background check (we were told FBI cleared within 10 minutes).

Havn't heard anything since biometrics. We monitor the USCIS updates closely. When we saw Nebraska actually move back into 2006, we began scanning the internet for more info. That led us here.

Some food for thought, if I may. For those that ponder a trip to your local congressman or senator let me quote from the Duseldorf, Germany "COMMUNIST RULES FOR REVOLUTION", circa 1919.

Rule #5) Destroy the people's faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and disgrace.

I found out after serving 14 years in the U.S. Army that when it comes to politicians, it all boils down to one thing. Silence equals consent. My own gov't fought me harder then the Iraqi army did when I filed for a veterans pension due to "work related injuries" sustained during Operation Desert Storm. The actions (or lack thereof) of our "leaders" can only be described as contemptible, ridiculous, and disgraceful when we see how our wounded troops are treated when they return home.

And as far as the performance of the Nebraska service center, or more specifically the performance of its staff, let me make pull another rule from the same.

Rule #7) By encouraging government extravagance, destroy it's credit, produce years of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.

So we have extravagantly paid (in comparison to actual work accomplished) gov't workers creating little more then, from what I can see on this forum, discontent. We not only have to pay taxes, but also fees for all this misery.

Final note. For those that wonder why on earth the FBI takes so long to process background checks, read this article.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...27/MN181034.DTL

Hint: FBI adding thousands of anti-war protestors to its bloated "terror database". Seems the FBI is too busy playing step-and-fetch to politicians to actually, you know, do their job?

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Timeline
Another thing that bothers me is USCIS charges a $80 biometrics fee every time you file an application. I went in for biometrics appointment when I filed for I-485 and again for I-751, and then again if I decide to file N400. Every time you file an application they are gonna do the background check which takes 13 months plus! I was on some other forum and found out NSC proved someone's employment-based GC case in less than 3 years. Is there a reason they are treating us differently?

Is just money grab like we got accustomed already with USCIS

Look at those fees ....very soon a lot of us will not be able to afford them anymore .It's just business, stinking greedy business

:angry:

Edited by iansig40

Ah, thanks for the information. I live in Denver and I found out my congress woman is Diana DeGette. I am looking at her website right now!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Look at those fees ....very soon a lot of us will not be able to afford them anymore .It's just business, stinking greedy business

Yeah no kidding. This is why we are applying for naturalization for my husband next week. It may be $675 but we'll be done with the fees forever after that (I hope!!)

Yeah no kidding. This is why we are applying for naturalization for my husband next week. It may be $675 but we'll be done with the fees forever after that (I hope!!)

I would have no issue with the delay for the I-751 if at the time of applying for naturalization the fees for applying for the removal of conditions were either refunded or applied towards the cost of the N-400 (assuming that the I-751 isn't adjudicated by then).

When the government requires a fee (lets call it a tax because that's what it really is...a tax on legal immigration) in order to follow the law and then fails to provide the service in a timely manner then it should either be considered theft or fraud.

At the very least if on the day of cashing the check for the N-400 if the I-751 has not been adjudicated on that date then the fees for filing (petition and biometrics) should be forfeit and refunded in the same way that excess taxes are refunded yearly.

I think that if anyone is going to file a lawsuit then the suit will have little value unless such a provision is the outcome of the suit. The government simply should not be sitting on cases for years on end in the hopes of collecting more fees and giving nothing in return.

Timeline

I'm not going to waist more money with this USCIS ....BS .Screw them ....I'll just live on GC and travel with my Canadian Passport if that's the treatment we get from US. Sad but true !!!!!!

Timeline

I would have no issue with the delay for the I-751 if at the time of applying for naturalization the fees for applying for the removal of conditions were either refunded or applied towards the cost of the N-400 (assuming that the I-751 isn't adjudicated by then).

When the government requires a fee (lets call it a tax because that's what it really is...a tax on legal immigration) in order to follow the law and then fails to provide the service in a timely manner then it should either be considered theft or fraud.

At the very least if on the day of cashing the check for the N-400 if the I-751 has not been adjudicated on that date then the fees for filing (petition and biometrics) should be forfeit and refunded in the same way that excess taxes are refunded yearly.

I think that if anyone is going to file a lawsuit then the suit will have little value unless such a provision is the outcome of the suit. The government simply should not be sitting on cases for years on end in the hopes of collecting more fees and giving nothing in return.

The problem is they won't accept your N-400 application unless you filed I-751 also ....they won't skip this substantial amount of money even if they know they stink. Everything is calculated so they can grab as much as possible for their revenue .Can they be accused of fraud and theft? Oh yes , you're damn right !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.